Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Doom Eternal added for anyone like me who was about to buy it for myself for Christmas!

See you in hell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Headshot wrote: »
    There goes the best value for games around

As of 17 September 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring 3-month subscription fee is increasing from €11.99 to €29.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after 17 October 2020

hard to justify keeping it for that pricing for me anyway

Yeah same here. In fairness I had it for a euro for ages and was only playing football manager. But got a good run of crusader kings also.

But at that price no thanks. Will stick to steam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I got mine refreshed for $1aud there the other week for 3 months. I should get around to installing some games from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Control and Desperados 3 on there now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So yeah all the bethesda titles were just added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

60 EA Play titles should be added today. The only downside is you need to download the EA Play launcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

ElNino wrote: »
    60 EA Play titles should be added today. The only downside is you need to download the EA Play launcher.

Yeah was a bit fiddly to set up, I had an old EA account to link to but it wasn'y exactly smooth. Downloaded the app via XBGP, signed in, connected the accounts but when I went to download my first EA title it was asking me to pay for it! Thought I'd done something wrong, checked everything, nope I was connected all seemed fine ... tried again, still asking me to pay for the game! I think it was 4th attempt it finally recognized that I had game pass and stopped asking me to pay via EA. So anyone doing this, maybe give it a bit of time to register that the accounts are connected, don't get frustrated

There's not much from EA I'm bothered with tbh, the first game I grabbed was Unravel. Might try one of the NFS games, which one is best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Glebee

My ultimate is up at the end of April, if I get 12 months gold will this convert my ultimate as well? I know theres a separate thread on it elsewhere...

It's possible to use XCloud on your PC now, but it is unofficial so use at your own risk (I don't think there's much risk):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4hb1zDdVk

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pillars of Eternity 2 ultimate edition was added in the last week or so.

Started it yesterday and was able to import my save from the steam version of the first game no bother.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Went to link my Xbox account to my EA account today, and it was apparently linked to an old account Microsoft account. They handily gave me the link to unlink the account...only to now be told that i can only link an EA account once in it's lifetime and i'm basically **** out of luck.

Has happened to a bunch of people apparently, with EA not saying anything.

So much for that plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Glebee

Looks like my Microsoft account has been hacked and all my security settings changed. Microsoft tell me theres fcuk all they can do about it and are sorry and have all they can do is suspend my account. Because my Game Pass is liked to my Microsoft account im screwed basically, cant log in to app... FFS. I actually have no idea what ive lost because of this.. Maybe it just the rest of my game pass sub till next April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 3 months for €1 offer is back for new and returning members. And after subscribing, you can upgrade to Ultimate for another €1 to get an extra month.

So 4 months for €2. I just did it myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Their finally changing the name of this to PC Game Pass, which makes a lot more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm genuinely grateful that I don't have to navigate the minefield that is their console naming conventions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah they're a pain. Was buying a couple of games for my brother and the case just has XBOX on them while the previous ones have Xbox One. So have to double check they're the Series X version.

Advertisement