Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 members of family found dead in Cavan - NO SPECULATION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Shocking. Incomprehensible to most of us. Truly awful. Mental illness is a c**t.

RIP all 5 and may their families and neighbours get the strength to be able to cope with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    That really is disgusting. The use of the word 'deranged' is so upsetting.
    It's far too early for anyone to know what happened in that house, the reasons behind it.
    Anything to sell papers and make money though, no matter the truth.

I posted the same thing on twitter and getting slated about it,some people are fcuked up..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

eviltwin wrote: »
    What could possibly be going on in his mind that he would do that. Those poor kids, they must have been terrified.

We don't know who did it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Suckler

Carnacalla wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/live-updates-family-five-including-8729278

Live updates here, if you wish to read them.

I find they release too many personal details too soon.

Live updates. As if this is something that requires instant updates. Unbelievably crass and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rjpf1980

We don't know who did it yet.

Exactly. We only know 5 are dead. RIP. The families of the dead should be left alone to grieve. The media salivate over horror stories like this. Some hack is already thinking of writing a book I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

That is disgusting what a rag

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That Sun headline. Wouldn't expect any better.

A horrible tragedy, RIP.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Also, thoughts with the Gardaí & emergency services personnel who had to confront the scene in that house. Incomprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Puts a lot into perspective when something like this happens. R.I.P. to all the victims :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

And The Scum knows full well how hideous this kinda stuff ("Deranged" in the headline) and "live updates" :mad: :rolleyes: is, but it doesn't care - even if sued, it wouldn't pay them not to indulge in that kinda shamelessness (and of course people will lap it up, so they're nearly as bad).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Mod edit- Details haven't been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The redtop rag the sun butcher the headline
    rjpf1980 wrote: »
    The Sun are absolute scum. The family have to see that headline in the local shops? Somebody should go into the Irish Sun office and kick the living sh*t out of whoever wrote that. Journalists are absolute filth. I want to vomit. Do these people have any f*cking decency or cop on?

Don't know why people even link to them on here, better to just ignore them instead of spreading their links anywhere.

SCUM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

<snip>

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

<snip>
    Nothing has been confirmed yet, Gardai have only said it looks like a murder suicide. The Sun just made the rest up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rjpf1980

<snip>

Have some f*cking decency. The families of the dead could read this.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

RIP. A truly terrible tragedy.

I don't buy/read the Sun, but if I did, I'd stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lol at people complaining about the coverage by the Sun including "live updates" in an AH thread started a scant few hours after the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The redtop rag the sun butcher the headline http://spr.ly/6189B4JNW
    Disgusting newspaper.
    May they all rest in peace. so, so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

<snip>

Who are you or any of us to judge? Especially without knowing the circumstances?

On the basis that this is not a normal rationale situation, it's best not to judge. Mental health is very very complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Lol at people complaining about the coverage by the Sun including "live updates" in an AH thread started a scant few hours after the incident.

Fair point, really

I don't see what purpose these sorts of threads serve myself in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Like others, I am thinking of those that met their end in what seems like unthinkable circumstances, the poor relatives left behind, the emergency services, and the pupils of the national school whose innocence has also been shattered forever following this tragedy.

This week should be full of excitement and optimism for school children and I can't imagine how I would deal with my own kids finding out that such a thing as this act exists and that it can be carried out by people you know. It's a f***ing nightmare for the entire community.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

<snip>

Nice thoughtful post.

There is no such thing as evil.

What else could turn a normal person who is active in the local community to do this but mental health issues.

Not the first time it happened and won't be the last.

Very sad case no need for the macho bar stool dramatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dozyart wrote: »
    How do you know that's what happened??

I don't but that's just my take on it.

Either way, no matter what happened it was horrific for those killed, I'm sure you agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

I don't know. I feel inclined towards being angry towards the perpetrator in these cases. Strangers who murder are often also mentally ill and yet we would be allowed feel anger if some stranger broke in and slaughtered a family. In these cases, there is a subtle innuendo that this is a private tragic affair. It's not, in my opinion. The perpetrator did not somehow ''own'' the victims, in a way that could make it less than savage murder by stranger. I feel as angry about people who kill their families as I feel about people who kill people to whom they are not related. That's just how I feel. I started feeling this way towards these family murderers after Christopher Crowley shot his little girl, Deirdre, mercilessly, upon being tracked down. There is something insidiously evil in this subtle sense of 'ownership' of another humans life. I do not mean to offend.

<snip>

Your comment is just as bad as the suns take, then you have the neck to ask if anyone knows the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I don't but that's just my take on it.

it's terrible enough without people adding their own slant to it,although a career in headline writing might not by far away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

You're dead right. Just because a murder is committed by a family member does not mean it should be treated with any less outrage or that the murderer should be given any sort of understanding. In my eyes murder is murder is evil.

lawlolawl wrote: »

Yet you post about it..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Musketeer4 wrote: »
    You're dead right. Just because a murder is committed by a family member does not mean it should be treated with any less outrage or that the murderer should be given any sort of understanding. In my eyes murder is murder is evil.

If someone commits suicide, do they deserve any sort of understanding in your book ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

eamonnq wrote: »
    Don't know why people even link to them on here, better to just ignore them instead of spreading their links anywhere.

SCUM

Archiving sites are your friend, at least that way trashy news sites don't get any extra clicks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement