Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

pjohnson wrote: »
    Some are too stupid to understand "self isolation" sure they couldn't get to the pub then!

YoU JUst wANT TO gO tO tHe PuB !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    YoU JUst wANT TO gO tO tHe PuB !!!!

Didnt mean to offend you. They are open soon dont worry. Hell can probably find a scuzzy place open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Goldengirl wrote: »
    I never said you called anyone names , you are always polite and respectful , even if we do not always agree !
    I think because it was out there, unopposed , unfortunately , it was used by someone elsewhere as stick to beat nurses with ,but that also is not your fault .
    I just wanted to set the record straight .
    I know someone has been on to the Indo to get them to do just that , but I wouldn't hold my breath .
    Probably all the same, but we all have our preferences and I find the Independent very reactionary and soundbite- ish .

It has been incredibly frustrating for nurses who have been like a voice in the wilderness through all of this .

The HSE should answer for this and also the whole nursing home debacle , for which they have sidestepped the blame and said " it was all HIQA" !
    On the first part, no problem at all and thanks for clarifying the article.

Nothing new there for the HSE unfortunately, deflect everything to HIQA so that they don't have to take any of the blame for the shambles that was nursing homes.

No doubt we'll have a committee and an investigation in due time that'll make recommendations that as usual won't be implemented

Dublin Airport reported to be much busier this morning, not at normal levels but a very steady flow of passengers in the airport.

2 friends of mine flew out this morning through T1 and said the queue at security was 10-15 mins and wasn't as busy as it would have been before March but still more than they expected to be there. But overall very steady flow of people arriving into the airport this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If it locks down again I’m going digging a hole in the garden and climbing into it and hibernating like a bear.
    Wake me up when all of it is over.
    Fcukin sick of it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Sickening scenes at Dublin airport this morning on Ireland Am news. The amount of people flying out is worrying in the extreme.

The clear public health advice is no non essential travel off of the Island, yet Ireland be like. With the amount of imported cases on the rise this gets even more dangerous now.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Not the smartest medical staff member me thinks:

0014b8bd-614.jpg?ratio=1.78
    A medical staff member rests in front of a fan in the Covid-19 intensive care unit at the United Memorial Medical Center in Houston, Texas

pjohnson wrote: »
    Didnt mean to offend you. They are open soon dont worry. Hell can probably find a scuzzy place open now.

Ah no I'm fine but some of the sanctimonious bull****ting here would drive mother Theresa to drink.

Has the tall man on the left been ordered by his wife to wear her sun hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dublin Airport reported to be much busier this morning, not at normal levels but a very steady flow of passengers in the airport.

2 friends of mine flew out this morning through T1 and said the queue at security was 10-15 mins and wasn't as busy as it would have been before March but still more than they expected to be there. But overall very steady flow of people arriving into the airport this morning.

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-departures

Lockdown part 2 imminent.

• Advertisement

shinzon wrote: »
    Sickening scenes at Dublin airport this morning on Ireland Am news. The amount of people flying out is worrying in the extreme.

The clear public health advice is no non essential travel off of the Island, yet Ireland be like. With the amount of imported cases on the rise this gets even more dangerous now.

Shin

50064436126_f1eab5a1d1_m.jpg

(picture is for illustrative purposes only not actually Dublin airport but near enough)

I have zero issues with folks flying out...

schmoo2k wrote: »

What about flying back???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

is pure scare mongering. i just seen a family emmbers picture from the gate in T1 and theres nobody near them, its empty.

What about flying back???

Have zero issues with folks who do not have Covid flying back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

(picture is for illustrative purposes only not actually Dublin airport but near enough)

Why use it then? It's certainly not illustrative of this mornings activity.

That was common knowledge last while, 1st July signaled a resumption of many services

schmoo2k wrote: »

Well when they come back and start spreading the virus again you may change your tune tbh. We have had already imported cases each family that flies out and back in again increases the chance of it spiking exponentially. Incredibly selfish of these people to risk throwing away all we have achieved in suppressing the virus and keeping the numbers low for a few weeks in the sun.

So yeah you bet I have a problem with people flying out when public health advice is to not to very very foolish.

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Shin

50064436126_f1eab5a1d1_m.jpg

Prehaps one of the most disingenuous posts I have seen on this site. Absolutely pathetic behaviour on your part.

Prehaps one of the most disingenuous posts I have seen on this site. Absolutely pathetic behaviour on your part.

