Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I got a 6 pack tayto variety pack and there was an extra smokey bacon in the bag. This happened around a month ago aswell and it was smokey bacon that time too. Result! 

nearly as good as winning the lottery

I got a 6 pack tayto variety pack and there was an extra smokey bacon in the bag. This happened around a month ago aswell and it was smokey bacon that time too. Result! 

I'd be raging if that happened me. Smokey bacon is such a dad flavour! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

I'd be raging if that happened me. Smokey bacon is such a dad flavour!

Cheese and onion is my favourite, with smokey bacon second. I'm not really a fan of salt and vinegar but I'd eat any crisp all the same :D

I'd be raging if that happened me. Smokey bacon is such a dad flavour! ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Are you a dad???

• Advertisement

Are you a dad???

no but i am quite old

no but i am quite old

I think she meant an old persons crisp.. *sniffs pathetically* :pac:

Yeah to be more specific, old men and/or dads. Even young fathers - the minute they become dad's they start craving smokey bacon crisps!

:D

Yeah to be more specific, old men and/or dads. Even young fathers - the minute they become dad's they start craving smokey bacon crisps!

Not true BB. I'll always be a cheese and onion man plus I also liked smokey bacon when I was a whippersnapper :D *looks in the mirror in denial. I'm not old* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    You could name them after some bright spark or an ol flame.
    Oh, or Ruby Wax :D
    Just thought of another one...
    Joe Wicks :pac:

I forgot to mention... I called my candle Mr. Miyagi.

When I light it ...... Wax on!
    When I blow it out..... Wax off! :D

I swear, I'll stop now :pac:

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote:
    I swear, I'll stop now

Daniel son please do :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Psst! If you call it smoked pancetta you're suddenly younger, cooler and trendier. ;)

New Home wrote: »
    Psst! If you call it smoked pancetta you're suddenly younger, cooler and trendier. ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Seeing the progression in juniors thinking at connect 4.
    Thinking 3 moves ahead now.
    My work is paying off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    Psst! If you call it smoked pancetta you're suddenly younger, cooler and trendier.

Is there a vegan version?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Smoked virtual pancetta?

Smoked pansies?

Too flowery.

It's smokey facon (fakeon) obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TH that I am not the only one with a zany thought process.

• Advertisement

Some items i ordered from the US that i had long written off as lost turned up in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was in the library today after a few months and checked my books and got new ones.

watching reeling in the years 1981 edition and they show bucks fizz ripping the skirts off the girls. as a nearly teenage boy i remember thinking that it was incredibly raunchy. the father nearly turned the tv off. simpler times.

I found a top up voucher in the cover of my phone. Two months old it was. Figured I used it already and must have dispatched it into cover rather than litter.

Tried it anyway and turns out it worked :)

Sometimes I get credit in advance, just to be prepared, and I must have forgotten about this voucher the previous time I topped up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A school teacher in Kildare is putting maths etc grinds online ,free!

Makes me happy that kids who cant afford grinds are given a level playing field like this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

In a clothes shop today, for the first time in months. Saw a nice top on a sale rail, but it didn't seem to be marked down. I thought it might have been left there by mistake so was all set to pay full price.

Took it to the till and it was less than half price. :)

Not really trivial but kindness. People being decent and humble. Sometimes even when they are struggling themselves. These are the really nice traits in humans for me that keep the candle lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In a clothes shop today, for the first time in months. Saw a nice top on a sale rail, but it didn't seem to be marked down. I thought it might have been left there by mistake so was all set to pay full price.

Took it to the till and it was less than half price. :)

This happened me today buying a new tracksuit bottom for my son.
    €12 I got off.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Two of my favorite people came to visit today, they always lift my spirits, my little nephew has gotten so big, when he came in first he walking around looking for me calling my name :3 and when I came down then he ran into my arms and gave me a hug :o and then I was holding my little niece who is 3 months old now and was making kissy noises and at first she was just staring intently at me as if to say "what in the name of god is this fella at o_O" and then she started smiling up at me :3.

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    A school teacher in Kildare is putting maths etc grinds online ,free!

Makes me happy that kids who cant afford grinds are given a level playing field like this.

I like that one :)

My TH is that someone put something online, perhaps at first glance ostensibly for props or kudos - without actually having to do anything irl - but it actually entails doing good rather than hashtagging V Signalling crap...

I hope that counts as my own TH :pac: :(

Advertisement