Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

It's not trolling, there was a golf club in the south which had a function before Christmas, one of the members got the virus at the function and unfortunately passed away.

I am not going to name specific clubs or incidents. I think that is inappropriate. There are more then a few.

Well I seen an article saying that someone got Covid in a park and died, we should close down all parks indefinitely.

Some logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Folks anyone know of any golf courses open to non members in the Dublin/Kildare area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I am trying to explain to you why the 2 household rule is there and also how it is possible to get golfers around a course efficiently in 2 balls but to be honest you don't seem to be interested in any explanations.

No golf club will lose members, the experience worldwide and in Ireland too is that golf is going through it's biggest boom ever with players flocking to clubs.

I also have never said that golf isn't safe. It is, but as NPHET have stated they are worried about activities around sport. Don't you think if clubs were willing to show that they would put in measures to mitigate against these that we might have been back to playing sooner?

Why not take a little paired back version to get to play sooner? Is really no competitions and 2 balls only that harsh? Would golfers have accepted 2 balls only, no competitions and no travelling beyond 5ks back in January if it meant they could play?

To be honest you sound like you work for are NPHET and are struggling to defend terrible decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

It's not trolling, there was a golf club in the south which had a function before Christmas, one of the members got the virus at the function and unfortunately passed away.

I am not going to name specific clubs or incidents. I think that is inappropriate. There are more then a few.

That’s not golf though.
    That’s why pubs are closed. No one is saying that the clubhouse/bar should be open, they just want to be playing golf in a very large field.
    I’ve seen the excuses about people saying the 5 km shouldn’t be extended because a person could stop at a shop on their way and get a coffee.

All a load of rubbish. Ban the sale of takeaway coffee if it’s a problem

I think people are questioning NPHET more now and are realising that a lot of the decisions don’t make sense. The science doesn’t support it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭blue note

I think people are questioning NPHET more now and are realising that a lot of the decisions don’t make sense. The science doesn’t support it either.

The last week has been cold - are we back in December? Because this is exactly what happened then!

blue note wrote: »
    The last week has been cold - are we back in December? Because this is exactly what happened then!

What they opened up golf courses and Covid spread through them?
    Or all the cases spread through outdoor activities?

They are the points I’m making, I don’t know where you are trying to go with this?

December was from all the indoor gatherings. No one will dispute this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

The science is correct as has been pointed out numerous times. Restrict contact and movement of people for essential purposes only to prevent community outbreaks.

People are questioning policy based upon risk.

one of my clubs has emailed
    2 balls only for most of the day with provisions for 3-4 balls in the evenings but must be booked through pro shop
    9 holes only
    4 bookings per member per week, only one at the weekend
    no mention of competition
    will be reviewed 9th may

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭higster

From mine...

Tee sheets will open 7 days in advance to members only at 9PM. The below restrictions will be put in place to adhere to Government & Golf Ireland Guidelines

· All golf will be casual golf, there will be no competitions during the initial return to golf phase
    · Tee times between 7.30am & 12.00 are restricted to 2 balls every 8 minutes from 2 different households. We would recommend that members from the same household play together where possible.
    · All bookings can be made via online at https://www.xxxx or by using the Golf Club app.
    · If you are having difficulty, please call the Golf shop & a members of the golf team will be delighted to assist
    · Tee times between 12.10 & 20.00 are restricted to 2/3 balls every 10 minutes from 2 different households.
    · A 3rd player can be added by calling or emailing the Golf shop & a member of the golf team will add the 3rd player in accordance with government & golf Ireland return to play guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Seve OB wrote: »
    one of my clubs has emailed
    2 balls only for most of the day with provisions for 3-4 balls in the evenings but must be booked through pro shop
    9 holes only
    4 bookings per member per week, only one at the weekend
    no mention of competition
    will be reviewed 9th may

elmgreen the same

also advise to use a computer when tee time opens cause chronogolf is absolute dog ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Utterly idiotic rules. None of which will keep anyone safer than what they already are. We really are a bunch of cowardly sheep that accept any old rubbish in this country. Infuriating.

elmgreen the same

also advise to use a computer when tee time opens cause chronogolf is absolute dog ****e

yes forgot to add that bit about chronograph :D
    also no mention of qualifying scores being allowed/sign in on computer etc. as i said, they didn't mention competition at all
    they previously insisted that the computer in shop had to be used to enter scores, i had pestered them before about using the how did i do app, but they weren't for moving and i don't know why.
    i'll be at them again this time around if i see them update about posting scores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Rubbish. That has nothing to do with playing golf. Have you any other data or examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

h2005 wrote: »
    Rubbish. That has nothing to do with playing golf. Have you any other data or examples?

Agreed. Absolute tripe. "My wife's cousin's hairdresser's dog's best friend caught the covid from a rabid golfball blah blah blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

Are driving ranges allowed to open on 26th?

OEP wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

I hope that there will be some reductions in green fees for the more high end golf courses now that USA have been added to the quarantine list. Maybe August and September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭willabur

manster wrote: »
    I hope that there will be some reductions in green fees for the more high end golf courses now that USA have been added to the quarantine list. Maybe August and September.

GUI rates accepted at tralee til end of July then they expect the yanks to come in. Fees back up to 240 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

willabur wrote: »
    GUI rates accepted at tralee til end of July then they expect the yanks to come in. Fees back up to 240 or so

How much is the GUI rate? Do they have open comps in Tralee usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

OEP wrote: »

Yes, my club have said they are opening theirs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭willabur

110-130

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

2 weeks guys......

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

They have scratch cups there every year

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

NPHED & GUI missed the big opportunity to eradicate slow play ..... should be minimum 4 Balls ... your on the clock ... in golf club car park 5 mins before your tee time and must be gone from car park in 4hrs.... you have to walk in off the course no matter what hole your on at 3hrs 55min... 3hrs 30 for 3 balls , 3 15 for 2balls .... 1 balls go cold water swimming.. better for your head 🀣....

No searching for balls ... drop approximately where other 3 players think is fairly close to landing area!
    Ready golf .... players who finish rounds on or before allotted time get preferential tee times... slow joes at the back of the list ....... now where’s me feckn dryrobeðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Still head scratchingly ridiculous that we can't play from tomorrow, but hey ho, on and on we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Driving ranges in the North open from tomorrow if anyone in the border counties fancied a trip.

Driving ranges in the North open from tomorrow if anyone in the border counties fancied a trip.

They've been open since the 1st, I was up last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Does the Golf fitting centres open along the lines of retail as I know they are not open from the 26th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are clubs accepting green fees in few weeks or is it just members only?

I’m joined to a club but tempted to give Tralee or Killarney a go if got chance

Advertisement