Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks anything on game pass youd recommend for a 7 year old?

Super lucky tails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

14 Days Free Trial for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate..

Please respond if you have used it

TWGVG-K4WH3-TRY6T-YD4GH-976YZ

Assume it could be used for stacking codes... Received from a controller purchase

Be wide there's bot scrapers that search for codes. Best to put up a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems Control is being teased for Gamepass next month.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1333093364976128002?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,109 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dang and I bought gang beast's in the sale haha ah well I won't complain, ive been lucky with games I was tempted to buy that were added (final fantasy 7, 8 and 9, tales of vesperia etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Game pass is rubbish sure I mean if you have a few thousand euro you could buy all those games instead of paying €10 a month.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Shame Control doesn't include the Series version, would have been nice to see what it brings to the table. Anyway, can't complain too much, as I'm paying so little for all the Game Pass games that they almost seem free.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

CatInABox wrote: »
    Shame Control doesn't include the Series version, would have been nice to see what it brings to the table. Anyway, can't complain too much, as I'm paying so little for all the Game Pass games that they almost seem free.

I wonder if Control is going to be a three month job - be up there until Jan/Feb, then get removed the month the Series Update comes out. Played some of it on PC, but my poor graphics card started wheezing on it, so I know it'll get at least two playthroughs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

It's not out yet, right? They mightn't want to advertise the Series release until it's actually available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

I bought control and Assetto in the sale :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

elusiveguy wrote: »

My approach with Game Pass and buying games in sales these days is to buy the deluxe version of the game if Im buying it at all. That way I fell relatively justified as the DLC is rarely included on Game Pass. At least that's how I comfort myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I very rarely play the non-AAA stuff but the original Superhot was probably my best gamepass find of the last generation, looking forward to trying the next instalment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

hots wrote: »
    I very rarely play the non-AAA stuff but the original Superhot was probably my best gamepass find of the last generation, looking forward to trying the next instalment.

The you're missing out on one of the games of the generation, The Outer Wilds. Not the Outer Worlds, which was an enjoyable if standard romp, The Outer Wilds is utterly amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

So I went into smiths to pick up a game pass for my kid to go with his Xbox s series, was told they only have them for Xbox 1. Does the same game pass not work on any Xbox?? Where can I get a physical game pass that I can have in a stocking on Xmas morning for a Xbox series s and what’s the difference between ultimate and normal. Thanks

elusiveguy wrote: »

The version of Control you bought includes the dlc and the Series S|X version when released, the version on Gamepass is the the base game.

meath4sam wrote: »
    So I went into smiths to pick up a game pass for my kid to go with his Xbox s series, was told they only have them for Xbox 1. Does the same game pass not work on any Xbox?? Where can I get a physical game pass that I can have in a stocking on Xmas morning for a Xbox series s and what’s the difference between ultimate and normal. Thanks

Game Pass works on all Xbox consoles.

Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Gold, Game Pass for PC and EA Play.

Game Pass only gets you the Game Pass library for Xbox, which doesn't include Gold for online play.

I know it's for a present but you would be better off getting 2 12 month Gold subscriptions and a 6 month Gold subscription online. By toggling auto renew on and off between inputting codes you will get 33 months of Gold.

Microsoft do an offer for your first month of Game Pass Ultimate for €1, if you purchase this offer and turn on auto renew again it will convert the previous 33 months of Gold to GPU as well giving you 35 months of the top subscription.

That what I thought and I know flip all.....

That what I thought and I know flip all.....

Just edited my post above with more details.

Just edited my post above with more details.

Thanks I read about the offer but to be honest I just want 3 or 6 month to get started for now and can look at offers after that.
    If I call in into game stop is there a physical card I could buy to put in stocking Xmas morning for the ultimate one

• Advertisement

Thanks I read about the offer but to be honest I just want 3 or 6 month to get started for now and can look at offers after that.
    If I call in into game stop is there a physical card I could buy to put in stocking Xmas morning for the ultimate one

They will print the code on a receipt that can be put in a stocking. The price of 3 months Gold is €19.99 and 6 months is €29.99 in Smyths and GameStop.

