Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options
  • 09-08-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Another year another Note.
    The Note 9 just launched today and it looks quite solid. Seems like they're keeping the price from last year's model, which is a nice break from the ever inflating flagship prices.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/smartphones/galaxy-note9/

Has anyone heard when it'll launch in Ireland? Also, I've seen the US consumers gets a choice between Fortnite in-game credits or a pair of noise cancelling AKG headphones. I hope that offer is global because I need a better pair of wireless headphones! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Prices are going up and up give it a year or two and phones will be €1500. Its around $1250 in the states for the 512gb model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

You can pre order on Amazon UK and they deliver to Ireland. I'm tempted TBH. It would have to be the 512gb version because of 8GB ram. I have a S9+ with 6GB ram and it's a very snappy phone even compared to my iPhone X with some of the apps. It will be a beast with 8gb of ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Looks brilliant but I don't know if I'd buy it until I see what the Pixel 3 is like. Won't be too long to wait though and it's definitely top of the list for the annual upgrade so far.

Pixel 3 is supposed to have a very ugly notch, maybe i'm wrong but the pixel would want to be very special to come close to a 9.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Pixel 3 is supposed to have a very ugly notch, maybe i'm wrong but the pixel would want to be very special to come close to a 9.

The XL is supposed to have one. It's the 3 I want to wait and see about, not that a notch would bother me anyway.

The S-pen is really appealing though.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if samsung UK post to Ireland or do you need parcel motel etc?

Does anyone know if samsung UK post to Ireland or do you need parcel motel etc?

They haven't done in the past anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Patww79 wrote: »

The S-pen is really appealing though.
    Why? You'll never use it.

Thargor wrote: »
    Why? You'll never use it.

It would be handy for me, often have to pull over and write details down and can never find a piece of paper or pen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Use your finger in one of the millions of note taking apps!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I suspect the 8GB version is going to be hard to find in this country?

What's my best option if i want something delivered direct to work or home?

ChopShop wrote: »

One of the mainland Europe Amazon's probably.

Don't know if it's enough of an upgrade over my Note 8. The only thing I'm truly wanting from the 9 is the 4000mAh battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I wonder how it will compare to the S9+. I'm looking forward to taking a look when it launches, having recently gone ago to android I was tempted by the note 8 but went with the S9+ due to the better battery.

Might be tempted to offload the S9 and buy the note..

Basil3 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's enough of an upgrade over my Note 8. The only thing I'm truly wanting from the 9 is the 4000mAh battery.

it's a fair upgrade, faster processors along with a better cooling system and 8gb ram. Will be very quick and smooth..

ChopShop wrote: »

There you go ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-6-4-Inch-Android-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Ocean-Blue/dp/B07G3CW94L/ref=sr_tr_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1533849716&sr=8-7&keywords=samsung+note+9

it's a fair upgrade, faster processors along with a better cooling system and 8gb ram. Will be very quick and smooth..

It's been years since I've had a flagship that wasn't quick and smooth. I just don't think the processor and RAM improvements would be noticeable in day-to-day use.

I also assume we're getting the Exynos chip rather than the SD 845 again?

It's been years since I've had a flagship that wasn't quick and smooth. I just don't think the processor and RAM improvements would be noticeable in day-to-day use.

Exynos 9810 for Europe.

I used an S8 for a while before getting an iPhone X and now i have a S9+. I never took to the S8 because i found it a little stuttery and not the smoothest but "ok" a lot of the time, especially coming from an iPhone 7. However i find the S9+ a lot better. It even opens the apps that i mostly use snappier than they do on my iPhone X. They nailed it with the S9+ excellent phone.

3 are offering €150 off the prepay version if you pre-order (Down to €800 after discount). They must be expecting sluggish sales?

No mention of the 8gb version tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Jesus I thought it was 800 minus the 150 for a second, my heart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerd4

Any get the virgin mobile email of the phone for 269 up front on a 24 mon contract and a free galaxy smart watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Used one briefly earlier yesterday.
    Impressively light and svelte was my impression.
    Used to have a Note. But to be honest looking back for me the pen was a novelty. I don't miss it at all now... even though I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thinking of taking a chance on the deal from Virgin especially if it's the new galaxy watch their giving with it..

Are any Irish networks offering the 512GB version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Where is the virgin media offer? Can’t find it on the website.

I don’t think Ireland is getting the 512 at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Where is the virgin media offer? Can’t find it on the website.

458070.jpeg

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/phone-and-sim/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Weird, when I click your clink it takes me to a general billpay phone page with an image at the top saying free gift with Galaxy Note 9 when per-ordered but when i go through process of pre-ordering there's no mention of the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

It seems like that Watch deal is already gone at Virgin Mobile? Now the home page banner says "get a gift if you pre-order", but there's absolutely no mention of it on the product or check-out pages. :confused:

• Advertisement

Definitely a good deal if it is still being offered. I swore I'd never go back on contract, but it is tempting.

Advertisement