Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Sure it was €339 for 500lt the other day now €359, petrols gone down at the pumps last few days i noticed, kerosene gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

eurokev wrote: »
    You didn't make any mention of the weather conditions. Someone might not have been able to get in to work until half way through the day to contact you. There could have been any number of more pressing matters to attend to.

In my own workplace today, there was only about 50 percent of staff able to turn up, the phone system was down and there was a burst pipe. Many of the staff who were able to turn up could not do what they usually do because of the conditions. As I say cut them some slack, they are just people trying to do their jobs. It's not like you could've went out and done much anyway in this weather.

I have found top oil more than accommodating in my experience. Thanks for posting the new code to the poster that posted it too.

I work for an oil company. We have two drivers working for us and I'm by myself in the office. Tomorrow we must try to deliver to over 100 different customers. We have no idea what way the weather will be in the morning and If we will be able to get home tomorrow evening. I know you don't care but this is what some oil companies are faced with. The terminal in Foynes was not working this morning and there were several trucks not able to leave the Whitegate in Cork this morning. I know if you are looking for oil you don't care about this but this is the reality of the situation. By the way I do not work for Topoil but I cant empthasise with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

pissed wrote: »
    Like I said, I appreciate the weather conditions but a phone call or email wouldnt have killed them. I received a response to my email within 5 minutes so hardly that understaffed.

Perhaps the emails go to a head office rather than the depot at Ashbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Perhaps the emails go to a head office rather than the depot at Ashbourne?

Maybe so, but if the depot in Ashbourne did not open surely head office would have known about it from early morning and still no call. They were quick enough to take my payment.

I seen other local oil deliveries taking place but maybe the Topoil drivers have to travel further .... who knows.

Anyway just my experience. I wont be in any hurry to use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

pissed wrote: »
    Like I said, I appreciate the weather conditions but a phone call or email wouldnt have killed them. I received a response to my email within 5 minutes so hardly that understaffed.

In some cases, esp rural areas, staff simply could not get to their premise. - I couldn't get to my business yesterday morning and sent text to staff not to come in.

I'm able to answer emails, but no-one was able to answer the phone and a couple of queries that were to be answered, were only answered today when we managed to get in for a few hours.

Thankfully those two people fully understood and hopefully wont be suggesting that I'm a cowboy.

Far too many snowflakes (pun intended) in the country that are "affected" by anyone not being 100% perfect.

• Advertisement

CeilingFly wrote: »
    In some cases, esp rural areas, staff simply could not get to their premise. - I couldn't get to my business yesterday morning and sent text to staff not to come in.

I'm able to answer emails, but no-one was able to answer the phone and a couple of queries that were to be answered, were only answered today when we managed to get in for a few hours.

Thankfully those two people fully understood and hopefully wont be suggesting that I'm a cowboy.

Far too many snowflakes (pun intended) in the country that are "affected" by anyone not being 100% perfect.

I doubt for a minute that a company the size of Topoil would have only one person employed to answer the phones. If my email query was answered so fast then why did'nt they just send out an email earlier in the day explaining there would be no delivery? I wonder would they take the same stance if they did not have advance payment. Highly unlikely.
    If there are any changes to these times we will be in contact with you on 08xxxxxxxx. You will receive a confirmation text when your oil has been delivered.

Hardly the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 grathu

SAVE18 working in Ballina, Co Mayo. Just ordered 500 lts. 😊ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Just on Top Oil

We were due delivery last Wednesday which was cancelled due to the snow. Now there was a lack of communication at the time from Top and it was difficult to get through to them as mentioned earlier in this thread but I was willing to forgive that given the extreme conditions.

Moving on to Sunday I sent a facebook message asking when deliveries would be back running as we were running low. I got a call from the Kilkenny depot which I was surprised about and they guaranteed me delivery by Tuesday evening at the latest. I tried to ring and facebook message yesterday evening when no delivery arrived (still during working hours) and got no reply.

It is now Wednesday and I finally get through to them and they say they will try (try!) get it to me today.

