Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Been a while since this thread was active but just to let fellow owners know, Android 10 is now being released for this it seems - my dual sim version offered it to me tonight following a manual check.

Curious to see how it looks :)

Nice one. Just checked my dual sim but no update. Will check again every hour until it does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nice one. Just checked my dual sim but no update. Will check again every hour until it does :)

Nothing at the moment for my 3 version, hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Nothing for my BTU 3 single SIM either.

Looking forward to the update. This is the longest I've had the same phone in over a decade, still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭65535

Nothing yet on Virgin Media / Vodafone Dual SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not sure you're missing anything lads. So far I've yet to notice any real groundbreaking improvements. Few tweaks here and there but that's about it.

I have noticed though that it seems a bit sluggish switching between apps or unlocking occasionally. It partly broke my theme, and do not disturb functionality seems to be acting up in that it's not disabling as scheduled.

Half tempted to roll back to be honest. I had zero issues with the previous builds. Your mileage may vary depending on what you use, launcher etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

I'm with 3 mobile, so I'll be looking forward to it sometime around the summer.... :)
    Though I must admit they have been a smidgen faster with pushing updates the last few months. Got the December security patch in December(!).

Mine usually updates around 16th of every month so I guess this won't be any different.

Dex desktop is meant to be better on it if it's anything like it is on my tab s6 it will be awesome.

I've rolled back... the noticable lag I experienced being the main reason.

I didn't do a reset etc before taking that step, so that might have made a difference but I think I'll wait a bit longer.

One UI 2 update showing on my unlocked single SIM Note 9 purchased from 3

Already worth it for the dark theme to Gmail alone

How do people find the update , i'm still waiting for the OTA update on my Note 9 (Three Network).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Basil3 wrote: »
    ...Already worth it for the dark theme to Gmail alone

Jaysus I didn't know there was a dark theme for Gmail until you mentioned it!:eek:

Nice one!

Trying to update the Note 9 manually , and it will not connect to My iMac or windows PC. I have the USB default config set to transfer files, not sure what im doing wrong.

Im using Smart Switch the latest version on both OS'.

Just update mine there... Looks OK, not many differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭65535

65535 wrote: »
    Nothing yet on Virgin Media / Vodafone Dual SIM

Dual SIM updated today 21st
    Others with Single SIM not updated - (Virgin Media)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Update arrived on my 3 mobile phone today/night. \o/

Update arrived on my 3 mobile phone today/night. \o/

As did mine , not a whole lot of differences.

Possibly looking at upgrading to the S20 Ultra, any thoughts on going from a Note 9 to the Ultra. My Note 9 has started to slow down for me and battery performance is pretty poor.

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Possibly looking at upgrading to the S20 Ultra, any thoughts on going from a Note 9 to the Ultra. My Note 9 has started to slow down for me and battery performance is pretty poor.

Mine is still going pretty strong, and I'd be a fairly heavy user. Have you tried a factory reset?

Personally, the only Sammy I'd upgrade to is the new Note later this year. If I was going away from the S-Pen etc, I'd probably just go for a completely different brand, especially with what the Ultra costs.

Mine is still going pretty strong, and I'd be a fairly heavy user. Have you tried a factory reset?

Personally, the only Sammy I'd upgrade to is the new Note later this year. If I was going away from the S-Pen etc, I'd probably just go for a completely different brand, especially with what the Ultra costs.

Just spoke to Samsung Support and i can get the battery replaced free of charge as its within warranty. I find myself charging it a lot during the day. Went from 100% to 80% within an hour of very light usage this morning. I love the phone but it is starting to show signs of age.

I have not tried a factory reset , when it comes back from repair i may resort to that if its the same performance as it was before the repair.

Just spoke to Samsung Support and i can get the battery replaced free of charge as its within warranty. I find myself charging it a lot during the day. Went from 100% to 80% within an hour of very light usage this morning. I love the phone but it is starting to show signs of age.

I have not tried a factory reset , when it comes back from repair i may resort to that if its the same performance as it was before the repair.

I'd be surprised if they don't wipe it as part of the process - hope you have a backup.

Mine is still lasting about a day most days but good to know the warranty covers that. I'd have thought it would fall under wear and tear unless a really dramatic loss.

Maybe they are being overly cautious with battery claims after the Note 7 debacle.

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they don't wipe it as part of the process - hope you have a backup.

Mine is still lasting about a day most days but good to know the warranty covers that. I'd have thought it would fall under wear and tear unless a really dramatic loss.

Maybe they are being overly cautious with battery claims after the Note 7 debacle.

Phone just arrived back from repair its like new. Battery replaced, charging port replaced as well as all tactile buttons back to full functioning order as they tended to stick a little when pressed. Took 3 days from collection courier to back in my hand.

Thankfully backed the phone up before i sent it off.

Looking at the S20 forum, people who have received their new phones have the impression the phones are a bit "meh". Think i will wait for something with a bit more of a change. I'm hoping the Note 20 as a potential.

Anyone had issues with the fingerprint scanner. Mine has just randomly stopped working. Cant access it in the settings at all. Any help appreciated.

Anyone had issues with the fingerprint scanner. Mine has just randomly stopped working. Cant access it in the settings at all. Any help appreciated.

Did you manage to fix this? Seems like a hardware fault, there is a menu you can access to test things like that. Otherwise, a reset of the phone might do the trick.

On another note, just received April 1st security update, along with improvements to the camera.

Did you manage to fix this? Seems like a hardware fault, there is a menu you can access to test things like that. Otherwise, a reset of the phone might do the trick.

On another note, just received April 1st security update, along with improvements to the camera.

Unfortunately i did not, i've tested with that hidden menu and factory reset the device with no luck. I have also updated it to the latest April security patch. I imagine the fingerprint scanner would be covered under warranty(if anyone could clarify that from experience)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Got the One UI 2.1 update this morning, a bit over 1GB.

Changelog is supposed to be here, but can't see it yet:
    https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N960F/BTU/doc.html

Main features:
    - AR Emoji
    - New camera features
    - Gallery
    - Samsung keyboard
    - Quick share
    - Music share

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

That's weird I just manually checked and it's not available for me yet

Got it also.

Dual sim devices seem to get updates just before carrier's devices.

• Advertisement

Changelog has now been posted on the link above:
    AR Emoji
    - AR Emoji has been updated with improvements like a manual editing feature and enhanced facial expression recognition.
    ※ As AR Emoji has been updated to a new version, all previously saved AR emojis will be deleted when you next open the AR Emoji app.

New Camera features
    - Various menus, modes, and filters have been added, such as AR Zone, Single take, Pro video, My filters, Selfie tone, and improved night mode.

Gallery
    - Similar images are now grouped together for a more organised viewing experience.
    - A feature has been added that allows you to merge multiple different groups of albums into one group, or merge different groups and albums into one group.
    - An improved search feature has been added to find pictures based on information such As the time or place pictures were taken.
    - The Quick crop function has been added to enlarge and crop parts of high resolution images.

Samsung keyboard
    - A multilingual translation feature has been added.
    - A feature has been added for searching for Various items, such As emojis and stickers, at one time.
    - A text undo/redo feature has been added.
    (Swipe two fingers left or right on the keyboard.)
    - An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.

Quick Share
    - Files can now be quickly and easily shared with nearby Samsung devices using Quick Share.

Music Share
    - Music Share now lets you share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.

Advertisement