Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11, 11 Max/Pro, 11R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whats the diff between 11 and 11pro ? Is it just better batter

The Apple website has a comparison tool to compare different phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

What’s better? iPhone 11 or XS Max?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

pad199207 wrote: »
    What’s better? iPhone 11 or XS Max?

Both have positives and negatives. XS Max is the 2018 iPhone, iPhone 11 is this years.
    XS Max as a bigger screen, OLED, last years processor, cameras etc.

The 11 probably has the objectively better camera, newer specs and design tweaks. However the screen is pretty low res, and used LCD.

If the screen is the most important, as well as the size then the XS Max. If it’s the speed, cameras etc. Get the iPhone 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any ideas when virgin media have the 11 pro in stock ?

Also

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Also

I’ve no idea which is better, I was in apple today and asked about the battery difference on the pro and the pro max, they said the pro max needed a bigger battery as it’s a bigger phone.

I don’t know if that’s correct or not. I took a photo while I was there, it shows a basic comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the catch is, you'll most likely not get the phone. If you're fine with that you'll have no problems :pac:

Guy called gshock on adverts selling iphone 11 64gb black €750

He has a rake of stuff up there , 1800 positive feedback

Have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

the catch is, you'll most likely not get the phone. If you're fine with that you'll have no problems :pac:

A2221 is the code referenced. This is the same model number sold by Apple in Europe
    https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

I have bought 3 times of eGlobal before (2 drones and a Motorola phone) and all work fine.

Seems just like a straight forward deal to be honest.

I've bought loads of stuff off eglobal over the years, always a good bit cheaper, and never had an issue. That said I've never needed to do a return so I don't know about that end of it, but I'd certainly buy one off them quicker than Adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Also

The 11 is cheaper.

The processor is the same between both.

The 11 pro /Pro Max has a OLED screen which has higher resolution and better blacks than the 11 which has a LCD. This is the main difference.

The 11 pro /Pro Max has an extra wide angle camera lens.

The 11 Pro Max has the best battery life of all the phones but they all have good battery life.

So the screen and extra camera lens on the pro / pro max.

Bear in mind if you do a lot of navigation with the phone the LCD won't burn too, if that's a consideration. The screen is so much better than its spec sheet on the regular 11 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I have the 11 and very happy with my choice.

€400+ extra for an OLED and third camera lens is the only difference as far as I can see and it's not worth the extra money.

People go on about the LCD screen as if that makes it bad but forget to add that it's a very good LCD and is more than satisfactory for most people.

I don't get people looking for 4k screens on 5-6 inch screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Don’t get it either but the main reason I chose the 11 pro over the 11 is the slightly better screen and smaller overall size. After 3 years with the 7 plus I needed to go smaller for RSI issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

murpho999 wrote: »
    I have the 11 and very happy with my choice.

€400+ extra for an OLED and third camera lens is the only difference as far as I can see and it's not worth the extra money.

People go on about the LCD screen as if that makes it bad but forget to add that it's a very good LCD and is more than satisfactory for most people.

I don't get people looking for 4k screens on 5-6 inch screens.

The 11 also has a larger notch and a larger bezel. It makes it a significantly larger phone than the 11 Pro with not than much more screen real estate.

Taste may vary, but the build/materials will also feel more premium for most people.

And of course the LCD on the 11 is a very good one, but the display of the pro simply is better (it isn’t just the resolution, also colours and contrast).

At the end of the day the 11 is already quite expensive and a perfectly fine phone for most people (except the size which might be a problem for quite many people), and the 11 Pro (Max) just makes everything a bit more premium (and offers more sizes) for whoever wants to pay more.

Don’t get it either but the main reason I chose the 11 pro over the 11 is the slightly better screen and smaller overall size. After 3 years with the 7 plus I needed to go smaller for RSI issues.

How you find the diff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Can you buy AppleCare by the month in Ireland ? Or is it the one time only payment? I know Apple changed it a while back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Can you buy AppleCare by the month in Ireland ? Or is it the one time only payment? I know Apple changed it a while back.

I think it’s once off payment up front.
    The only thing is now, in the 11 Pro, it’s a specific tab in settings. So you can go in and buy it at any stage in the phone and it gives you a count down to when you can’t.

So you could wait u til you had the spare few bob and then buy it.

Bob24 wrote: »
    The 11 also has a larger notch and a larger bezel. It makes it a significantly larger phone than the 11 Pro with not than much more screen real estate.

Taste may vary, but the build/materials will also feel more premium for most people.

And of course the LCD on the 11 is a very good one, but the display of the pro simply is better (it isn’t just the resolution, also colours and contrast).

At the end of the day the 11 is already quite expensive and a perfectly fine phone for most people (except the size which might be a problem for quite many people), and the 11 Pro (Max) just makes everything a bit more premium (and offers more sizes) for whoever wants to pay more.

I really wonder if the notch is bigger on the 11.

Also the bezel is stil small around the 11 and by no means an issue.