You can use the GPU upgrade after using this for an additional €1.

After the subscription has expired you can stack Gold as I mentioned and buy a month of Ultimate at full price to convert to GPU once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The you're missing out on one of the games of the generation, The Outer Wilds. Not the Outer Worlds, which was an enjoyable if standard romp, The Outer Wilds is utterly amazing.

Good man, that's become the third game to grace the Series X. And despite you highlighting the difference between the two it's only in third because I accidentally downloaded outer worlds first :o

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Just got my Xbox Series X and about to set it up tonight, had X Box One but rarely used it but have done the XBL to Xbox Game Pass trick.

However I've never used Game Pass so if you don't mind a few questions:

1) do games available change at certain time each month, ie 1st month means new set?

2) are games typically available for a certain amount of time or does it depend on the game?

3) if you're going to invest time in a game is there any notice given or how do you know if a game is going to be unavailable soon?

4) lastly, one of the reasons I got the Xbox is to introduce it to my kids. They're very young (eldest has just turned 3) so I'd like to only have age appropriate games on in front of her - when you turn on game pass can you filter by age appropriate?

Sorry for all the questions!

The Joycer wrote: »
    Just got my Xbox Series X and about to set it up tonight, had X Box One but rarely used it but have done the XBL to Xbox Game Pass trick.

However I've never used Game Pass so if you don't mind a few questions:

1) do games available change at certain time each month, ie 1st month means new set?

2) are games typically available for a certain amount of time or does it depend on the game?

3) if you're going to invest time in a game is there any notice given or how do you know if a game is going to be unavailable soon?

4) lastly, one of the reasons I got the Xbox is to introduce it to my kids. They're very young (eldest has just turned 3) so I'd like to only have age appropriate games on in front of her - when you turn on game pass can you filter by age appropriate?

Sorry for all the questions!

1. Games are typically added ad hoc, games are usually removed around the 15th and the 30th.

2. Depends on the game, Microsoft published games like Minecraft will not be removed though.

3.They usually update the blog and app with removals 2 weeks before removal. If you wish to continue on you will get a discount on purchasing the game before it leaves.

4. Not sure as I've never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Gold, Game Pass for PC and EA Play.

Game Pass only gets you the Game Pass library for Xbox, which doesn't include Gold for online play.

I know it's for a present but you would be better off getting 2 12 month Gold subscriptions and a 6 month Gold subscription online. By toggling auto renew on and off between inputting codes you will get 33 months of Gold.

Microsoft do an offer for your first month of Game Pass Ultimate for €1, if you purchase this offer and turn on auto renew again it will convert the previous 33 months of Gold to GPU as well giving you 35 months of the top subscription.

Just wanted to check something. I had Gamepass Ultimate before but I no longer have it. Can I still do this? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Just wanted to check something. I had Gamepass Ultimate before but I no longer have it. Can I still do this? Thanks.

You can, you will need to pay the full price for 1 month to convert though.

antifyre wrote: »
    I wonder if Control is going to be a three month job - be up there until Jan/Feb, then get removed the month the Series Update comes out. Played some of it on PC, but my poor graphics card started wheezing on it, so I know it'll get at least two playthroughs...

That'll be disappointing if it is. Been holding out for this for so long on game pass. Now if only I hadn't traded my One X in Gamestop in return for an empty promise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

The Joycer wrote: »

You can set up a log in/gamer tag for each user, and set maturity ratings for each person. I have mine set up so my account requires a pin to log in as well, so my 8 year old can't log into my account.

You can also, either via accounts.microsoft.com or the family safety app set up screen time limits per day, limits for individual games etc, who if anyone they can chat too.

Basically, they've done a lot of work to make it very simple to keep your kids safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's very short, I started it yesterday and finished it this morning, but Call of The Sea is a very enjoyable little puzzle/story game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I had borrowed my brother's PS4 and kinda flew through 'Control' though not to completion.

Found the difficulty spiked in the middle. Good craic most of the time.

• Advertisement

I came across Control and my initial thoughts were "wasnt this supposed to be good".

