Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    People acting like she's been ruined.

She's 24.

Shes wasted a year and in that year she has regressed as a character and a potential star. Shes been grossly mishandled.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

People acting like she's been ruined.

She's 24.

Swear this debate has happened at least twice already.

You only get so many goes at being a money drawing star, how many goes do you get? No idea, depends on the damage done by the failed run or runs. But the Charlotte feud has gone down as being one of the famous examples of politicking in modern wrestling and Rhea was the victim.

And of course no matter what Rhea Ripley will end her career with like 20 Women's Title reigns, that's not in question. The real question is if they can turn her into any kind of difference maker where it comes to ratings, being able to sell ppv packages ect.

Swear this debate has happened at least twice already.

You only get so many goes at being a money drawing star, how many goes do you get? No idea, depends on the damage done by the failed run or runs. But the Charlotte feud has gone down as being one of the famous examples of politicking in modern wrestling and Rhea was the victim.

And of course no matter what Rhea Ripley will end her career with like 20 Women's Title reigns, that's not in question. The real question is if they can turn her into any kind of difference maker where it comes to ratings, being able to sell ppv packages ect.

100 percent. Sure Rhea will get the title on Sunday, but will it mean as much as it could of had she got the big win last year? Not a chnace.

Last year was a big moment, she was hot, had momentum, facing a big star.

This year her feud is rushed, with no appeal to me as a fan and will mean much less because A she was damaged last year and has yet to really recover character wise, B shes taking on a lesser star in Asuka, who also has suffered similar to Rhea and C the whole feud/ build is nothing interesting.

Its like they could have made her last year, but didnt. Now they are half heartedly doing it again, but worse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well tbf, she did spend a large portion of this past year injured.

Agreed she should have beaten Charlotte last year, that match gave her no benefit whatsoever, the only way it worked was with Rhea winning and then moving up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just because she has deviated from the extremely strict path of success that a vocal minority of the internet want for her doesn't mean she's a failure.

People said the same stuff about Sasha for years. Pointless short reign after reign, "She's been wasted/mishandled." Oh look, she's main eventing Mania this weekend and starred in The Mandalorian.

Cream rises. Rhea will be a star despite the internet's moaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Just because she has deviated from the extremely strict path of success that a vocal minority of the internet want for her doesn't mean she's a failure.

People said the same stuff about Sasha for years. Pointless short reign after reign, "She's been wasted/mishandled." Oh look, she's main eventing Mania this weekend and starred in The Mandalorian.

Curious, what would criteria would you consider to be a success for her?

Sasha isnt in a tv show based off how WWE booked her.

Just because someone is wrestling in a Maina main event doesn't make her a star. Shes in a forgettable feud and shes done fcuk all since winning the belt. Its part of the reason its the worst Mania build.

If Becky or Ronda were available, Banks wouldn't be in the main event. If it was a one night PPV she wouldnt be main eventing.

Just out of curiosity... define a star by WWE

Hope that doednt vome across to confrontatuonal, smart.... it reads it but In not trying to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdYGfPhWDB/?igshid=afqvsp13bfzs

Becky is in tampa it seems and the message is interesting and not for what it actually says.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdYGfPhWDB/?igshid=afqvsp13bfzs

Becky is in tampa it seems and the message is interesting and not for what it actually says.
    Nothing
    Is
    Guaranteed
    Here
    Tonight
    Only
    Now
    Eternally

:D:D:D

Necro wrote: »
    Nothing
    Is
    Guaranteed
    Here
    Tonight
    Only
    Now
    Eternally

:D:D:D

When you work it out it’s not even subtle really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Wha da fcuk is a Nigh Tone ....

Honestly did take me a minute .....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Masterful trolling on her part though, that posts been seen, and now people are thinking what they're thinking.

Meanwhile, she's probably really sitting on a couch wherever in California she may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sirsok wrote: »
    Wha da fcuk is a Nigh Tone ....

Honestly did take me a minute .....

She's trying to get the right tone but she just keeps getting near to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    She's trying to get the right tone but she just keeps getting near to it.

It's hard to lose that baby weight I'm sure!

Her public profile seems to have increased again lately but no way would she spoil her actual return. My guess is she'll be back soon after Mania, but they may land her into night two to get a crowd reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

She's just really into Cesaro matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom Phillips is being replaced as RAW lead commentator by new signing former ESPN announcer Adnan Virk and Joe is being replaced by Graves.

The new RAW team is now Virk, Graves & Saxton.

Tom Phillips is being replaced as RAW lead commentator by new signing former ESPN announcer Adnan Virk and Joe is being replaced by Graves.

The new RAW team is now Virk, Graves & Saxton.