The other differences you're talking about I'm not disputing.

I just don't think the 'premium' feel that you'll most likely put in a case and the oled screen warrant the extra €350/€450 they are looking for it. Colours on contrast on the 11 are not bad at all.

Reviewers have said the same. The phone has the same chip and camera (Apart from the zoom lens) and punters think so too as they will see a lot more 11s than 11 Pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

murpho999 wrote: »

Reviewers have said the same. The phone has the same chip and camera (Apart from the zoom lens) and punters think so too as they will see a lot more 11s than 11 Pros.

This is exactly how Apple wants it to be I think. The 11 (and the XR before) is the very good iPhone for the masses, and the Pro is a premium model for the most demanding customers (not meant for the majority).

But I still think size is an issue for the the 11 as a mainstream product, it is simply too large for my taste (and for my hands and pockets!) meaning my only options are either to go lower end or premium. Also I have an 11 pro and my father has an 11, and when you put them next to each other there is definitely a significant difference in terms of bezel size (the notch not as much but still a little).

• Advertisement

The Pro should have had a C port to really differentiate it as pro.

Bob24 wrote: »
    This is exactly how Apple wants it to be I think. The 11 (and the XR before) is the very good iPhone for the masses, and the Pro is a premium model for the most demanding customers (not meant for the majority).

But I still think size is an issue for the the 11 as a mainstream product, it is simply too large for my taste (and for my hands and pockets!) meaning my only options are either to go lower end or premium. Also I have an 11 pro and my father has an 11, and when you put them next to each other there is definitely a significant difference in terms of bezel size (the notch not as much but still a little).

The more demanding customer is not getting much extra for the extra money in my opinion.

The performance is not better. Same chip, cpu speeds etc.
    For PRO level I'd be demanding USB-C, no notch, faster CPU, different software features, reverse wireless charging and extra storage capacity.
    But it's all aesthetics really and no actual performance features apart from OLED.

The bezel is there but it's not interfering and is much smaller if coming from a pre iPhone 10 model.
    So it's a bezel, Oled v LCD and third camera lens. It's not that much.
    Also, you are incorrect about the notch, they are the same size on all phones.

As for the size, I find it perfect, having come from an 8 plus it's actually smaller so it's not a problem. Also smaller than the Pro Max.

I think it's disingenuous of you to refer to the 11 as "lower end". It's a still a premium product and at the higher end of the smartphone market. An €829 phone could not be regarded as cheap.

Don't get me wrong the Max is a lovely phone but at the price they want I would be expecting more and that's why I didn't go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’d say that the smartphone market has changed over the last few years, instead of having your Entry Level > Mid-range > Flagship phones, I see it now as Entry > Mid-range > Flagship > Pro Flagship.

A lot of manufacturers seem to be offering higher end to their actual flagship, Samsung has been doing this for a while by offering the Note as a more premium phone to the Galaxy S model.

I’ve read that next year the phone lineup from Apple will be tweaked again, with all models having 5G and OLED screens. I’m curious how Apple plans to differentiate each model.

Obviously, the 11 has been very successful for them, in part to the price drop which even Tim Cook said helped with sales. I can see them maybe offering 3 similar models, but differentiating by size. Assuming they don’t increase prices again, the only way I could see this working is with the below price lineup.

iPhone 5.8” - 699
    iPhone 6.1” - 849
    iPhone 6.5” - 999

They can’t really stick with the current entry model with the bigger screen and then OLED, there would be too few differences to pay the premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Eglobal are a well know website and I think this version of the the iPhone 11 they are selling is Japanese.

****The shutter sound of iPhone 11 A2221 version can not be turned off.

Big jump from 7+ to 11 pro ?

Wondering is it worth pulling the trigger over the 11

First world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Big jump from 7+ to 11 pro ?

Wondering is it worth pulling the trigger over the 11

First world problems

I went from a 6S to an 11...huge jump in everything. The size is the only thing I’m still getting used to. I love the size of it for browsing etc but it doesn’t fit comfortably in my pocket when not in use and out and about but it’s a minor complaint which I’ll learn to live with.

I’d imagine the jump from the 7 to 11 or 11 Pro would be similar with the Pro being closer in size to the 7.

Couldn’t put up with iPhone 6 issues any longer.
    Finally purchased an 11.

Only get a phone every 5 years so hoping that it’s a good investment.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

You won't be sorry, I also jumped from a iPhone 6 to an iPhone 11, marvellous bit of kit, so delighted with it. :D

Lots of 3 colors now out of stock..
    I ordered a few 11s and all have out of stock email now when it came to being dispatched.

• Advertisement

Lots of 3 colors now out of stock..
    I ordered a few 11s and all have out of stock email now when it came to being dispatched.

dude on adverts selling sealed phones cheaper than apple and has 2000 positive feedbak and i purchased an ipad off him and its amazing

you get apple warranty aswell

pm me if you want his name

Advertisement