Way to ignore completely the point and just Zero in on the picture but carry on I shall remove the pic from original post seens as thats all everyone is looking at and ignoring the post whose been disingenuous now.

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Meanwhile...two soldiers due to fly out to Lebanon tested positive. Rest of group in quarantine.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/un-peacekeeping-mission-to-lebanon-in-doubt-after-soldiers-test-positive-for-covid-19-1008487.html

Nice bit of balance. State an incorrect fact regarding something called "concentration" then correct themselves kinda.
    "The Irish Examiner understands the two soldiers are from the Dublin area, which has a very high concentration of confirmed cases.

However, analysis by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) and Maynooth University’s All-Island Research Observatory found one of the top 10 areas for transmission of the virus was in the 'Fermoy Urban Area'"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Very interesting article from someone without agenda. Well worth a read.

Speaks of silent lung damage observed. Sums up some of most important things we still don't know yet and why it's best to avoid if possible.

In the other thread we've had people argue that there are no long term effects. Evidence was shown and the argument became admirably pedantic as to what's actually long term and not long term. Shifting goal posts.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    is pure scare mongering. i just seen a family emmbers picture from the gate in T1 and theres nobody near them, its empty.

Its still nowhere near where it was but there is a very stready flow into the airport this morning.

The 2 I know that went this morning were on a flight to Madrid this morning and from the texts this morning there was high load on the flight.

Depends on the flight probably

Way to ignore completely the point and just Zero in on the picture but carry on I shall remove the pic from original post seens as thats all everyone is looking at and ignoring the post whose been disingenuous now.

Shin

You lied on your post and included a fake photo to further your lie.
    You can't make a point whilst blatantly misrepresenting the facts.

You lied on your post and included a fake photo to further your lie.
    You can't make a point whilst blatantly misrepresenting the facts.

Where did I lie I posted under the pic it was for illustrative purposes to clarify it actually wasnt Dublin airport but the rest of the post was and is factual. Unless your now saying that literally nobody flew out of Dublin airport this morning and it wasnt crowded and there isnt a risk of cases being imported coming back into Ireland which isnt true as we've already had that but again carry on.

Shin

Where did I lie I posted under the pic it was for illustrative purposes to clarify it actually wasnt Dublin airport but the rest of the post was and is factual.

Shin

'sickening scenes at Dublin airport this morning' you know bloody well what you were at posting that comment followed by the photo.
    So if the rest of your comment was factual which could only mean you had first hand knowledge of Dublin airport this morning why not post a genuine photo.
    I stand by my comment, pathetic disingenuous behaviour.
    PTD.
    Edit.
    I find 'ninja edits' also questionable. Thanks though you have confirmed to me and I'm guessing to some others that you and your comments are best ignored.

Where did I lie I posted under the pic it was for illustrative purposes to clarify it actually wasnt Dublin airport but the rest of the post was and is factual. Unless your now saying that literally nobody flew out of Dublin airport this morning and it wasnt crowded and there isnt a risk of cases being imported coming back into Ireland which isnt true as we've already had that but again carry on.

Shin

Sorry can I just ask why you sign off at the end of your posts?

Shin

Probably one of the most idiotic posts I’ve ever seen on boards

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For cases that are imported from travel, it would be good to know what the origin country was (we know of one cluster originating from Iraq for example).

The EU is opening up and be curious to see how many are coming from the countries in the green block and how many outside. The designated countries are, in theory, fairly safe. If it's within the designated block, then we'd expect to see similar problems across Europe.

'sickening scenes at Dublin airport this morning' you know bloody well what you were at posting that comment followed by the photo.
    So if the rest of your comment was factual which could only mean you had first hand knowledge of Dublin airport this morning why not post a genuine photo.
    I stand by my comment, pathetic disingenuous behaviour.
    PTD.

I was at nothing it was on the Ireland AM news this morning at 8am unless you want me sitting in front of the telly with a camera taking pictures. And yes it was sickening to blatantly ignore public health advice not to travel off of the island and put everything at risk that we have achieved in the last few months for a few weeks in the sun when we know theres a risk of importing cases as has already happened so I stand fully by what I have posted 100%

You still have a problem with that thats your own business

Shin

• Advertisement

Probably one of the most idiotic posts I’ve ever seen on boards

All I can do is laugh at this

Shin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement