Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

What 4k content is available at the moment?

- The Rook - 8 Episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - The Rook - 8 Episodes.

I think I'll pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Clitheroekid

I have received an offer regarding this new product,is it possible to get it for tv only

I have received an offer regarding this new product,is it possible to get it for tv only

- No. You need Broadband for it to work fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Can you use the power cord supplied straight to the box or do you have to use the big adaptor yoke in between like with the horizon box.Thanks.

• Advertisement

Similar to Horizon - you have a AC Adaptor block.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Got a label with my new v360 box today to return all old virgin equipment via parcel motel,did everyone get these,I thought you could keep your old equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got a label with my new v360 box today to return all old virgin equipment via parcel motel,did everyone get these,I thought you could keep your old equipment.

Got it too. Will send it back tomorrow as I don't need the old box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I got that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Doomofman wrote: »
    It's made by Humax who are a polish company it seems. Even has the exact model number on it but there's pretty much no record of it anywhere...

Presume you have tried adding it as device in the Harmony app then and no joy? If you can find a slightly older or similar Humax box you could try that model number, often they use the same or similar codes.

Worst case you could have the Harmony learn a few of the key remote buttons and use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

I think I'll pass!

Why :confused:
    That is a superb TV show :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

After a week of being let down with multiple different excuses for my order being delayed, my TV360 box (and minibox) arrived yesterday. Quite impressed so far. The interface is responsive, a major improvement over the Horizon box. The fact that the one remote will control the TV360 box, the TV, and the Soundbar is a great bonus.

Only one minor niggle so far. I can't find a way change the program jump interval when pressing forward/backward. On Horizon, you could change this from 30secs up to 5mins (I think). On TV360, it seems to be fixed at 30secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

It's made by Humax who are a polish company it seems. Even has the exact model number on it but there's pretty much no record of it anywhere...

I'm hoping someone will figure out how to make it work but with how much the new box improves over the old, I can live without it

Humax are a Korean company and a have an extremely good reputation as a maker of satellite set too boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Humax are a Korean company and a have an extremely good reputation as a maker of satellite set too boxes.

Good man!! Sure nobody on a TV thread would have known that..

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Good man!! Sure nobody on a TV thread would have known that..

Yellowbucket was correcting a previous post which suggested company is Polish.

I for one am greateful for that post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The record has been corrected, I think we can leave the discussion on that point at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

I was hoping to have my new box by the weekend but no joy as yet.

Just wondering for people who have them now, do you need new cabling for the boxes? I was told over the phone that you do but not sure.

I have the horizon box and router set up downstairs and the standard HD box upstairs.

In both rooms I have chased the cables under carpet and wooden floors so it's important for me to be able to prepare.

TIA

I was hoping to have my new box by the weekend but no joy as yet.

Just wondering for people who have them now, do you need new cabling for the boxes? I was told over the phone that you do but not sure.

I have the horizon box and router set up downstairs and the standard HD box upstairs.

In both rooms I have chased the cables under carpet and wooden floors so it's important for me to be able to prepare.

TIA

No, I even reused the coax from the splitter to the new box.
    My VM cabling is only 2 years old though so not sure if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

dam099 wrote: »
    Presume you have tried adding it as device in the Harmony app then and no joy? If you can find a slightly older or similar Humax box you could try that model number, often they use the same or similar codes.

Worst case you could have the Harmony learn a few of the key remote buttons and use them.

Another thing you could try is see if the Virgin Media TV V6 box works (I was able to add it but obviously cant test).

Its been used in the UK for quite a while and is believed to be the same hardware just different software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

dam099 wrote: »
    Another thing you could try is see if the Virgin Media TV V6 box works (I was able to add it but obviously cant test).

Its been used in the UK for quite a while and is believed to be the same hardware just different software.

Tried adding it as the V6 and several Humax boxes too with no joy. It's possible the box doesn't have an IR receiver on it so the remote only uses IR for TV control

• Advertisement

Tried adding it as the V6 and several Humax boxes too with no joy. It's possible the box doesn't have an IR receiver on it so the remote only uses IR for TV control

Good point. There probably is no IR control. I've the 360 box in a locker and no line of sight with the standard remote and I've no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sftwc01

towger wrote: »
    Meanwhile Day 2 of no TV and getting the run-around from VM with no solutions in sight. Contacting support is a nightmare.

Has this issue been fixed for you yet? I got two boxes on Thursday, and I can't get the mini box to connect. Getting an error code of CS1010. Have spent hours on Customer Support via WhatsApp, Twitter, and phone on Friday, Saturday and today and they still haven't resolved it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

sftwc01 wrote: »
    Has this issue been fixed for you yet? I got two boxes on Thursday, and I can't get the mini box to connect. Getting an error code of CS1010. Have spent hours on Customer Support via WhatsApp, Twitter, and phone on Friday, Saturday and today and they still haven't resolved it! :mad:

Have you turned WPS on?

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/support-by-products/tv/virgin-tv/virgin-tv-box/virgin-tv-box-error-codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

What 4k content is available at the moment?
    - The Rook - 8 Episodes.

So the VM website is lying then if only 8 episodes of one programme is available in 4K. It states "Enjoy everthing you watch in glorious ultra HD"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

So the VM website is lying then if only 8 episodes of one programme is available in 4K. It states "Enjoy everthing you watch in glorious ultra HD"

Well technically they can argue they upscale everything to 4k, but yes they should at least look to get their own channels broadcasting in 4k

Maybe we will get (big maybe) a Virgin Media Sport 4K channel. Easy to get 4K stuff for Champions League and Europa.

Armonline wrote: »
    Well technically they can argue they upscale everything to 4k, but yes they should at least look to get their own channels broadcasting in 4k

But does the 360 box actually upscale all channels to 4K, even those low bitrate SD channels? I doubt it very much

But does the 360 box actually upscale all channels to 4K, even those low bitrate SD channels? I doubt it very much

- No it does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

- No it does not.

I have the resolution on the Virgin 360 set to 4K and no matter what channel I am looking at my LG TV is saying that a 4k signal is being received even for a low res +1 channel on the 360 box. If I lower the 360 resolution to 1080p, then the TV reports a 1080p signal received. Just because it is upscaled does not make the SD signal any better quality, it still looks like a SD channel.

• Advertisement

So my point stands, only 8 episodes of one particular programme is broadcast in 4K. Nothing else

Advertisement