Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭mikeecho

rudiger2.0 wrote: »
    First-time buyer looking for a good deal. I'm shopping around. I see there's Top, Campus and Emo so far. Anywhere else I should be looking and is there any difference between them? Should I just get the best quote?

Check out cheapestoil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

500 litres (84.00cent pl) for 420.01€ with Topoil(MAYO) and using code SAVE20 brings it down to 400.01€

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

signostic wrote: »
    500 litres (84.00cent pl) for 420.01€ with Topoil(MAYO) and using code SAVE20 brings it down to 400.01€

Won't work for carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Won't work for carlow

AUTUMN18 will get you €10 off 500l (€409.96 -> €399.96)
    HERALD18 will get you €25 off 500l (€409.96 -> €384.96)

I'm fairly sure that these are not Carlow specific so should work for anyone and possibly scale as your volume increases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

tommycahir wrote: »
    AUTUMN18 will get you €10 off 500l (€409.96 -> €399.96)
    HERALD18 will get you €25 off 500l (€409.96 -> €384.96)

According to the Sindo yesterday they are doing a promotion in the Evening Herald this week so I am guessing that is where the latter code comes from. If any anyone has today's Herald is there an expiry date in it for that code?

• Advertisement

Both codes working for me for Wexford

Coming in at €379-97 for 500l

€25 is a decent saving. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Just wondering - Last year I bough 1000 L for around 700 euro, the year before around 600 euro.
    I wonder how could one guess the peaks and troughs, is there a graph that shows oil prices in Ireland ?

6541 wrote: »
    Just wondering - Last year I bough 1000 L for around 700 euro, the year before around 600 euro.
    I wonder how could one guess the peaks and troughs, is there a graph that shows oil prices in Ireland ?

Here you go

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/articles/trend

mikeecho wrote: »

Thanks very much - Nearly 150 euro difference in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€20 off €500 minimum until 30/11
    Use Connacht1 online www.top.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

€25 off 500l with

Blackfri18

I have a quarter of a tank left, oil is getting hammered on the markets, I wonder when will this reflect in the Irish home heating market.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

6541 wrote: »
    I have a quarter of a tank left, oil is getting hammered on the markets, I wonder when will this reflect in the Irish home heating market.

Hammered being getting more expensive or price being hammered down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

Shamrogue wrote: »
    €25 off 500l with

Blackfri18

Do ye think this is the best Black Friday offer there will be?

Or could there be a better one tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

So 'got' 550ltrs this morning.

The docket says the start time and end time took just over 10mins. The trunk wasnt here for 10 mins. Took the day off work so I could get this delivered.
    Out of curiosity and since I had my phone on the kitchen table as the truck came up the drive, I popped on the stop watch when I saw the delivery driver bring the hose around the side of the house.

The main pumps start chugging and you can see the pipe go taut. I had to let the dog back into the house so I went out and took a glance at the display screen at the side of the truck. It says L/Min 63 - 63ltr a minute?

5 and a half minutes later, I see him running (not messing) back to the truck. Then goes back for 1 min and returns the hose. Job done. That includes going up the ladder to delivery, going down again and then back up to put the tank lid back on (nice of him).

Going by 63ltr per minute - even at 6.5 mins = ~410 ltrs

Anyone explain this? The cost was ~400 euro, I am not a tight person, but I expect to get what I pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

bunderoon wrote: »
    So 'got' 550ltrs this morning.

The docket says the start time and end time took just over 10mins. The trunk wasnt here for 10 mins. Took the day off work so I could get this delivered.
    Out of curiosity and since I had my phone on the kitchen table as the truck came up the drive, I popped on the stop watch when I saw the delivery driver bring the hose around the side of the house.

The main pumps start chugging and you can see the pipe go taut. I had to let the dog back into the house so I went out and took a glance at the display screen at the side of the truck. It says L/Min 63 - 63ltr a minute?

5 and a half minutes later, I see him running (not messing) back to the truck. Then goes back for 1 min and returns the hose. Job done. That includes going up the ladder to delivery, going down again and then back up to put the tank lid back on (nice of him).

Going by 63ltr per minute - even at 6.5 mins = ~410 ltrs

Anyone explain this? The cost was ~400 euro, I am not a tight person, but I expect to get what I pay for.

What did the docket say?

He took his time..
    I got 500L in 3min 50sec.

And I did get 500L

https://ibb.co/iZvKqV

My last del of 500l took just under 6 minutes

You just have to trust the machine that prints your docket, the machines on the truck are fairly well regulated afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Autumn 18 the only code working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Connacht1 is still working

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

morphman wrote: »

Just checked, it will work but regionally specific, won't work in Tipperary but will in Galway.

Base price is 10€ cheaper in tipperary so if you use the autumn18 code the price is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

I stopped getting home heating oil delivered, and now i buy my heating oil in ten x 25L drums in my local petrol station

There is always fuel left in the trucks fuel line, always, how many liters can stay in that long fat pipe line, is Anybodys guess, i would guess any where from 20 / 30 / 50?

When I got a delivery before in the past, I was down to my last 200 euro and skint, and the lorry driver said, hold onto that nozzle while I flush the pipe out,

And I though, If he does that for me, how many times has he done it before!

That was the last time I got my heating oil delivered, I now use the petrol pumps that I can know are routinely checked and regulated, when my drum says 25liters, I know there is 25liters in it

hearsay wrote: »
    I stopped getting home heating oil delivered, and now i buy my heating oil in ten x 25L drums in my local petrol station

There is always fuel left in the trucks fuel line, always, how many liters can stay in that long fat pipe line, is Anybodys guess, i would guess any where from 20 / 30 / 50?

When I got a delivery before in the past, I was down to my last 200 euro and skint, and the lorry driver said, hold onto that nozzle while I flush the pipe out,

And I though, If he does that for me, how many times has he done it before!

That was the last time I got my heating oil delivered, I now use the petrol pumps that I can know are routinely checked and regulated, when my drum says 25liters, I know there is 25liters in it

This is just all hearsay, hearsay

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What did the docket say?

The docket says that 552ltrs were delivered in 10 minutes.
    But he wasnt on my property 10 minutes. And as above, he wasnt anywhere near that between the the pipe been rolled out and pipe rolled back again.
    So its very hard to trust the docket..

As I said above, the meter on the truck said 65ltr/min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

hearsay wrote: »

Regulation is extremely strict with fines of €10k for any measurement offense.

There's always fuel in the line, measurement is from just inside the nozzle. Same with petrol pumps.

The closure of the feed is about 15 cm inside the nozzle.

I always find it funny when I see motorists hold the fuel line up thinking they are shaking an extra litre or so out.

As for prices, expect a 2c-3c drop this week.

Autumn 18 the only code working now

Stopped working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

vicwatson wrote:
    Stopped working

It's winter now so a winter 18 one will probably be along soon

• Advertisement

It's winter now so a winter 18 one will probably be along soon

Depends on your perspective and Winter18 isn't working(yet) ;)

Advertisement