Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Heartbreak for Denver, especially after that block from Murray. Watching it back I've no idea what Plumlee's doing calling for a switch on AD as soon as he starts running away

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1307864617171873794?s=20

Complete breakdown defensively, with Plumlee mostly at fault. Shocking that a player can make a unimpeded cut to get a completely open shot like that withoit getting bumped, having to go around a screen, anything....just shocking. Don't know was that a called defensive rotation/play from Malone or just a brain fart from Plumlee but either way, terrible result for Denver.

Lakers looked clueless offensively for the last 5mins or so, worrying if you're them. If Denver tied this at 1-1 last night, who knows? Now though it's going to be very hard to recover.

I do think it's (as in the Finals) all set up for them to lose it now, they have to be strong favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,014 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Honestly think Davis saved them a couple of games in this series with that dagger, but they have a general match up advantage here. Took the foot off the gas a bit at halftime but I feel they’d prevail in 5 or 6 either way.

The Lakers are rightly favourites at this stage. They are the form team, seem reasonably well balanced over the past 12 games and have LeBron. It’s never easy to win a finals but they’ve created a great opportunity...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Lakers are strong favourites, there's a lot of inexperience remaining in the Playoffs, none of the top players on any remaining team bar the Lakers has even made a Final. Literally the only 2 non-Lakers to have made the Finals are Iguodala and Udonis Haslem (lol). In contrast LA obviously have LeBron, but then they've also got McGee, Dwight, Green, Rondo, and JR who all know what it's like to be there.

Yeah Lakers are strong favourites, there's a lot of inexperience remaining in the Playoffs, none of the top players on any remaining team bar the Lakers has even made a Final. Literally the only 2 non-Lakers to have made the Finals are Iguodala and Udonis Haslem (lol). In contrast LA obviously have LeBron, but then they've also got McGee, Dwight, Green, Rondo, and JR who all know what it's like to be there.

I was only thinking about this at the weekend, JR Smith could have 2 rings. JR SMITH!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,258 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that's all fine be but the star of the playoffs to this point is a guy with very little experience in them and that's Jimmy Butler.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well that's all fine be but the star of the playoffs to this point is a guy with very little experience in them and that's Jimmy Butler.

Very little experience...!? He went seven with the eventual champions last year? He now has 67 playoff games under his belt. Also...as good has he and the Heat have been relative to expectations, he’s not the “star” of the playoffs.

This is a mad post!! :)

As usual US media going crazy over a lakers win. You’d swear they won it all on a 3 pointer with 5 guys hanging off him. That’s about as wide open as you’ll get for a game winner.

Serious over-reaction and exaggeration.

:rolleyes:

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Very little experience...!? He went seven with the eventual champions last year? He now has 67 playoff games under his belt. Also...as good has he and the Heat have been relative to expectations, he’s not the “star†of the playoffs.

This is a mad post!!
    He is far and away the playoffs mvp to this point.
    Obviously you haven't been watching or you wouldn't disagree

Aha!!

At least you’ve dropped the claim that he doesn’t have much playoff experience. I’ll take it!

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    At least you’ve dropped the claim that he doesn’t have much playoff experience. I’ll take it!
    Name the last time he played in a conference championship game before this season.

• Advertisement

Have been meaning to say this for a while, but Richard Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins talk some amount of shoyte as "analysts".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

butler has been amazing but jokic is surely the favourite for mvp at this moment in time ? far and away is pretty harsh on jokic, its pretty harsh on jamal murray too i think.

I see there's no sign of a reply from Lucky Lloyd to my question. Well the answer is he never played in a conference finals before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lakers get themselves back in the game after being down by 20 and realistically fingers should be pointed at LeBron and how he was handling the ball in the last minutes, aimless dribbling and running time off the clock when they were down. Don't know why the Lakers went away from driving to the basket.

That said Lakers were never fully engaged in this game and it would have been criminal for the Nuggets to lose it. 3-0 and it was over, they'll take the game but will be kicking themselves that they're not up 2-1.

I see there's no sign of a reply from Lucky Lloyd to my question. Well the answer is he never played in a conference finals before.

Your contention was he had no experience in the playoffs. Nice move of the goalposts though.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Your contention was he had no experience in the playoffs. Nice move of the goalposts though.
    He's only ever made it past the first round once in his career before this season. He's never been in the clutch situations before.
    There's no moving the goalposts on my part.
    All that's went on here is you googling stuff to try look like you know something when you don't. My point stands strong as regards Jimmy Butler's playoff experience. First conference finals and it was only his second time in the conference semifinals.

FFS Boston.

Nice game from the rookie, 37 in the conf finals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,891 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Perfect example of a game of two halves from Taytum

Both teams looked jaded in the first half of that game last night.
    Boston in trouble now.

• Advertisement

The big thing with Miami is staying out of foul trouble in most of their games and them being very aggressive going to the basket in the final quarter. They can afford to take an offensive foul for every 2.5 they get from the other team. It's very smart and it's working for them almost every game.
    Butler has been awesome, Herro is getting better as the playoffs progress. They can do this and it'd be great to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

The big thing with Miami is staying out of foul trouble in most of their games and them being very aggressive going to the basket in the final quarter. They can afford to take an offensive foul for every 2.5 they get from the other team. It's very smart and it's working for them almost every game.
    Butler has been awesome, Herro is getting better as the playoffs progress. They can do this and it'd be great to see it.

is there any updates on adebayo's wrist injury ? miami as a unit have been nothing short of brilliant throughout these playoffs, herro playing like a 10 year vet has been crazy. also felt like all 4 teams left have looked tired last 2 games, feel the lakers have to win tonight or they could be in trouble this nuggets teams doesnt just go away.

Nice little effort from Denver there but the Lakers kept their noses ahead the whole time. Good D from the King on Murray in the 4th and Rondo with nice contributions as they mattered. It is once again very difficult to see Denver turning it around but we said that last series!

Davis’s ankle could be a concern...chink of light for Denver

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

FFS Boston.

Nice game from the rookie, 37 in the conf finals.....

FFS is right, I was going to stay up to watch this the other night, glad I didn't as 04.30 finish as well as the first half performance, etc. And yes, Mr Herro is a bloody hero alright, albeit a pleasure to watch.

Just watched last night's game. Boston finally woke up, looked a completely different team.
    Tatum, Theis, Brown and Smart were great, Walker very good too. They shut down Herro. Third quarter was just insane. Huge game Sunday now.
    They shut down the three which has been a strength all season. If they can do that Sunday we'll have a game 7.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Davis’s ankle could be a concern...chink of light for Denver
    That chink of light is gone, he's starting.

Pretty easy closeout for the Lakers, fell asleep for a bit but got it back together second half of the 4th. The injury to Murray really shouldn't be used as an excuse, they never looked like winning this one.

LeBron makes it to the finals for a10th time, from a third team, from both conferences. He took over the 4th tonight to seal it.

I noted at the outset that the matchup for Denver was bad and we also have to account for the long and emotionally sapping journey they had to get this far. It’s been an immense playoffs for them, and Jokic and Murray have been stars throughout. But they were outmatched in this series.

Lakers get to rest up now and see what happens tonight. No harm from their perspective for it to go 7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LeBron is the GOAT NBA team player.
    You can't change my mind.

Advertisement