Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

Absolute joke of a service on the original Horizon system. If they’re going to charge me a premium for this box, I’m gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Just got a text promoting tv 360

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Hey,

Just signed up to virgin media at start of July. Full house package 75 for 6months I think - anyway I can upgrade to this? Hate horizon! But it’s a big jump to
    105 for the 360 ad shown online? Anyone keep their discount for 6 months?

Not quite the same situation as you but I'm coming to the end of my contract and called them earlier today about discounts. Offered me 15 off for 9 months if I kept what I have but they said I couldn't get the discount if I upgraded my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Ordered on Friday. Arrived today.
    However someone did not do their Job and my account was not updated and the box will not work.
    Onto support by chat all day, promised to resolve it, didn’t , ignored me then for several hours until they all rocked off home for the day.
    Without fail every time I order any new or updated service they screw it up and leave me disconnected for days. Why can’t people just do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

towger wrote: »
    .... Why can’t people just do their job.

I bet billing did their job. You might want to keep an eye on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

However someone did not do their Job and my account was not updated and the box will not work.
    Onto support by chat all day, promised to resolve it, didn’t , ignored me then for several hours until they all rocked off home for the day.
    Without fail every time I order any new or updated service they screw it up and leave me disconnected for days. Why can’t people just do their job.

Exact same
    Box not provisioned

Same thing happened me last year with horizon

They’re a joke shop in every way

beauf wrote: »
    I bet billing did their job. You might want to keep an eye on that

Yes Sales and Billing, top performers .

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Recieved the Virgin 360 box yesterday afternoon after ordering late on Friday, Setup went fine , overall very impressed so far. It is very smooth and fast interface, far better than the Horizon sluggish one. Catchup interface is far better than what was on horizon also.

Note if you have a LG TV with magic remote, you need to put in UPC as the set top box provider to get it to operate the Virgin 360 box.

Also, Virgin TV Anywhere app on phone/tablet integrates so much better with it than the Horizon box did. You can see and play back any recordings you have on the box.

Will have to wait to see if any scheduled series recordings go OK or just randomly fail or repeat over and an over again like the Horizon box was prone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have a LG TV with magic remote and did not have to put in UPC. It even show's up Virgin Media in writing on my screen without any Input from me and when I switch TV on initially or I am moving around say from Input to Input.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

When I renewed with Virgin in February the agent told me they had the new boxes in the office and were playing around with them. She said they would be offering free upgrades for existing customers. I said I was happy to renew if that was the case because I found the Horizon box so frustrating to use. I obviously have no written record of this, am I likely to be able to get Virgin to honour this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I have a LG TV with magic remote and did not have to put in UPC. It even show's up Virgin Media in writing on my screen without any Input from me and when I switch TV on initially or I am moving around say from Input to Input.

Must be dependant on the TV model, didn't work like that on mine which is a C9. Virgin Media option didn't work and had to use UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Metalpanic wrote: »
    When I renewed with Virgin in February the agent told me they had the new boxes in the office and were playing around with them. She said they would be offering free upgrades for existing customers. I said I was happy to renew if that was the case because I found the Horizon box so frustrating to use. I obviously have no written record of this, am I likely to be able to get Virgin to honour this?
    not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Am I reading it correctly that the cheapest TV and broadband package with 360 is €98pm? That is some price for the entry level package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bricky06 wrote: »
    Am I reading it correctly that the cheapest TV and broadband package with 360 is €98pm? That is some price for the entry level package.

That's what I'm seeing as well and they can quite frankly get to feck at that price.

I'm going with internet only as soon as my current contract ends. Probably with vodafone as they're cheaper and Siro is available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That's what I'm seeing as well and they can quite frankly get to feck at that price.

I'm going with internet only as soon as my current contract ends. Probably with vodafone as they're cheaper and Siro is available here.

That's my thinking as well, Siro has only been available for a couple of months where I live so I'll be switching to that in October, maybe with a Now TV subscription on the side. The new box looks great but we barely watch regular TV anymore, and our Virgin broadband has dropped a good few times while I've been working from home. I'm not willing to pay that price for a basic package.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    not a chance

Yeah was thinking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking that!