After seeing the above posts and glancing at a video review I think I'll give it a download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I came across Control and my initial thoughts were "wasnt this supposed to be good".

After seeing the above posts and glancing at a video review I think I'll give it a download.
    I had the same first impression 'Wasn't this a game that everyone was raving about?'.

I must have to go back and give it another shot. Maybe I need to soldier a little further in to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I'm really enjoying Control but i'm the one person alive who liked the combat in Alan Wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Control only really gets going when you have all the abilities unlocked, I really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭This is it

Just to confirm, if I buy 12 months gold, turn off auto renew and then add 1 month ultimate, I'll get 12 or 13 months of ultimate? Thanks

This is it wrote: »
    Just to confirm, if I buy 12 months gold, turn off auto renew and then add 1 month ultimate, I'll get 12 or 13 months of ultimate? Thanks

You'll get 13 months of Gold if auto renew is off before redemption upon reactivating auto renew.

If you then turn off auto renew and add a month of GPU you will end up with 15 months of GPU turning auto renew on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

This is it wrote: »

Leave auto renew on and it’ll give you a free month so you’ll get 14 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

You'll get 13 months of Gold if auto renew is off before redemption upon reactivating auto renew.

If you then turn off auto renew and add a month of GPU you will end up with 15 months of GPU turning auto renew on again.

That’s amazing. I stupidly took up the gamepass offer a year ago and only got a month of gamepass.

I have Xbox live until August next year. If I turn off auto-renew, then add 12 more months and agree to turn auto renew back on I’ll end up adding 13 months.

I get that.

But the only gamepass offer I have currently on my dash is ultimate for one month for €1 - then it says it’ll then start charging €12.99 per month.

Is that the same offer? If I take that will it convert all my existing live for the next c. 20 plus months as ultimate?

Or am I too dim to get this (I probably am, sorry).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

When you pay full price for a 1 month GPU it converts all of you Gold over. I'd assume the offer on your dashboard would do the same. I'd add another 12 months of gold before converting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Skyrim is the only game I recognize there anyone see any hidden gem that I don't know about?

I have a hidden gem that I played recently that I never heard about and it was Supraland, absolutely brilliant game. It's on gamepass.

Skyrim is the only game I recognize there anyone see any hidden gem that I don't know about?

I have a hidden gem that I played recently that I never heard about and it was Supraland, absolutely brilliant game. It's on gamepass.

Code Vein is an alright Souls clone.

My Friend Pedro is good, but that's already there for Xbox (or used to be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Morkredd looks interesting, but I haven't read any reviews yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Great shout, really enjoyed Supraland after seeing it mentioned on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

pm1977x wrote: »
    Great shout, really enjoyed Supraland after seeing it mentioned on here.

Did you keep playing after you beat it and get
    the big jump
    . I was wondering when I was playing it how do you get those coins up really high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Hey guys, just ordered an xbox series X from Smyth's, should be here before the 22nd all going well, looking at getting the xbox gold live and doing the conversion to GPU , I've seen it mentioned to pick up a 12 month sub x 2 & a 6 month from cd keys, I've noticed that the African one seems to be the cheapest at around 32 euro anyone used this one or is the Brazilian one the favoured option?

glic83 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just ordered an xbox series X from Smyth's, should be here before the 22nd all going well, looking at getting the xbox gold live and doing the conversion to GPU , I've seen it mentioned to pick up a 12 month sub x 2 & a 6 month from cd keys, I've noticed that the African one seems to be the cheapest at around 32 euro anyone used this one or is the Brazilian one the favoured option?
    Stick with whats tried and tested unless there is a huge saving. You might need to know which African country the code came from. Remember you have to actually take "a holiday" to the country to redeem the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Hey guys i added 2 x 12 months xbox live gold about a month ago. I then added a gamepass month for 12euro. Today the gamepass expired and now i cannot access live at all without it seems renewing a gamepass? Is this possible or am i doing something wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Did you keep playing after you beat it and get
    the big jump
    . I was wondering when I was playing it how do you get those coins up really high.

No, left it after beating it and a bit of chest collecting, might go back as there’s loads more to do I guess?

Advertisement