That explains why Tom Phillips was missing last night. Do we know what did he do to fall out of the good graces of Vince ? I liked Tom Phillips and maybe graves being away from Cole will help him get back to why I liked him in NXT and his early time on the main roster because by him being with Cole a lot hurts my opinion of him. Michael Cole needs to go away and maybe all the announcers won’t sound like clones of his awful commentary.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That explains why Tom Phillips was missing last night. Do we know what did he do to fall out of the good graces of Vince ? I liked Tom Phillips and maybe graves being away from Cole will help him get back to why I liked him in NXT and his early time on the main roster because by him being with Cole a lot hurts my opinion of him. Michael Cole needs to go away and maybe all the announcers won’t sound like clones of his awful commentary.

Cole isnt the problem.... those in his ear are.

WWE main roster commentators are all interchangely as they are over produced and feed the same ****.

Lance Storm pointing out on Twitter that all but one of the main roster champions are heels.

WWE Champion Heel
    Universal Champion Heel
    IC Champion Heel
    US Champion Heel
    Raw Tag Champions Heels
    SD Tag Champions Heels
    Women’s Tag Champions Heels
    Raw Women’s Champion Heel

SD Women’s Champion Face

Then twitter follows with

NXT Women’s Champion Heel
    NXT Champion Heel
    NXT North American Champion Heel
    NXT Cruiserweight Champion Heel

NXT Women's & Men's Tag Champions Face.

NXT UK Champion Heel
    NXT UK Tag Team Champions Heels
    NXT UK Women's Champion Heel

So only 3 Face champions in the whole organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lance Storm pointing out on Twitter that all but one of the main roster champions are heels.

WWE Champion Heel
    Universal Champion Heel
    IC Champion Heel
    US Champion Heel
    Raw Tag Champions Heels
    SD Tag Champions Heels
    Women’s Tag Champions Heels
    Raw Women’s Champion Heel

SD Women’s Champion Face

Then twitter follows with

NXT Women’s Champion Heel
    NXT Champion Heel
    NXT North American Champion Heel
    NXT Cruiserweight Champion Heel

NXT Women's & Men's Tag Champions Face.

NXT UK Champion Heel
    NXT UK Tag Team Champions Heels
    NXT UK Women's Champion Heel

So only 3 Face champions in the whole organization.

Is Kross a heel? Id call him a tweener at least. He's one of the only people on the entire roster who would get a genuine pop from me whatever that's worth.

Mad stat all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not surprised at that stat. They can’t build faces.

MLW have been in talks to get a streaming deal with Discovery the WWE were also in talks with Discovery before signing with Peacock.

It has me wondering are the WWE considering moving the Network to Discovery+ worldwide if the money was right as that platform is already up and running worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Raquel González feel like a face champion to me, maybe a tweener, but that promo on NXT seemed like a face promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Raquel González feel like a face champion to me, maybe a tweener, but that promo on NXT seemed like a face promo.

I never bought her as a heel anyway, always felt she had top face potential.

MLW have been in talks to get a streaming deal with Discovery the WWE were also in talks with Discovery before signing with Peacock.

It has me wondering are the WWE considering moving the Network to Discovery+ worldwide if the money was right as that platform is already up and running worldwide.

Well the deal in the US is with Peacock so thier US network will be staying there.

Discovery could take up the european side. They have championship soccer as well as all their reality shows.

But realisticly it could end up anywhere. Currently in Europe theirs netflix, amazon, apple, disney, discovery, now tv.... loads of options. Peacock dont seem to be making a service worldwide and are selling their content to different platforms.

I wouldnt be surprised if wwe sell the rights to PPVs a platform here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mike Bennett And Maria Kanellis sign with Ring Of Honor

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mike Bennett And Maria Kanellis sign with Ring Of Honor

A bit underwhelming to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They've been appearing there on episodes I've seen and think Maria was at the last PPV?

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/4/15/22386055/wwe-releases-roster-cut-list-billie-kay-mickie-james-tucker-kalisto-wesley-blake-chelsea-green

WWE releases.... Samoa Joe the biggest name

Some odd releases. Chelsea Green tossed aside with not much of a chance. What a waste.

Kalisto was a big missed opportunity

Likes of Blake, Tucker and Bo Dallas is fair enough.

Billie Kay was awful in ring but decent as a character.

Yet Tamina remains.... go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/4/15/22386055/wwe-releases-roster-cut-list-billie-kay-mickie-james-tucker-kalisto-wesley-blake-chelsea-green

WWE releases.... Samoa Joe the biggest name

Some odd releases. Chelsea Green tossed aside with not much of a chance. What a waste.

Kalisto was a big missed opportunity

Likes of Blake, Tucker and Bo Dallas is fair enough.

Billie Kay was awful in ring but decent as a character.

Yet Tamina remains.... go figure

Mojo Rawley has been released too.

Advertisement