Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

These new plus tiers are so impressive imo. I've only upgraded to Extra but half my wishlist was on there.

I completed Stray recently and had a lot of fun with it - I'm replaying Far Cry 3 and the Ezio Collection right now and having a blast replaying these (I originally played them on Steam but wanted to replay and platinum them here - I've my work cut out for me!).

Tbh bar one or two games releasing in the next 6 months I think this will be all I delve into for the medium term future!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So, to reduce my game backlog and free up some time I bought a PS5. Doh! Really it's the last thing I need ... 😄 First PlayStation too. But the pull of those first party Sony games was too strong.

Has low fan and low coil whine. Fan is ok, but the whine is annoying as it changes depending on what's happening on screen. Spiderman remastered, map screen Vs gameplay screen for example. I haven't noticed the whine on HZD or Astro.

It's not that bad, but it does dampen the experience after the XBox Series X. I guess I'm concerned it'll get worse or be worse on different games. Not going to bother returning, but may try some of the fixes that don't invalidate warranty.

So, 3 first world problems, too many games, too little time to play them and some coil whine.

Spiderman plays and looks stunning in 60 FPS RT performance mode.

I also have some PS4 games I bought for a tenner each a couple of years ago, and I'm delighted they've been updated to 60 FPS.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Sons PS5 digital edition bought December 2020 from smyths. With f1 2022 getting the attached error non stop. Have tried a multiple of console resets, reset from USB stick, safe mode you name it and same issue. Most games work fine but f1 and ratchet and clank giving this error. He's contacts Sony and ea and they bouncing the issue between each other.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

Did you try deleting the game, all its saves and reload a fresh copy ? Any time I had a bugged game on the PS4 (twice I can think of) I had to delete the saves plus it’s cloud saves. PS5 hasn’t done that to me yet but it’s worth removing the saves both cloud and local, test function and then delete and reload the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If its only happening with two particular games (from different devs), I would suggest deleting the games and downloading them again. Maybe even upload the save files to the cloud, but then turn off syncing and delete the save files from the console. That way you're starting the games completely from scratch when you reinstall. If the game works you can then download the save files from the cloud again.

It may not be an issue with the console, but just the game files or updates themselves have been corrupted. Deleting and reinstalling would give a new clean version if the games to try.

• Advertisement

Yeah he's tried that. Still no joy. It's weird other games are ok like Gran Turismo and spiderman etc..

Just to close this out. I bought a new ps5 disk edition (gamestop only place had stock) and the games all work fine. Got onto smyths re the digital and their first reaction was out of warranty goodbye... i then brought up the 2 year eu warranty etc.. and they asked for correspondence with sony.. sent that on and they wanted me to keep going with Sony... mentioned i was legally advised all my contact needs to be with the retailer.. they asked for the console to be dropped into local smyths.. dropped in Saturday and they emailed me this morning offering a voucher for the value of the ps5.. i asked for a replacement console but they can't get stock so im taking the voucher.. anyway its interesting but not surprising the resistance they put up re the refund.. probably sell on the voucher now as the kids are older don't by a lot of stuff in smyths

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is there still a big supply shortage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Sort of, they are much easier to get these days but you still can't go into a shop and just buy one. I expect they will get scarcer again coming up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not as bad. I saw some behind the counter in Currys last week. There's not a huge amount of them but they're able to be purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PSVR2 coming "Early" 2023. Let the hype begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My birthday is in February, let's see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If it's going by their fiscal year, it'll probably be April or May!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you're 30+ then socks, socks are what's gonna happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭jj880

Looking forward to it but think it could be a boo-boo not getting it out for Christmas. Fingers crossed for new astrobot game soon after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like it. Surprised there is no blog post yet

Edit, here we go

Ultra-customizable controls: You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours by remapping or deactivating specific button inputs and fine-tuning your aim by adjusting stick sensitivity and dead zones (the distance your analog stick moves before it's recognized in a game). In addition, each trigger is adjustable with options to tailor travel distance and dead zones to your preference. For example, you can manually reduce travel distance of the triggers for faster inputs in competitive FPS games or reduce the dead zone for precise throttle control in racing games.

● Ability to save multiple control profiles: Once you've found your ideal control settings, you can save them to unique profiles and swap between them on the fly. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you'll always have your preferred controls for your games ready to go, whether you're facing Norse gods and monsters in God of War Ragnarök, or rival players in an online battle royale.

● On-controller user interface: The dedicated Fn button allows you to easily adjust your setup while staying focused on the in-game action – quickly swap between your pre-set control profiles, adjust game volume and chat balance, and access the controller profile settings menu to set up and test new control iterations while in game.

● Changeable stick caps and back buttons: Three types of swappable stick caps (standard, high dome, and low dome) help you stay comfortable in game while maintaining grip and stability. The two swappable sets of back buttons (half-dome and lever) can be configured to be any other button input, putting more essential controls at your fingertips.

● Replaceable stick modules: Play longer with the ability to fully replace each individual stick module on the controller (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).

● Built-in DualSense wireless controller features: The DualSense Edge wireless controller retains the signature comfort and immersive experience of the DualSense wireless controller when playing supported games, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, built-in microphone, motion controls, and more.

I'll be buying one as I loved my Elite on Xbox. Not sure if the front buttons under the thumbsticks are going to be very usable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If my video reading skills are any good, the buttons under the thumbsticks are the Fn buttons for in game access to profiles and settings. I'll probably get one, depending on the price. Wouldn't use most the features but the extra paddles interest me.

• Advertisement

My guess is it'll be priced between €150-175 but wouldn't be shocked if they go as far as €199.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If it's built to last, I'll get one for use on both PS and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd nearly get one for the stick caps alone!

I hate convex analogue sticks!

Hopefully the make some concave ones 😊

Been playing most of my games on the Steam Deck lately and it is hard to go back to a controller that doesn't have back paddles.

Will be a day one purchase for me assuming they have decent availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'll be getting one only because I like the look of it 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The buttons under the thumb sticks look like they just might be just locks/handles. You can pull out the stick module and replace it (quick fix for joystick drift).

PS5 just got an official price hike to €549.99 / €449.99

Effective immediately. Anyone looking for one should probably try and grab one quick before the price is updated. Smyths currently still have the old price.

Apparently those are the Function buttons that let you quickly switch profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭jj880

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It's out of stock everywhere.

F*ck Sony so.

I'm never going to bother with a PS5.

This has turned me off them completely. I think console gaming ends for me with the PS4.

After I'm finished playing it I don't know what I'll do.

Advertisement