Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Going to try this tomorrow, I've cancelled my membership.

So all I need to do is connect to Turkey VPN, login and join again and select my revolut as the payment method from reading above is that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭irelandrover

If you want to stay within the EU for these things. Dutch prime is 3 a month and there is an offer at the moment for hbo max for 3 euro a month for the basic and 4 euro a month for the deluxe. That will be the price you always pay according to the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Make sure you have added an Irish mobile number first Incase it wants to send a verification text.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

might have made a boo boo!

went into NF Ireland and added the Turkish vouchers x 3 TL100

when i went to add the fourth TL100

now "HTTP ERROR 403" in redeem voucher page

anyone else get this?

Should I have VPN into NF turkey to add the vouchers?

or is it a case that NF will only allow 6 months worth of vouchers to be loaded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I want to add another card to.my Turkey Netflix account. I am going to get onto chat to be sent a link but do I need to VPN to Turkey to do this or do the Irish chat do it no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

anyone recommend a vpn for iphone to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

So tried for the first time in months to add my Revolut card to my account - for the first time ever it's not being outright rejected, but I'm now hitting the same text message validation as others have mentioned. Have my Irish number already on the account.

So rather than muck about with support and secure forms, I just popped on a bunch of gift cards (TurGame cheapest, less than £6 for 100TL!) - I see some people have had issues with TurGame cards lately. I bought from them via g2a, got my codes in under a minute, redeemed them without a hitch, and now I've enough credit on my account for a lot more bing-watching 😁

I just redeemed 3 x 100TL vouchers. Was in incognito mode but no VPN

I was already loaded up from my last vouchers but given they're so cheap right now, I'm paid up to Feb 2023, so definitely no limitation on 6 months credit.

Maybe wait a few hours and try the 4th one again?

gave it 5mins and was able to load up 5 of 6.

also good until feb 23 with 5 as it stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you load credit and it says that you are paid up for the next 12 months this is only if the price stays the same. If the price doubled then your 12 months charge to six months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Balls, I think Netflix have just shut out new users to this 'work around'. I just tried signing up, all went fine as per the instructions on here, I selected the Turkish service, they already had my card details, all looked good and then right at the end they said 'We just need to confirm who you are' and it asked for a Turkish phone to send a verification code to. My Irish phone is already in my Netflix account so they are ignoring that and requesting a Turkish number now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've been on a Turkish sub for ages paying with Revolut but card is expiring soon. Can I just login to my Netflix account and update payment details or do I have to use a VPN? On a side note does anyone hear have a Turkish mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Did you use VPN or not for loading the vouchers. It seems to be a bit hit and miss to load them on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Same thing happened to me, I wonder is this the beginning of the end...

Still getting the error message after 24hrs.

Clearing cookies and cache, or logging in from different IPs has the same result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

You'll probably be asked for a Turkish mobile number though (I was today trying to add a backup card... Luckily mine is still valid a while yet)

Before I renew just want to confirm the steps. I have cancelled membership and it should be up tomorrow.

Do you then just connect to Turkey VPN and click restart membership. Does it prompt you to pay in Lira then. My card details is still saved on my account but I was going to buy the Lira Netflix vocuher to top it up instead. Just don't want to mess it up when trying to sign back up again.

I got it setup through VPN had my Irish Bank card still against it, couldn't add revolut as second card even after approving it in Revolut app. Had problems adding two Netflix lira vouchers, got to add one so all good to June.

More problems adding the second voucher so I'll try again later or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I was able to renew today using a turkish vpn and my aib debit card, Netflix wouldn't let me add a revolut card even after mobile verification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

The first time you need a VPN to show Netflix that you are in "Turkey" but after that you can buy top ups and add to Netflix without a VPN

Most free VPNs will do

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

I've been trying to add my cards to Netflix TR for months now but always got an error. Onto support and they were useless, kept telling me to contact the bank to enable online payments! I tried Revolut, Monese, N26, Curve, AIB Debit and KBC Credit and not one of them worked.

Decided to try again Incognito with the VPN on and surprisingly it took the Curve card this time. I won't get too excited til the first payment goes through next month but it Might be helpful for one of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Tried switching again from Mexico to Turkey.... cancelled Mexico, membership expired, used a Turkish vpn and selected the 4 screen option (T.Lira 55) but on the final page it wouldn't accept my default credit card (Revolut) that I've been using with Netflix. No problem proceeding with Mexico once i switched vpn back to Mexico, thankfully.

Am I missing a trick here with the Turkish one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Cards are very hit & miss for Turkey. Many of us gave up & bought Netflix Turkey gift cards. They work out slightly more expensive but a lot cheaper than Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭joinme

Hi, did you get any further with this? Does anyone know what to do if asked for a Turkish mobile number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I tried updating my payment details with my new Revolut card but it wouldn't work despite verifying it in the app. Did it with and without VP and no luck. Got onto Netflix chat and got asked all sorts of questions about where I was located v where the account was setup. I had to tell them I was from Turkey but living in Ireland. Got the usual cancel your Turkish sub and create a new Irish one so told them I was moving back to Turkey soon and didn't want to do that. They eventually said that the reason it failed was that "the currency on this account is under Turkey TRY which is not aligned to your location and card currency." Never got as far as being asked for a Turkish phone number. So looks like Netflix Turkey was trying to verify payment in Lira but the currency of my Revolut is Euro which makes little sense when you have multiple currency wallets but maybe it's a new security feature?

I tried Curve too which I have linked to my Revolut card and that failed even after validating the verification code. I then changed the currency on my Curve card from Euro to USD, tried it again and Netflix accepted the Curve card as a backup card. I think made it my primary payment card and reset Curve back to Euro instead of USD. I guess I'll have to wait until the next payment date now to see if it gets accepted or rejected. If it gets rejected then I'll just buy Turkish gift cards rather than farting around forever with it.

Incidentally upgrading my Revolut card on Youtube Premium (India) and Prime Video (Turkey) was straight forward enough with no issue. Again will have to wait unit payment dates to see if they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Sorry if this has been asked before but when I cancel my irish subscription do I have to wait for the account to completely cancel - ie go past my next renewal date - or can I sign up for Turkey and reactivate straight away? Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Advertisement