Its only because i spent an hour talking to there sales team yesterday..going from one sales person to another and trying to get the box for free..used all the usual old tricks but they were having none of it,spoke to a network engineer friend of mine who does contract work for virgin and he said that sales/loyalty have been told not to give any deal on the 360 packages for 12 calendar months

Its only because i spent an hour talking to there sales team yesterday..going from one sales person to another and trying to get the box for free..used all the usual old tricks but they were having none of it,spoke to a network engineer friend of mine who does contract work for virgin and he said that sales/loyalty have been told not to give any deal on the 360 packages for 12 calendar months

I wonder if the call was recorded, could i get a copy of the log to argue the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its not competitive at all compared to Sky. Virgin think this is putting them ahead in the game, its just bringing them to a position they should have been in years ago. Charging a premium for this product is hilarious!

Best of luck to them! Iv cancelled my TV today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'd give it a couple of months to see if that still holds true. I know I won't be renewing in October if I don't get my traditional 6 months half price at the very least.

Also you'd wonder how long their stock of Horizon boxes will last. I assume they aren't taking in any more themselves and are trying to get of remaining stock. I've a overheating box that needs replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I got the text yesterday offering the new box and it arrives tomorrow. The current box is ****e and not a patch on their older box. I can't wait to get it set up and working.

Their broadband has always been good to me and I am not sure what I will do with the 500MB ;) I get with my new package.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I got the text yesterday offering the new box and it arrives tomorrow. The current box is ****e and not a patch on their older box. I can't wait to get it set up and working.

Their broadband has always been good to me and I am not sure what I will do with the 500MB ;) I get with my new package.

Did you have to upgrade your package or did they offer it to you for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Snap, exactly what I did. Have TV and 500mb for €60 .... dumping the TV and getting Siro for €40

€100 is a bit steep and it’s the entry package.... I’m sure this box is 10000 times better than horizon but I would certainly not pay VM that amount to be one of the first to have a new box, given their history with woeful boxes and software. We’ve been here before with high hopes coming into the horizon boxes and what a disaster those boxes turned out

That said, I’ll keep an keen interest in these new boxes and I hope that anyone picking one up has a much better TV experience over the old horizon

Did you have to upgrade your package or did they offer it to you for free?
    I had to upgrade and its 50 cents more per month for the first year and then €10.50 per month after.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

I had to upgrade and its 50 cents more per month for the first year and then €10.50 per month after.

Seems that all VM tv customers will have to pay extra for the V360 box sooner or later. This is a first from VM/UPC, i've had 2 modem & 2 tv boxes upgrades(?) and never had to pay extra.

Meanwhile Day 2 of no TV and getting the run-around from VM with no solutions in sight. Contacting support is a nightmare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its not competitive at all compared to Sky. Virgin think this is putting them ahead in the game, its just bringing them to a position they should have been in years ago. Charging a premium for this product is hilarious!

Best of luck to them! Iv cancelled my TV today

What are ya paying now what have ya just internet

Mearings wrote: »
    Seems that all VM tv customers will have to pay extra for the V360 box sooner or later. This is a first from VM/UPC, i've had 2 modem & 2 tv boxes upgrades(?) and never had to pay extra.
    I think the extra cost is not to bad once you factor in the faster broadband speeds, Up from 250MB to 500MB. I was happy with 250MB but I am on their top package and you only get 500MB with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

FaganJr wrote: »
    If you take the Horizon box out of Eco mode, it's a lot better.
    VM engineer showed me. Boots now in 2-3 seconds, alot more responsive.

How do you this. Sure is a heap of sh1t the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

I think the extra cost is not to bad once you factor in the faster broadband speeds, Up from 250MB to 500MB. I was happy with 250MB but I am on their top package and you only get 500MB with it.

Did you have to pay extra for the remote or did it come with the box?!

Advertisement