Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I was thinking of signing up but they told me new customers are still being given the Horizon box. What's the deal there? I sign up for the 12 month new customer offer but to get the new box I can request an "upgrade" on day 2 but immediately switch to the full price? Seems a bit ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

towger wrote: »
    Meanwhile Day 2 of no TV and getting the run-around from VM with no solutions in sight. Contacting support is a nightmare.

If ya do it through whatsapp and choice 360 support someone comes on right away

Was on at 11, box was running by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    sales/loyalty have been told not to give any deal on the 360 packages for 12 calendar months

I got a deal on mine but only because they messed up in the whats app chat and quote me the lower package price for the higher package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Mearings wrote: »
    Did you have to pay extra for the remote or did it come with the box?!
    It should be free but I will know tomorrow when I get the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjryan

ANyone know if you have to upgrade multiroom boxes aswell if you replace the Horizon with the new tv360 box ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

I was thinking of signing up but they told me new customers are still being given the Horizon box. What's the deal there? I sign up for the 12 month new customer offer but to get the new box I can request an "upgrade" on day 2 but immediately switch to the full price? Seems a bit ridiculous

That's a bit depressing, had the same issue myself when I asked to swap to the 360 deal last Friday(as I had originally asked for) the day after I installed Horizon. Others on this thread have assured me the reps wouldn't have had a clue the 360 was going to be launched but I had to obviously cancel as was in the legal 14 days cooling off period.

Might be eligible for a slightly cheaper upgrade if I just have broadband in a month but otherwise Sky Q Signature HD at 42 euro (standard price) on top of the 59 euro Virgin Broadband kinda works out cheaper than some of the Virgin Bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

kjryan wrote: »
    ANyone know if you have to upgrade multiroom boxes aswell if you replace the Horizon with the new tv360 box ??

You don't have to. I have the HD box currently in the other room and am keeping that with the 360 for the main room only.

They said something about needing a different connection or cable and my cable runs under the carpet in the other room so not changing that for the lesser used box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Mearings wrote: »
    Did you have to pay extra for the remote or did it come with the box?!

- Remotes come with 360 boxes.

- Strictly speaking 360 boxes are only for "exisiting" Customers at the moment.

Obviously this will change in time -don't know when.

Personally I would even call this a soft launch at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

They’re about 5 years too late to pull a two tier old / new hardware approach like Sky Q did back in the day.

1. Sky+ HD was rock solid - Horizon absolutely is not and
    2. Sky Q launched at a time when that stuff was impressive.
    It’s expected now and there are two extremely well developed IPTV services from Eir & Vodafone, Sky Q is well established, Now TV, Netflix, Prime, excellent FTA / Freesat options including built into many TVs...

Roll out the new tech and stop messing people around or you’ll lose customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 dabrisin

Hi, I would be grateful for some help from anyone who has set up a 360 box. Got delivery today . At the moment the access point on the wall has one outlet which goes to my hub. It sems I need a two way splitter to connect to the hub and the new 360 box but there was none in the box. Tried to contact VM but no luck. My TV is right beside the hub. So basically is there any way I can proceed without the splitter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭bren2001

dabrisin wrote: »
    Hi, I would be grateful for some help from anyone who has set up a 360 box. Got delivery today . At the moment the access point on the wall has one outlet which goes to my hub. It sems I need a two way splitter to connect to the hub and the new 360 box but there was none in the box. Tried to contact VM but no luck. My TV is right beside the hub. So basically is there any way I can proceed without the splitter ?

Pop down to your local hardware and get an F-way splitter. They are about a euro. Be much faster than contacting Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dannyor1990

If you have one VM connection point then yes you will need to order a splitter from VM, contact them on WhatsApp, I find it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dannyor1990

I have the 360 box a week now. Very impressed really snappy and fast, when navigating through the menus and guide. Voice control excellent, Going from Horizon to 360 is like night and day massive improvment. Hopefully more 4k content over time and a dedicated 4K channel would be a bonus, overall very good glad I upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

bren2001 wrote: »
    Pop down to your local hardware and get an F-way splitter. They are about a euro. Be much faster than contacting Virgin.

Powercity might also have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They’re about 5 years too late to pull a two tier old / new hardware approach like Sky Q did back in the day.

1. Sky+ HD was rock solid - Horizon absolutely is not and
    2. Sky Q launched at a time when that stuff was impressive.
    It’s expected now and there are two extremely well developed IPTV services from Eir & Vodafone, Sky Q is well established, Now TV, Netflix, Prime, excellent FTA / Freesat options including built into many TVs...

Roll out the new tech and stop messing people around or you’ll lose customers.

Absolutely. There are far too many options available these days to justify paying a premium for a product arriving half a decade too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Does a new router come with the package? Am on the fence about this too, thanks!

loup wrote: »
    Does a new router come with the package? Am on the fence about this too, thanks!

If you don't have a white Compal Modem you will get a new one. If you already have one you won't need it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Delta2113 wrote: »
    If you don't have a white Compal Modem you will get a new one. If you already have one you won't need it replaced.

But are people getting the white compal ones or is there a newer one?
    Still using cisco 3925, didnt want the compal one due to the intel puma issues.

You get a compal Modem. Other Modem still being tested presumably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Is it possible to sign up for the TV 360 box and the 500mb Broadband but not the Home Phone part? From my reading all the packages offered on the website all seem to include Home Phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

AJB39 wrote: »
    Is it possible to sign up for the TV 360 box and the 500mb Broadband but not the Home Phone part? From my reading all the packages offered on the website all seem to include Home Phone.

They might take you off it if you asked them but the price is the same as far as I know so it wouldn't make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

They might take you off it if you asked them but the price is the same as far as I know so it wouldn't make much difference.

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

The VM home phone gives you free calls to (in my case) USA, France, UK and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

My box arrived earlier today and it's now set up. So much better than the old Horizon box. I am still playing about with it but I am liking it more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Ordered last Friday,they kept messing up the order, kept telling me it was coming out next day,waited in all week for non existent delivery.
    Customer service is mediocre,was then told it was held because they didn't know if it was a self install or if an engineer was to come out.
    Finally got a text from nightline couriers to say it's coming Monday ,order was confirmed on Thursday for delivery Friday,so much for 24 delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Got my box today, don't suppose anyone has one of these working with a Logitech Harmony remote? Can't get mine setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Doomofman wrote: »
    Got my box today, don't suppose anyone has one of these working with a Logitech Harmony remote? Can't get mine setup

No longer with Virgin but in the early days of Horizon had to use the manufacturer (Samsung if I recall) + their model number to get it working.

Apart from the Virgin branding are there any other manufacturer/model numbers on the underside/back (probably where you would also find serial number)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I have the 360 box a week now. Very impressed really snappy and fast, when navigating through the menus and guide. Voice control excellent, Going from Horizon to 360 is like night and day massive improvment. Hopefully more 4k content over time and a dedicated 4K channel would be a bonus, overall very good glad I upgraded.

What 4k content is available at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

dam099 wrote: »
    No longer with Virgin but in the early days of Horizon had to use the manufacturer (Samsung if I recall) + their model number to get it working.

Apart from the Virgin branding are there any other manufacturer/model numbers on the underside/back (probably where you would also find serial number)?

It's made by Humax who are a polish company it seems. Even has the exact model number on it but there's pretty much no record of it anywhere...

I'm hoping someone will figure out how to make it work but with how much the new box improves over the old, I can live without it

Advertisement