Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

ruwithme wrote: »
    Will be a grant along in the near future to deal with some off the cost of disposal I'd guess.

That’s what I’d be hoping, roof is ok at this stage, but just aware of the ticking time bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭einn32

C0N0R wrote: »
    That’s what I’d be hoping, roof is ok at this stage, but just aware of the ticking time bomb.

If it is in good condition then leave it alone. If it starts to collapse and break apart then you have issues. It's much easier and safer to remove in good condition obviously but it's an expensive exercise to remove them. Get a quote off a asbestos removal company maybe. Is it corrugated sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

einn32 wrote: »
    If it is in good condition then leave it alone. If it starts to collapse and break apart then you have issues. It's much easier and safer to remove in good condition obviously but it's an expensive exercise to remove them. Get a quote off a asbestos removal company maybe. Is it corrugated sheet?

Yes corrugated sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 18,497 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

C0N0R wrote: »
    Quick question, have a 7 bay double slatted shed built in the 80's at home and the roof is asbestos, what's my options for replacing the roof? And what's the likely cost of getting the sheeting removed and disposed of correctly?

I wonder how your shed insurance covers this.
    Like if there was a bad storm amd the roof got damaged, would the insurance cover proper removal, disposal and replacement ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Odelay wrote: »
    I must have been out of school that day. How does it revert back to subsoil so quickly?

Believe it or not it was in my Green cert I first came across that nugget all those years ago.
    Topsoil is formed from subsoil, from the underlying rock.
    Take away the elements, roots, and organic matter sources, and the life will die out of it and it will revert back to subsoil. Easily tested and proven with a spade.
    All depends on the original quality and what it's wanted for then if it's worth any more than gravel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,138 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Note to self.

If you see a helicopter hovering in the countryside, don't go and investigate.

Big eejit here heard a heli when finished milking and then could see the thing when shutting in the cows. Decided then as I was shutting in the cows in the duster and on the road that a few miles away wouldn't be too much trouble.
    On closer inspection it looked a fine white helicopter. On closer inspection again I copped it was an Garda Siochana.
    Drugs, robbery, who knows. Squad cars and detectives combing the area and me driving aimlessly in my blacked out duster into the middle of them.
    Passed a few cars where they seemingly made an arrest of some young lad.

Another day in Wexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Note to self.

If you see a helicopter hovering in the countryside, don't go and investigate.

Big eejit here heard a heli when finished milking and then could see the thing when shutting in the cows. Decided then as I was shutting in the cows in the duster and on the road that a few miles away wouldn't be too much trouble.
    On closer inspection it looked a fine white helicopter. On closer inspection again I copped it was an Garda Siochana.
    Drugs, robbery, who knows. Squad cars and detectives combing the area and me driving aimlessly in my blacked out duster into the middle of them.
    Passed a few cars where they seemingly made an arrest of some young lad.

Another day in Wexico.

Jeez you've little to be at.....

whelan2 wrote: »

I could have been held up on the road by whoever the guards were after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Maybe you slowed down the arrested, and aided in them getting caught.
    You may have done a good deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Not a hope they would hold up a dacia, no drug dealer would go around in one of those!

• Advertisement

On the radio it was reported gardai were searching for two men (non nationals) who were involved in an armed raid on a shop in ferns yesterday morning and an attempted burglary in the area where that helicopter was this morning.
    A landowner (I probably know who ) verbally abused the gardai reported on the radio. I saw a farmer in a field of sheep with the heli overhead. Probably him.
    And another young man was arrested on scene for something totally different than all this.

All from southeast radio.

The Garda helicopter never entered my head. Not for this area anyway. I thought it was search and rescue or a private helicopter.

I may stay home now..

Bullocks wrote: »
    Not a hope they would hold up a dacia, no drug dealer would go around in one of those!

Years ago my sister had her car stolen from the yard here.
    A tallaght gang were attempting a night time robbery on the village shop when they were rudely interupted by the locals coming out of the pub.
    They took to the fields and this was the first yard they came into.
    Two cars in the yard. A locked micra and a sierra with the keys in the ignition. They took the micra.
    Guards were patrolling the roads and met the micra a mile away and put no pass on it.
    Micra was found weeks later burnt out in tallaght.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Maybe you slowed down the arrested, and aided in them getting caught.
    You may have done a good deed.

