Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New WHS Index

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Went from 5.1 to 3.5. Thought it would drop to 4.5 so surprised to see that. I guess these are relative to the course where you are a member

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

9.8 down to 9.0 for me. I calculated about 8.8 so about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Anyone esle unable to verify email still?

Maybe they've closed sign ups

Mine took an hour to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

My email took ages too, anybody else scores only up to end of September??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

It finally went through, I made the mistake of clicking resend, its the last email you get that will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Do you need to sign up for a new Golf Ireland account if you already have a Golfnet one ?

Russman wrote: »
    Do you need to sign up for a new Golf Ireland account if you already have a Golfnet one ?

Yep

Redriddick wrote: »
    Yep

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

8.4 down to 5.9

According to the graph I'll be off 7 though as faithlegg has high slope rating. Was expecting it tbh. Very consistent year and down from 11.4 to 10.9 without a big score

Gone from 9 out to 10.3, not showing the October rounds for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

I’ve gone from 10.1 to 8.8

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭lob020

I went from 16.4 to 14.5 ,but missing 6 rounds in Oct on WHS

Went from 8.7 to 10.2
    Probably about right, I’ve played utter rubbish for a couple of years.

One thing confuses me though, the list of indices beside each score on your list of scores - what does that represent ? There’s none of mine are close to wha it says is my new Index.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Went from 8.7 to 10.2
    Probably about right, I’ve played utter rubbish for a couple of years.

One thing confuses me though, the list of indices beside each score on your list of scores - what does that represent ? There’s none of mine are close to wha it says is my new Index.

I thought it was what your handicap index would have been at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

16.8 to 16.2. A couple of rounds from october not uploaded it seems but they should reduce it further.

At the time of the last round uploaded i was 18.4 so has calculated a reduction of 2.2 from that point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Gone from 14.3 to 13.8 but will end up having more shots on both white and blues tees in home course.

Only 14 scores on system since 2018 so only using 5 for average. There 3 average/poor scores fro. September that aren't on system yet but dont think I will get a clear picture till get more scores in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I thought it was what your handicap index would have been at the time.
    Yeah. The one on line one should be the same as your current index. Every one before that is calculated from the 20 rounds from line 2 back and so forth. If there are big differences, could be because you don't have 20 rounds yet.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yeah. The one on line one should be the same as your current index. Every one before that is calculated from the 20 rounds from line 2 back and so forth. If there are big differences, could be because you don't have 20 rounds yet.

That’s what I would have thought alright from a logical point of view. For some reason my line 1 is showing WHS index of 9.8 but my WHS Index is up above on the header 10.2
    I‘ve 3 pages of rounds in, so way more than 20. It’s odd, on each of the 8 rounds that are highlighted as my counting rounds, none of the WHS Indices are as high as what’s showing up above as my Handicap Index. Meh, it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Haven't played much golf at all in 2020 for obvious reasons. Covid and Work getting in way :(

Have to be honest only really started to enjoy it again during September when I actually completed two decent rounds

Very surprised to see my hcap go from 11.1 to 8.5 :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

That's a serious cut for your amount of golf. Having difficulties login in but fingers crossed it won't be to far from the 12.5 on golfnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Any idea when rounds after September will be included?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Two shot cut for me, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

11.0 to 9.2

Finally a single figure golfer 😂😂

That’s what I would have thought alright from a logical point of view. For some reason my line 1 is showing WHS index of 9.8 but my WHS Index is up above on the header 10.2
    I‘ve 3 pages of rounds in, so way more than 20. It’s odd, on each of the 8 rounds that are highlighted as my counting rounds, none of the WHS Indices are as high as what’s showing up above as my Handicap Index. Meh, it is what it is.
    Is there a PCC in your results? There were similar differences on mine before they added PCC data.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Gone from 12.5 on golfnet to 14.6 on whs .... October scores not included yet so expecting a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

11.0 to 9.2

Finally a single figure golfer 😂😂

Is that your actual handicap though or just your index?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Went from 5.4 to 3.9 that can’t be right was never below 5.0 in my life

Is that your actual handicap though or just your index?
    Methinks we need an explanatory post at the beginning of this thread. So many people have allowed this to go whoosh.

Item number 1: Your handicap index is NOT your handicap.
    Item number 2: No, it doesn't stop at the end of September. Monday is go live day
    Item number 3: You'll find slope and course ratings here: ncrdb.usga.org
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolutely and also,

Number 4. Once playing handicap worked out a 95% rule needs to be applied.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 purdy1984

My HC was 20.3 with my HI now 18.6

Our course has a slope of 128 off our white tees so my playing handicap is 21 so my index has gone down but because our course is high slope i will be playing it with an extra shot compared to previous system.

On Golf Ireland all our comps were down as off yellow tee when they were off white tee so i expect this handicap index to change, would i be correct?

Advertisement