Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Same cant fault mine 2 years on. Great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I don't even have my Note 10 anymore....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Boxfresh wrote: »
    That what I'm thinking. Battery life is still solid on this and it's a still a beast of a phone. Think I'll hold on to it for a while yet!

The main reason I decided to upgrade was my son's S7 is just about end of life (especially for the games he plays) and trying to find a replacement along the S9/S9+ wasn't much cheaper than buying Daddy the above-linked Note 10+ (with the year's warranty) and giving him my Note 9 which is still in excellent/as new shape.

Should keep him going another 2 years anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Still an amazing phone but my screen is now cracked to bits, the price of a replacement was so crazy I've never bothered replacing it , basically the price of a semi-decent new phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well after over 2 years of ownership I have moved on to the note 20 ultra, no particular reason only I wanted to have a newer phone and the screen on the ultra looked fab also the camera is excellent.

It's testament to the note 9 that it's the longest I have ever kept a phone and it will easily plough on for another couple of years for whoever gets it next. Battery still lasting a day and super fast. Definitely my favourite phone but I think the 20 is a worthy upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well after over 2 years of ownership I have moved on to the note 20 ultra, no particular reason only I wanted to have a newer phone and the screen on the ultra looked fab also the camera is excellent.

It's testament to the note 9 that it's the longest I have ever kept a phone and it will easily plough on for another couple of years for whoever gets it next. Battery still lasting a day and super fast. Definitely my favourite phone but I think the 20 is a worthy upgrade.

Agress the note 9 im typing this post on is the longest handset I've ever owned - is still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Agress the note 9 im typing this post on is the longest handset I've ever owned - is still going strong.

Yeah it's an amazing phone I'm gonna put mine up for sale tomorrow so hopefully it will go quick.

So the battery on my note 9 is starting to drain quickly - not overusing it too much h but its not lasting anywhere near a day now.

Apart from that the phone is still great (well the apple 13 Pro i got for work is tempting as is the Samsung folding screen phone) lol.

Wonder if its worth replacing the battery with this place, they seem Samsung authorised and are nearby as it happens.

Anyone any experience or any other suggestions?

https://www.fonfix.ie/products/samsung-note9-repair

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

I had Fonfix replace my battery through a warranty repair , they replaced the screen, battery and charging port last year. It was a very smooth process and would have no issue recommending them.

Does anyone know what else could be taking up my memory...the amounts don't add up to 125GB 🤔🤔

Even under advanced it's not clear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My Note 9 is still going strong as my son's phone and like you, I have since moved on the the Note 20 Ultra.

One word of caution with these - there is a known issue with burn-in it seems. Mine has developed it but it's not noticeable outside of dark screens - seems to be a rectangle where the fingerprint sensor would be. There's various posts on the web about it.

Haven't done anything about it as it's minor to me and also mine is not an EU model.

Advertisement