I completely appreciate that they are undoubtedly under pressure at the moment but this is not acceptable customer service and I won't be using their services again.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I know how you feel. When ordering I put down that there would be nobody here in the mornings and could they deliver after 1pm. Wife gets a phone call just after 10am on Monday to say they were outside to deliver .... They have to had read the request as its the place I put her contact number. Guy said he would "try" and get back later. Never arrived, I contacted the depot and asked why it was delivered in the morning when I specifically requested after 1pm. His response was they cant guarantee time of delivery.

Order cancelled. Will never deal with these cowboys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Thats very unfortunate for you guys, especially with the high need for it with the cureent weather
    But I have to say I have had nothing but great service from Topoil Tullow over the years.

Always deliver on time (to West Wicklow) and early and always ring when they are within an hour of arriving at the house.
    Sometimes when they ring we will not be there and the driver will deliver for us and leave docket in the letter box.
    Have also been the cheapest for us this past couple years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Berberis wrote: »
    Thats very unfortunate for you guys, especially with the high need for it with the cureent weather
    But I have to say I have had nothing but great service from Topoil Tullow over the years.

Always deliver on time (to West Wicklow) and early and always ring when they are within an hour of arriving at the house.
    Sometimes when they ring we will not be there and the driver will deliver for us and leave docket in the letter box.

+1 for the cork depot.
    The past week has been exceptional weather wise.
    It's not to be unexpected that top are experiencing delivery issues... just like almost every other oil company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Berberis wrote: »

And Mullingar. Never any issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Use the Thurles depot never any problems either.

Was chatting to a friend today who owns a petrol station.
    He told me that Whitegate, Foynes, and Dublin oil terminals had run out * of kerosene.

That might lead to longer waits to have your domestic oil tank being filled.
    You local supplier, might not be able to get as much stock as they would like.

* by run out, I presume he meant that they were at very very low levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

mikeecho wrote: »
    Was chatting to a friend today who owns a petrol station.
    He told me that Whitegate, Foynes, and Dublin oil terminals had run out * of kerosene.

That might lead to longer waits to have your domestic oil tank being filled.
    You local supplier, might not be able to get as much stock as they would like.

* by run out, I presume he meant that they were at very very low levels.

Huge freeze all over Europe has led to price spikes in Kerosene and Gas.

Only a certain % of oil can be refined into the various fuel products easily. Once demand exceeds this, it has to go through extra processes which adds to cost.

Naturally refineries also add a premium.

Hence, if oil prices were always €50 per barrel, Kerosense would still be cheaper from April to August and rise in september, peaking about December.

Similarly, petrol prices are slightly cheaper in winter than summer esp in USA where a driving holiday is the norm.

Add currency fluctuations and oil price changes and you have three variables that you have no control over.

One of the girls I with with ordered 500l today.. was told she could only have 300l due to 'restrictions'

Only heard this in the last few min.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

is there any active promo codes Spring18 and SAVE18 dont work atm in cork at least

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

I used Winter18 in Kilkenny on Tuesday morning and got €10 off the price for 500 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

WINTER18 would save me a tenner. SAVE18 saved me €20. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

save18 didn't work for me, only winter18 €10.

• Advertisement

Oil ran out this am

Any new codes please?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

TheTorment wrote: »
    Oil ran out this am

Any new codes please?

save18 worked for me on Monday, €20 off 500l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

how much was the 500l ?

brookedave wrote: »
    save18 worked for me on Monday, €20 off 500l

Wouldnt work for me.

Anyway, closest delivery was next Wednesday so went elsewhere.

Campus Oil 500l €356 delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

tech wrote: »
    how much was the 500l ?

SPRING18

€20 off 1,000L (€10 of 500L)
    applied pro rata

(oops.. didn't realise that this promo code was already posted)

any up to date promo codes ?
    my local top oil is 77¢/l (per 1000L)
    but a local company is 72¢/l

I doubt top will knock off 5+¢/l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

agri18 €20 off 1000 L, €10 off 500 L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Save18 still working here, €20 off 500.

Anyone with a crystal ball want to tell us if it will get cheaper or dearer?

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Save18 still working here, €20 off 500.

Anyone with a crystal ball want to tell us if it will get cheaper or dearer?

All I can tell you is, that it's gonna get colder.

Advertisement