Nope I'm staying at home from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Failed the NCT today but the list wasn’t as bad as mechanic said so I’ll go to a different lad altogether and see what can be done.

Went for my long run today. Was at 32km and a neighbour stopped to ask about another neighbour and I couldn’t restart so had to walk 4km home.

A neighbour passed away- he was 89 and had a stroke years ago. He outlived his sisters by years.

I am now the last survivor of a road trip to the 1996 ploughing championships to Carlow. My dad in the passenger seat, and two neighbours who were brothers in law. That man that died had a brand new peaugot 106 and nearly lost his wing mirror to a big jeep trying to come up the hard shoulder. Things were getting fairly heated.

My mother is now the oldest person in the town land.

Failed the NCT today but the list wasn’t as bad as mechanic said so I’ll go to a different lad altogether and see what can be done.

Went for my long run today. Was at 32km and a neighbour stopped to ask about another neighbour and I couldn’t restart so had to walk 4km home.

A neighbour passed away- he was 89 and had a stroke years ago. He outlived his sisters by years.

I am now the last survivor of a road trip to the 1996 ploughing championships to Carlow. My dad in the passenger seat, and two neighbours who were brothers in law. That man that died had a brand new peaugot 106 and nearly lost his wing mirror to a big jeep trying to come up the hard shoulder. Things were getting fairly heated.

My mother is now the oldest person in the town land.

Eldest lad did a 5k time trial today downhill 16.34. A cow stood on his foot this evening so he won't be going too far tomorrow

Rachel Blackmore and Henry de Bromhead win again.
    This time the English grand national.

Some achievement. Some year!

Even though he's a Waterford trainer I'm claiming it's the wexford soil. The lorry regularly passes the door here schooling horses.

Great combination. Brilliant year.

Eldest lad did a 5k time trial today downhill 16.34. A cow stood on his foot this evening so he won't be going too far tomorrow

That’s some pace. He would have a 10 done while I’d be finishing the 5km

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That’s some pace. He would have a 10 done while I’d be finishing the 5km

Same as myself

Reggie. wrote: »
    Same as myself

We do have a few years on him though and in my case a few kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Rachel Blackmore and Henry de Bromhead win again.
    This time the English grand national.

Some achievement. Some year!

Even though he's a Waterford trainer I'm claiming it's the wexford soil. The lorry regularly passes the door here schooling horses.

Great combination. Brilliant year.
    It's great to see and I'm delighted for her. I rode short for a bit when I was younger but you'd need nerves of steel going over fences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Same as myself

Youth Reggie, they don't need to train

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

We do have a few years on him though and in my case a few kg.

I have both

I have both

:D

Base price wrote: »
    It's great to see and I'm delighted for her. I rode short for a bit when I was younger but you'd need nerves of steel going over fences.

A relation works for de Bromhead, says it's a busy spot, he was horse mad and work shy. parents built a walker, stables and a gallop on the home farm for him and he never bothered.
    Amazing the way some people won't work for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

wrangler wrote: »
    A relation works for de Bromhead, says it's a busy spot, he was horse mad and work shy. parents built a walker, stables and a gallop on the home farm for him and he never bothered.
    Amazing the way some people won't work for themselves
    That's the mistake they made, they spoilt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

One thing I'd love to learn to do is to build a shed. The concrete and girders confuse me. How do you actually know how deep the girder goes into the ground if the ground isn't completely level all over?

Similarly for the concrete, seems like it's easy to go wrong.

Am I wrong? :pac:

Yippee I'm getting my vaccine next wednesday :D:D:D:D

wrangler wrote: »
    Yippee I'm getting my vaccine next wednesday :D:D:D:D

My mother getting it next week too. My dad got his first go last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Base price wrote: »
    That's the mistake they made, they spoilt him.

Snowflake generation ....

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Got the haircut today, dont know myself after it look and feel like a new man altogether. Grand ro get out and have a chat with someone ye wouldnt have seen in a long time either as well.

Better living everyone

Advertisement