Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wish Game of Thrones did.

Was gonna use that as an example except my version would've been after all the setup and hints,
    Robb manages to protect himself and his people at the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 60,431 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The WWE has signed a partnership with The Game Show Network and the Miz & Maryse’s production company in the States to make gameshows with WWE talent as hosts.

Next weeks MLW might have a match of the year contender on it as Tankman goes up against Jacob Fatu for the title.

I was very disappointed with Fatu & Tankman.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian Cage was on the latest episode of the Talk Is Jericho podcast. He and his long-time friend Chris Jericho discussed Cage’s journey back to the ring and to AEW. Cage explained his process in getting cleared to compete.

“Adam (Edge) got cleared. I know it’s a different injury, but he never thought he was gonna be able to come back,” Cage pointed out. “Who’s to say they won’t clear me at this point in time? It’s been seven years. I made my own appointments, and just went on my own and figured, if I go, they tell me they think I can do this, then I’ve opened up doors, and if they say no, you should probably stay retired, then I’m in no different situation than I was when I woke up in the morning...............

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/christian-cage-on-why-wwe-called-him-for-the-royal-rumble-thunderdome-fan-reactions/

Ospreay offers Punk a NJPW title match.

”Before I was the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, a man who sparked a whole industry of getting the wrestling world interested in, named CM Punk, was interested in facing Will Ospreay.”

“Well now I have the biggest prize in pro wrestling, so if you really are wanting to prove to yourself that you’re the best in the world, come over to here[pointing at the title] and come and take this.”

That might be tempting enough to bring him back for a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

.... That might be tempting enough to bring him back for a match.

That and the million or so NJPW would pay him

MV5BMjEyNjkzNWItOTMxNy00OTk2LTkzNDktOWViYjYyZjE1NTlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Zack Ryder interview (Source: https://cultaholic.com/posts/matt-cardona-talks-differences-between-wwe-and-aew )
    “One time I was told - I was having a match before RAW, Main Event, or Superstars, or whatever it’s called. And my producer told me I couldn’t do a baseball slide to the floor because Ronda Rousey was doing it like two hours later on RAW.” said Cardona. “I can understand if you’re saying I can’t put Mike Kanellis through the announce table on Main Event. OK I get it. But I can’t do a baseball slide?! We’re talking about a baseball slide here! Because Ronda Rousey is doing a baseball slide? You think anybody is thinking in the arena, ‘Oh, Zack Ryder did that baseball slide two hours ago’? Like, come on!”

Man you really are either chosen to get over or stay a nobody in WWE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Zack Ryder interview (Source: https://cultaholic.com/posts/matt-cardona-talks-differences-between-wwe-and-aew )

Man you really are either chosen to get over or stay a nobody in WWE.

In fairness Ryder has been shown to be an one trick pony. AEW didn’t want him and he will be destined to be stuck in midcard impact hell.

Still doesn’t make the ruling any less bat sh!t crazy. It’d have more impact if Rick O’Shea said it and not Zack Ryder.

The Zack Ryder hate is strong in Loughc :)

Will have to watch and see if anybody else does a headlock the same night Orton has a match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Loughc wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sheltyb803/status/1378036211172978701?s=21

Not just me that feels this way. Fair play for him to call it out. Looking forward to seeing Shelton getting stuck with his big mamma gimmick again.

To be fair this tweet incredibly blurs the lines between real life and the show

If you follow Chelsea Green and Mickie James on Twitter, then you have probably noticed that they have crafted a storyline that is based on a stalker angle from the mid-2000s.

In 2006, Mickie James played the role of Trish Stratus’ stalker and the story paid off at WrestleMania 22. In this case, Green has been obsessed with Mickie James while James appears to be ignoring her so James is essentially in the Stratus role.

YouTube have deleted Joey Ryan's channel which had 600k+ followers so would have been a nice earner for him and the 5th biggest wrestling channel on YouTube ahead of AAA, NJPW & ROH.

Copyright claims were put against it from other wrestlers and wrestling companies saying he did not have permission to use their material or likeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Seth Rollins trash talking the hardcore WWE fans that actually buy tickets to attend their shows is certainly a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Rollins talks a lot of crap. Dump him Becky!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love how much he rattles a certain section of online fans.

He was saying that he was done with Twitter but Becky told him to get back on it for his character.

I love how much he rattles a certain section of online fans.

He was saying that he was done with Twitter but Becky told him to get back on it for his character.

I don't think anyone is rattled. But it does speak to how out of the loop WWE is with their audience (along with the Edge quotes last week). If their most hardcore ticket buying fans tell them something sucks, then it's probably worth listening.

I don't think anyone is rattled. But it does speak to how out of the loop WWE is with their audience (along with the Edge quotes last week). If their most hardcore ticket buying fans tell them something sucks, then it's probably worth listening.

They are though.

Ever since his dumb interaction with that gowl Ospreay, certain sections of the internet jump on anything he says and tangle his words until they can get outraged about him. It's a little pathetic.

????? :confused:

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ????? :confused:

Edge went on a modern wrestling rant thing which, maybe would've sounded better if he hadn't bombed the ratings/had his best matches not all been stuntfests.

They are though.

Ever since his dumb interaction with that gowl Ospreay, certain sections of the internet jump on anything he says and tangle his words until they can get outraged about him. It's a little pathetic.

Who is? Dude's just a complete dweeb, but his comments about his own company's fans was pretty hilarious in a schadenfreude sorta way.

The Rainmaker running with the Olympic Torch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNUSqGNhpN6/

Becky back in the "Not too distant future"...
    "Ronda is going to be coming back at a certain point in time. Becky Lynch, she just had her first baby, she will be coming back at a certain point in time in the not too distant future," said WWE President Nick Khan in an interview with Colin Cowherd.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/wwe-president-nick-khan-becky-lynch-and-ronda-rousey-will-return-not-too-distant-future?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful%20Wrestling%20News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hearing a lot of people clamouring for Bayley to do a Ding-Dong Hello segment with Becky returning. Don't think there's a need for Becky to return so quickly in my opinion, the women's division is a bit of a mess at the moment. Think they should get it in better order and let her take her time returning.

Wouldn't be the first time they just spin their wheels while they wait for someone to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think Becky should take her time coming back because the old saying “how can I miss you, if you won’t go away.” And as much as I’m a fan of Becky for many reasons, I do think had she not gotten pregnant and had to take time away, she was getting stale and getting like Charlotte in that fans were getting sick of seeing them on screen. What’s fresh is new.

At this moment in time Rhea Ripley should be the face of the Women's division, but of course, WWE...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

At this moment in time Rhea Ripley should be the face of the Women's division, but of course, WWE...

They had a chance to strap a rocket to her last year, but ....WWE gotta put Flair over.

What good has the last year done Rhea? Shes gone backwards through no fault of her own.

• Advertisement

People acting like she's been ruined.

She's 24.

Advertisement