Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New WHS Index

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Is it four shots or is that just the difference between your handicap index and your current CONGU handicap? Because if it is, the calculation for course handicap is HI * SR/113

SR is the Slope Rating for the tees you normally play at your club. Unless the slope rating is less than 113, your course handicap will be higher than your index

HI*SR/113 =16.8 for me and my club.... I am playing off (CONGU System) 18 handicap but my only score counting is 34points ....so closer to 20 handicap (my non counting scores I.e. 3 others would indicate HI of 18+ ?

I’ve contacted HC secretary to review. He has confirmed there are some significant anomaly’s being looked into....hoping mine is one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

Is it four shots or is that just the difference between your handicap index and your current CONGU handicap? Because if it is, the calculation for course handicap is HI * SR/113

SR is the Slope Rating for the tees you normally play at your club. Unless the slope rating is less than 113, your course handicap will be higher than your index

Am I right in saying so that the HI given on Golf Ireland isn't what I'll actually be playing off but instead it'll be
    it × Sr/113. That's what has to be calculated before each round? If so, I wonder do most golfers know that or would they think that number on golf Ireland is it what will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

The link in my verification email just brings me to the golf Ireland login page.

Can’t request another email.

So that’s good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The link in my verification email just brings me to the golf Ireland login page.

Can’t request another email.

So that’s good.

How many times did you click on the resend email tab initially? Mine only worked when I clicked on the final email they sent me. It then said email confirmed when it opened.

How many times did you click on the resend email tab initially? Mine only worked when I clicked on the final email they sent me. It then said email confirmed when it opened.

I did click on resend email once.

Received the first email about 25 mins ago.

Will just have to wait patiently on the second email coming through I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I did click on resend email once.

Received the first email about 25 mins ago.

Will just have to wait patiently on the second email coming through I guess!

Not saying it'll definitely work for you but it did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I'm having similar issues with Golf Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Since this isn't supposed to be rolled out to members until Monday, I suspect that the url escaped rather than was released. So I'd expect lots of issues as they are probably in testing mode at the moment.

macslash wrote: »
    Am I right in saying so that the HI given on Golf Ireland isn't what I'll actually be playing off but instead it'll be
    it × Sr/113. That's what has to be calculated before each round? If so, I wonder do most golfers know that or would they think that number on golf Ireland is it what will be used.

Based on the conversations I’ve had today with golfers the HI is their new handicap. The SR/113 calculation or the 95% limit for comps is not understood as yet.

Based on the conversations I’ve had today with golfers the HI is their new handicap. The SR/113 calculation or the 95% limit for comps is not understood as yet.
    Conversion tables were sent out to clubs a few weeks ago. What did they think they were? Wallpaper? :D

• Advertisement

Never even been published by our club to the best of my knowledge . To be fair they were beginning an education program about 3 weeks ago and I’m sure would have got everything published for members to understand ahead of implementation.....but you know.....lockdown etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

So sept HC was 24.2 (got cut to 23 in Oct)
    WHS HC index 20.2 (no Oct data yet).
    Using slope/course ratings calculator from club and tees normally play get a handicap of 21 (24 for blue/back tees that I never even look at)

Agree for a start a lot of people (myself included until went though this thread and the “ New Worldwide Handicap System” thread) will assume HC index = their HC but in fairness reading back on mails from club it is all there...but laziness kicks in until actually becomes urgent/important vs not urgent/important.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

macslash wrote: »
    How are you seeing what other members got cut to?

Our handicap secretary issued out a PDF of all new handicaps a week ago. I just compared with the list we had on our noticeboard of the old handicaps.

As it works out, there was a readjustment this morning issued and the initial estimates have been pulled back in. On the whole actually, there seems to be more reductions than increases now. Although mine still increased, but by only 0.5, instead of 1.2

Rikand wrote: »
    Our handicap secretary issued out a PDF of all new handicaps a week ago. I just compared with the list we had on our noticeboard of the old handicaps.

As it works out, there was a readjustment this morning issued and the initial estimates have been pulled back in. On the whole actually, there seems to be more reductions than increases now. Although mine still increased, but by only 0.5, instead of 1.2
    Yeah. PCC was added in on Friday I think. Mostly bringing handicaps down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i'll hold off on voting till mine is updated with missing scores
    but likely to go up by a shot at least

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was 11.7, index is now 9.6. Had done own calculations and had 9.7, so not far off

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

I've gone up from 14.6 to 16.4. I had my calculations coming in at 14.0 but that was factoring scores where I got a clause adjustment applied to my handicap for cuts in non qualifying when we came out of lockdown.

Before its queried, I shot 40 points twice in 3 days, all cards were marked and the handicap committee agreed to consider my cards for a cut at my request

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭almostover

I've gone up from 8.1 to 9.0, a little disappointed as I had a good year going from 12 to 8 and being beaten on count back for golfer of the year. Our course slope is lowish at 119 so guessing many people went up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've had a decent increase, gone from 13 to 17.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

So can you now get cut for a fourball or for winter golf?

• Advertisement

8.4 to 8.1

Expected to stay the same as I’ve had a consistent year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Anyone esle unable to verify email still?

Maybe they've closed sign ups

jams100 wrote: »
    So can you now get cut for a fourball or for winter golf?

i believe at some stage four balls will be accounted for but not straight away
    not for winter golf, unless as could be done with conga, placing is restricted to fairway only

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

you MUST play from the permanent tee markers and not the movable ones

My course would often use a mixture of the forward and back tees on par 3's and at least two par 4's I'm guessing mostly due to prevailing wind that day. Is that all going to be stopped now?

flugel wrote: »
    My course would often use a mixture of the forward and back tees on par 3's and at least two par 4's I'm guessing mostly due to prevailing wind that day. Is that all going to be stopped now?

i always thought that if your comp was running off a particular set of tees, there was a a determined acceptable distance from the relevant stones where it could be moved

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I have gone from 11.2 to 9.1 i had some 3 really good scores recently i think it will mean that i am off 10 on our whites and 11 off our medal tee's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Just got it. 15.6 to 12.2

I was trending towards probably 13 in my play so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Seve OB wrote: »
    i always thought that if your comp was running off a particular set of tees, there was a a determined acceptable distance from the relevant stones where it could be moved

Your correct, I think it’s a meter each way for comps.

A lot of clubs with big tee boxes move them around a lot to protect the tee box. I know we use about 20 locations on par 3’s to allow the surface to recover.

But for qualifying comp it needs to be within the limit.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Your correct, I think it’s a meter each way for comps.

A lot of clubs with big tee boxes move them around a lot to protect the tee box. I know we use about 20 locations on par 3’s to allow the surface to recover.

But for qualifying comp it needs to be within the limit.

a meter seems quite tight.

• Advertisement

flugel wrote: »
    This restriction is only for initial handicap rounds and also for supplementary scores. Competitions can be run from whatever position the movable tee markers are set at.

Except. The movable markers cannot be more than ten metres forward or back of the permanent markers and the overall course length for that set of tees can't be changed by more than 100m either way.

Advertisement