Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That's what I was thinking. I'd nearly hold off for the PS5 version, as I don't have a great track record of replaying games again, even if it's shinier and fancier. Think we'll hear a good announcement soon after the release date for the current gen ones.

As far as I was aware the PS4 version gets a free upgrade to the PS5 version. You could buy either one and play the PS5 version at the console's launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've pre ordered it anyway, I've no issue waiting for it to drop on the PS5.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've pre ordered it anyway, I've no issue waiting for it to drop on the PS5.

I am not planning on playing it until christmas so hopefully I can just pick up the PS4 version on the cheap by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Markitron wrote: »
    As far as I was aware the PS4 version gets a free upgrade to the PS5 version. You could buy either one and play the PS5 version at the console's launch.

I believe it does, but my question was if the proper PS5 version (not upscale PS4) is out for launch/soon after or next year. It's not very clear. I'd prefer to wait for the proper PS5 version if it's not too far away.

Gold edition with season pass was 90 quid in Smyths.

I got some great hours (100+) out of AC : Odyssey with the season pass, so I went with the Gold Edition. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I might wait until the Clontarf DLC is out......................... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Joe Duffy as an npc.

I believe it does, but my question was if the proper PS5 version (not upscale PS4) is out for launch/soon after or next year. It's not very clear. I'd prefer to wait for the proper PS5 version if it's not too far away.

What you get with the PS4 version IS the proper PS5 version, it isn't an upscale it is a free upgrade. When you put the PS4 version in the console it downloads the digital version of the PS5 version, you just need to keep the PS4 disc in the console to play it. And yes you can buy a PS5-branded version.

AFAIK the only game that is getting a temporary uprez is Cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I got some great hours (100+) out of AC : Odyssey with the season pass, so I went with the Gold Edition. :o

If you order direct from Ubisoft, you get 20% off by spending 100 of their u-points, should easily have them from playing odyssey. Full price for Valhalla gold edition is €100, so can get it for €80

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

85 if you collect in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

Mr Crispy wrote: »

They are goin for realistic representation not fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, the recent AC games have been ultra realistic sure.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    If you order direct from Ubisoft, you get 20% off by spending 100 of their u-points, should easily have them from playing odyssey. Full price for Valhalla gold edition is €100, so can get it for €80

Gold edition cancelled with Smyths....

Ultimate edition bought through Ubisoft :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gold edition cancelled with Smyths....

Ultimate edition bought through Ubisoft :pac:

If on playstation, ultimate edition can be bought for around 65 on the Indonesia PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What you get with the PS4 version IS the proper PS5 version, it isn't an upscale it is a free upgrade. When you put the PS4 version in the console it downloads the digital version of the PS5 version, you just need to keep the PS4 disc in the console to play it. And yes you can buy a PS5-branded version.

AFAIK the only game that is getting a temporary uprez is Cyberpunk

And it's coming out at the same time/for launch? If so, sweet! Might take the Ubisoft deal too, pretty sure I've about 400 Ubisoft points!

And it's coming out at the same time/for launch? If so, sweet! Might take the Ubisoft deal too, pretty sure I've about 400 Ubisoft points!

Ubisoft would sooner treat its staff with respect than miss having their games at a major console launch, so yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The character looks different.

JimBurnley wrote: »

is the discount applicable on console versions i always thought it was just PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

recyclops wrote: »
    is the discount applicable on console versions i always thought it was just PC

Yep, I ordered playstation version

• Advertisement

ahh the issue was i always choose digital makes sense now, dont need the clutter will wait for it to be cheaper paid 20 for odyssey and it was the right price

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭farreca

Just looking at the ubisoft store and I see two options for AC Valhalla on xbox, "Xbox One/Series X" and "Xbox (Download)".

Am I right in assuming that "Xbox One/Series X" is a physical copy and obviously "Xbox (Download)" is the digital one? And does "Xbox (Download)" include the upgrade to Series X?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Have not played an Assassins creed game since syndicate so don't care if this is just a copy pasta of origins and odyssey gameplay and mechanics wise. Could never find the motivation to play the newer ones, look kind of boring tbh.I will give Valhalla a try as love the setting and theme.

Also if you can switch between male/female wont that mean the relationships you can have will be extremely basic with an npc? Should just let us create a character at this stage , the story is a mess since Ezio games .

Have not played an Assassins creed game since syndicate so don't care if this is just a copy pasta of origins and odyssey gameplay and mechanics wise. Could never find the motivation to play the newer ones, look kind of boring tbh.I will give Valhalla a try as love the setting and theme.

Also if you can switch between male/female wont that mean the relationships you can have will be extremely basic with an npc? Should just let us create a character at this stage , the story is a mess since Ezio games .

If it is anything like AC Odyssey, then yea, probably. The 'relationships' in that game consisted of a selectable line of dialogue followed by a black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You probably can't switch characters, like you could with the Frye twins in Syndicate.
    You choose a character at the start of the game.
    Dialogue will be tailored slightly per character with the main people in the game, but other quest giving NPC's will probably just call you "warrior" or something non gender specific :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You probably can't switch characters, like you could with the Frye twins in Syndicate.
    Dialogue will be tailored slightly per character with the main people in the game, but other quest giving NPC's will probably just call you "warrior" or something non gender specific :)

I think they've already said you can switch at any time in the game (or maybe at least between missions). They're not separate characters, you can just choose which gender you want the character (Eivor) to be.

marcbrophy wrote: »

They have confirmed you can switch the gender of your character whenever and as often as you like. So the whole game everyone will just use generalisations. The player character's name stays the same between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »
    I think they've already said you can switch at any time in the game (or maybe at least between missions). They're not separate characters, you can just choose which gender you want the character (Eivor) to be.
    They have confirmed you can switch the gender of your character whenever and as often as you like. So the whole game everyone will just use generalisations. The player character's name stays the same between them.

Shít, my mistake guys!
    I just assumed it was the same as Odyssey.

That's seems pretty stupid on the face of it then!
    At least with the Frye twins, you could argue that because they were 2 different individuals, with different skills and weapons, one would suit a particular mission more than the other.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The trailer looks interesting, will there be those big battles in it?

What I got bored of in Odyssey and Origins was the repetition. Clear this camp, then this camp, then this camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Little confused so hoping someone can clear this up.

Is this scheduled for release day with PS5? I have seen in some places suggest it is and others its not!?

Advertisement