Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Little confused so hoping someone can clear this up.

Is this scheduled for release day with PS5? I have seen in some places suggest it is and others its not!?

Its a November 10th release for the next gen X box so I'm assuming it should be the same for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is this scheduled for release day with PS5? I have seen in some places suggest it is and others its not!?

It may come out before PS5 but yea, it will be out day one. You could just buy the PS4 version anyway

I Preordered the PS5 version on Amazon and the guaranteed delivery date is 12th November, itll be gas having it just sitting there for a week with no console released to play it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Markitron wrote: »
    It may come out before PS5 but yea, it will be out day one. You could just buy the PS4 version anyway

If anything, it makes more sense. Smyths offering both at the same price but 5er off the PS4 version if collecting in store. And will play on both platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kalico92 wrote: »
    I Preordered the PS5 version on Amazon and the guaranteed delivery date is 12th November, itll be gas having it just sitting there for a week with no console released to play it on!

Remind me of the time I bought a DVD, before I had a DVD player :D

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Remind me of the time I bought a DVD, before I had a DVD player :D

I think everyone I know bought the Matrix on DVD before they had an actual DVD player

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think everyone I know bought the Matrix on DVD before they had an actual DVD player

Guilty. :o

I'm sure I got it as my first DVD to use in the PS2, if memory serves me correctly.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Guilty. :o

I'm sure I got it as my first DVD to use in the PS2, if memory serves me correctly.

I bought it in April 2000 when it first came out, watched it on the new PC I had at the time (tiny monitor). Didn't see it properly till I got the PS2 later that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That was the last VHS I ever owned :o

That was the last VHS I ever owned :o

I bought the VHS too, in December 1999. Think my last VHS was the Phantom Menace in 2000. Bit mad to think it took almost a year for that film to release to home video.

• Advertisement

It was the Matrix haha!
    And I thought I was the only one :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It was the Matrix haha!
    And I thought I was the only one :D

Myself and 3 of my mates bought it at the same time and not one of us had a DVD player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's settlement features explored
    Bullet points:
    • Ravensthorpe is the name of your settlement
    • There are 6 "levels" of your settlement, seeing it evolve from tents and shacks to homes, buildings, and shops
    • Some types of buildings you can establish, each offering their own benefits to your settlement, and gameplay: Stable, Aviary, Graveyard, Shipyard, Brewery, Trading Post, Hunter's Hut, Cartographer, museum, Seer's Hut, ect
    • More personal relationships with recurring characters here. Unlock quests and storylines/romances the more you upgrade and recruit
    • Hidden One's Assassination Bureau sees you tracking down and assassinating Order of the Ancients targets, building up to a "boss"/leader
    • Seer's Hut sees Eivor drinking a mixture which lets him/her access "another time, another plane". Seems to be tied into the game's more mythical side of things.
    • War Table

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-12-assassins-creed-valhallas-settlement-explored-your-new-viking-home

First DLC heading to Ireland

Nice, would have been a missed opportunity if they ignored Ireland, I feel :)
    Paris sounds great too :)

3 weeks to launch, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Out on the same day as the Xbox Series X which is awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They’d probably do pretty well even if they released that Ireland DLC as a stand-alone €29.99 game over here, not that it’s even remotely likely.

I’ve always craved a proper game based on Irish folklore and mythology (Folklore on PS3 didn’t do it for me) so this is something I’m really excited for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice! This will make a great purchase when the gold edition drops in price in the new year like usual Ubi games do at Smyths and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

One thing I'm not going to do is get trapped in endless side quests/mission. Did a lot of it in Odyssey and it burned me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I am so glad I went a few weeks ago and changed my preorder from shop to delivery. I had to do a new pre order but got the same copy. Do not want another mess like FF VII. Did the same for Watch Dogs Legion. Will need something to keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    One thing I'm not going to do is get trapped in endless side quests/mission. Did a lot of it in Odyssey and it burned me out.

Ya I was very bad for that in a few of the games for the last couple I mix it up. Try and do area by area but if I miss a few I will come back

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Ireland DLC better have lots of rain or its not realistic.
    Cant wait to hear the voice actors they used should be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ireland DLC better have lots of rain or its not realistic.
    Cant wait to hear the voice actors they used should be funny

Hopefully you won't have to restrict movements for 14 days once you land.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

It seems from the previews that they have pulled back on these, you can still find random people in the world that need help with things but your map won't be full of side quests.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Odyssey is a fantastic game, i pumped in over a hundred hours and still never completed everything but what a great experience.
    While playing i imagined a viking or fuedal Japan theme for a future AC game, here we are with Valhalla coming and i should be very keen to play but rumours of the combat feeling poor and general lack of polish is a huge concern for me as that was the best feature of Odyssey.
    Hopefully these issues are addressed before release but instead of a day one purchase i had planned ill be waiting for reviews from decent reviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

surprised he says its a less visually impressive game than witcher 3, says its basic, stale and static

:(:(:(

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    surprised he says its a less visually impressive game than witcher 3, says its basic, stale and static

:(:(:(

I recently played TW3 on the 1X and it still looks ****ing incredible.

Advertisement