Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I have always gone with the highest amount of storage available as I used to keep a lot of music on my iPhone and take a lot of pictures. I got an 11 Pro 256G this time and with the advent of Spotify and iCloud storage the additional storage was a waste of money.

May come in handy if on holidays and I take a load of extra pics/videos or download a load of videos from the likes of Netflix but probably not likely. At present I still have +200GB available. :rolleyes:

Every couple of months I back up pics from iCloud which is necessary to have enough space for back up.

Actually on the above, does anybody know if it's possible to continue to have the photos on your phone at the same time as clearing out storage on iCloud?

I love google photos. They sync up your photos and manage storage on your phone, suggesting to delete photos on your phone or not. It’s quite an interactive app, pushing notifications like photos from this time last year, previous years etc. nice way to see what hoots you would have forgot about.

very handy for my 64gb as I’m constantly trying to find space on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

pad199207 wrote: »
    Got my Pro Max since Christmas Day and the Battery Health has dropped to 99%. Would that be pretty much normal for an iPhone ?

Now it’s down to 98%. Not really appreciating these drop in numbers from such an expensive phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Now it’s down to 98%. Not really appreciating these drop in numbers from such an expensive phone :(

That’s just the way batteries work unfortunately. Although companies like Apple can do things with software to try preserve battery health it’s ultimately out of their hands. I’ve never really had issues with the battery on iPhones (other than battery size being a bit small), they’ve been focusing on the battery a lot more in recent software updates.

Whatever happened to that whole graphene battery technology that was supposed to make significant increases to battery life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The battery health stat is just an estimate and will go up and down. And it could say 99% and completely fail tomorrow. Apple will probably remove this stat eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

First, keep in mind that it is only bothering you because you can see the number. In practice it probably has virtually no impact on actual battery life, and with older other phones which don’t have a battery health indicator you wouldn’t even know it.

Now, a 2% drop in just over 3 months seems like a lot, although possible under a heavy usage pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got my iPhone 11 back in November last year and the battery health is showing 100%

I very rarely leave it charging over night but even if I do it has a battery management thing that will only fully charge it just before I get up.

The battery is a bit bonkers though. I got up this morning and the battery was at around 35% by the time I got downstairs it was at 8% and I plugged it in and it took about 5mins to get up to 72% :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've an 11 Pro Max that i've had since launch, currently 97% health. No complaints at all from me, battery easily lasts 2 days for my usage. I generally charge it through my wireless charger at night but plenty of times i've forgotten or not sat it right on the charging pad and barely even notice unless i actively look to check the percentage. A few times i've thought it would die before I got a chance to get home but thats usually been when i'm away on holidays or something like that but i'm amazed at how long that last 10% seems to last when power saving kicks in. Very happy with the phone overall I have to say, software updates have ironed out some of the bugs I noticed in the early months.

Has anyone ever come across a glitch where Siri won’t be able to call a contact? I can no longer say “Call *wifes name*” without getting the reply that “Sorry, there’s no *wifes name* in your contacts”?
    Everyone else seems to ring ok, though the voice recognition seems to be worse than it used to be. Like if I say “Call John Doyle” it’ll ask me which John I want to call and display me 3 different Johns but not the one I asked for. After a few goes and shouts that one works though, the one for the wife won’t at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Had anyone ever seen the 11 pro go on sale for cheaper ? Looking at one in the coming months but not interested in paying over a grand.

Another phone I'm considering of similar size, the S10E apparently dropped down to under 500 in November last year but is ranging from 600 to 750 so I know it's not unheard of for phones to be reduced in price like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Had anyone ever seen the 11 pro go on sale for cheaper ? Looking at one in the coming months but not interested in paying over a grand.

Another phone I'm considering of similar size, the S10E apparently dropped down to under 500 in November last year but is ranging from 600 to 750 so I know it's not unheard of for phones to be reduced in price like that.

I bought the misses S10E for 440 sealed brand new sim free last August! Adverts with a reputable seller, you cannot go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Its not unheard of for Samsung to run promos as that is their business model but I've never seen any discounts on the flagship iPhone at any stage during its 1 year span as flagship model. Once the iPhone 12 is out in Septemberish Apple will price drop and you'll see some offers around but nothing until then.

The S10E is comparable to the iPhone 11/XR range, just to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I got my iPhone 11 back in November last year and the battery health is showing 100%

I very rarely leave it charging over night but even if I do it has a battery management thing that will only fully charge it just before I get up.

The battery is a bit bonkers though. I got up this morning and the battery was at around 35% by the time I got downstairs it was at 8% and I plugged it in and it took about 5mins to get up to 72% :confused:

So after contacting Apple the weekend before last I sent it off for repair on Tuesday. Just got an email saying they were sending me out a replacement. Knew the battery performance wasn’t right. I had it on close to full power and turned it to box it up. Powered it up the next morning to check something and it was at 5%

The night before I contacted them the battery went a bit crazy.

“Charged it last night but it only got to 89% when I got up around 10am
    Minimal use until 14:28 and while using Twitter got a low battery warning 20%, then five minutes later it was at 2% and by 14:37 the phone died. Plugged it in and when it powered back up at 14:42 it was at 47% which dropped to 37% within 2 minutes while still plugged in.
    Then continued to drop while plugged in. Then just died twice.”

At least it’s all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Anyone else notice a slight bit of burn in on the pro/pro max? If i put a white screen up i can see an image of the battery bar, signal and clock. It’s only slight but you can see it if you’re looking for it. My phone gets a lot of use, have it since October.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice a slight bit of burn in on the pro/pro max? If i put a white screen up i can see an image of the battery bar, signal and clock. It’s only slight but you can see it if you’re looking for it. My phone gets a lot of use, have it since October.

You’ll definitely get it with AMOLED screens so it’s fairly likely. I have Galaxy S series phones around the house with Google Maps completely burnt into them.

Advertisement