Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I want to try and get Thors hammer and Excalibur. Which is more powerful . Do I have to be at a certain level to get them ? How do I get them
    You can only get thors armor by defeating the three daughters of lerion each one you defeat you get a piece of armor then you've to place their swords in a statue and also kill all 45 members of the order of the ancients. Only when you have the full armor you have to go back to Norway and only then you pull the hammer from the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

It seems like you can go really far into this game without building your base up much . Am I missing something? I've arrived at Vinland. Not much of my base is built. Alot of it seems pointless other than the black Smith seers hut and the girl that sells items . Also the guy that does the contracts requires online but it's not working for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You can only get thors armor by defeating the three daughters of lerion each one you defeat you get a piece of armor then you've to place their swords in a statue and also kill all 45 members of the order of the ancients. Only when you have the full armor you have to go back to Norway and only then you pull the hammer from the ground

Which is more powerful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've been playing through this, and have really enjoyed the start so far, only just scratching the surface. One thing has been bothering me (other than a few bugs), but Eivors ability to sprint up the side of mountains through deep snow. It's weird, but climbing the sheer rock face in seconds is fine in my head, but running up through snow? Whatever is going on in my head there just makes me think "well, that's just not right."

Another thing I've noticed is that the load times on the Series X is so low that fast travel is way too appealing. I'd fast travel a distance of 100 metres because it's so fast, and it definitely changes the experience, at least in a minor way.

The skill tree is really starting to annoy me now as I get 100+ points into it. They went with aesthetics over usability there.

• Advertisement

Spent the evening in
    Asgard
    which feels very much like a DLC from the last game. Actually surprised it'd not DLC though not finished it so maybe there are some main story beats here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stuck in Asgard after beating the builder mission wont move on, stuck in the tower.

Going back means I lose about 2 territories which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I've stopped playing the game after encountering a game breaking glitch. I'm not buying anymore ubisoft games on day 1. Three of the games I've played this year from them have had issues like this.

Parting tips:
    - Assassinate the dummies in the settlement for easy full adrenaline.
    - Get the explosive arrows asap to avoid the pointless puzzles where you need to get oil jars to blow up a wall.

That's a shame, I hate those bugs that halt or remove progress. Shouldn't happen.

Equally annoying because this game seems like, to me, the best there has been so far. Interesting quests, better combat, less fluff. All just seems more enjoyable to me.

I've stopped playing the game after encountering a game breaking glitch. I'm not buying anymore ubisoft games on day 1. Three of the games I've played this year from them have had issues like this.

Parting tips:
    - Get the explosive arrows asap to avoid the pointless puzzles where you need to get oil jars to blow up a wall.

Oh ffs I've had that arrow for ages and didn't think to use it on the rubble.

Parting tips:

What is the bug? I think I've missions that aren't appearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stuck in Asgard after beating the builder mission wont move on, stuck in the tower.

Going back means I lose about 2 territories which sucks.

Just pause and wake up.

Just pause and wake up.

Wouldnt let me, I was just stuck in the force field area after he died.

Had to replay about 4 hours of an alliance.

Have 3 counties allied now and about 15 dead cultists.

The Battles are good, the east Anglia one was particularly fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Really enjoying this so far, not had any major bugs but one thing is pissing me off. I like fighting with a greatsword in one hand and a flail in the other (I'm cosplaying as the Witch-King of Angmar). Sometimes when I fast travel or when the game loads it unequips the flail in my off hand Anyone have any ideas as to why or is it just a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BeerFarts

Anyone have any issues with their purchase on Ubisoft Connect on PC? Purchased the standard edition on the 10th but it was never delivered to my account. Ordered with my debit card so can confirm the money is gone from my account but almost two weeks later, I have no game and no refund.

I put in a refund request on the 11th as I did not have the game, no response in over 8 days so I got on to chat. I got this response.

"I understand that you bought Valhalla and haven't received it.

Unfortunately, as the game is pending delivery to your account it cannot be refunded.

I have raised this issue with our store team, hopefully it can be pushed to your account ASAP.

Please keep an eye on your email for any updates.

We are waiting for your reply!

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us."

4 days later, no sign of any update or game. Anyone still waiting? I know they had issues on launch but my god this is the worst service I've ever had.

Spamming RT/R2 when falling negates damage, possibly mentioned already but just found that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Wouldnt let me, I was just stuck in the force field area after he died.

Had to replay about 4 hours of an alliance.

Have 3 counties allied now and about 15 dead cultists.

The Battles are good, the east Anglia one was particularly fun.

You know there are multiple aurosaves in the save menu? Surely there was one that wasn't 4 hours back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Probes wrote: »
    You know there are multiple aurosaves in the save menu? Surely there was one that wasn't 4 hours back!

I've only two saves, one from the start of East anglia and the other is where i am in the game which is half way through Sciropescire

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah, just met the most memorable character in any Assassins Creed: Axehead. Will never forget him.

New bug making the game unplayable.

Not a spoiler more like some solid advice

In Cent there is a fairy fort of stones and an NPC asks you to count the stones, after you do there is a screen effect, which for most people goes away for me and few others according to google it doesnt stop. So now I have a black screen with a hud and i have spam V just to see where I am going. None of my saves are working and the only other one is from the day before.

So yeah im done with this for a while.

FYI I had zero bugs for the 1st 30 hours then 2 game stopping ones.

Another heads up for anyone hunting achievements/trophies there is one that is potentially missable due to the amount of linen available in the game at present. You'll need 5 in hand for an offering at one of the shrines which counts towards completing all the mysteries/collectibles atc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

New bug making the game unplayable.

Not a spoiler more like some solid advice

In Cent there is a fairy fort of stones and an NPC asks you to count the stones, after you do there is a screen effect, which for most people goes away for me and few others according to google it doesnt stop. So now I have a black screen with a hud and i have spam V just to see where I am going

Maybe the reward was The Boots of Blinding Speed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

It's great when you can't tell if it's a bug or a feature. Almost quit out of the game at one point until the black screen turned out to be a lengthy loading time. ;)

Think I'm going to wait before playing further, so many little bugs that are becoming annoying now. Last night, while sailing down the river, Eivor shouts out "lower the sail", and the lads just..... don't. Cue the mast hilariously smashing into the bridge, the boat almost flipping, and then being propelled backwards.

The crew even had the temerity to ask what I was doing, as if they're blameless in this situation.

Too many bugs to enjoy it properly, so I'll dip into my backlog for a while I think.

My favourite is the fishing animation, character stood there holding nothing after every catch.

Patch live now, 4.9GB on Series X

EDIT: Tried it on visual mode as opposed to the default performance mode, doesn't look any better to my eyes. Okay maybe the grass and flowers look a little sharper but the frame rate fell through the floor. My character was on horseback in an open area with no enemies or animals save for birds when I loaded in. I'd question if it was even hitting 30fps as I panned the camera and the birds in the sky were janky as hell.

Advertisement