Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Basil3 wrote: »
    Got that on 3 a week or two ago. Does it have the camera update?

Interesting that those of us who bought through 3 on release have BTU devices, and get updates ahead of those who probably purchased through 3 a bit later, when they have made their changes to the ROM.

Mine was an international version, flashed to 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just got July patch this morning. Not sure if it had anything exciting included.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just got July patch this morning. Not sure if it had anything exciting included.

Just security, afaik. Received mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just bought a Note 9 UK model (Exynos) £499 on Amazon(from Amazon direct)

Have a Note 4 which still works due to swap-able batteries, but beginning to show its age and not seen a security update in two years.

So is the battery life compared to Snapdragon really bad, or just the Internet being the Internet :P?

A lot of people on Reddit & XDA claiming it is.

Thought i would ask you guys here.

Cheers Note 9 users

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Just bought a Note 9 UK model (Exynos) £499 on Amazon(from Amazon direct)

Have a Note 4 which still works due to swap-able batteries, but beginning to show its age and not seen a security update in two years.

So is the battery life compared to Snapdragon really bad, or just the Internet being the Internet :P?

A lot of people on Reddit & XDA claiming it is.

Thought i would ask you guys here.

Cheers Note 9 users

I find it good, a definite step up from the Note 8. The only way you're going to find out is to see how it goes with your usage patterns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I find it good.

Thank you Basil3.

3.5 - 4 hours, Screen on time with auto brightness on(probably 50%), is what i am used to, so hopeful for 6 or 7.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Thank you Basil3.

3.5 - 4 hours, Screen on time with auto brightness on(probably 50%), is what i am used to, so hopeful for 6 or 7.

I always take screenshots of screen on time when i get a new device. Last year, I was hitting over 8 hours with the Note 9, but that would have been mainly on WiFi and in the house. I wouldn't say I get that any more, have a load of apps on my device, and outside with the screen going to full brightness quite often.

Just got another update with July security patches and camera improvement. I'm pretty sure I already had the July security patch.

From reading online the camera improvement is a fix for issues some people were having with the new Night Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Just got another update with July security patches and camera improvement. I'm pretty sure I already had the July security patch.

From reading online the camera improvement is a fix for issues some people were having with the new Night Mode.

Have you noticed any difference yourself with the fix?

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Have you noticed any difference yourself with the fix?

Na. I think some people couldn't save the image created with the Night Mode, but I've never had that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mine was updated there again too. Seems exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I have the phone and on one of the eligible plans and it still doesn't work.

Maybe it only works with phones using VF firmware. I didn't buy my Note 9 from them so it's not. Not a big deal to reflash it though.

Anyone here have it working on a non-VF supplied handset?

Not a Note 9 but i bought a S10+ from Argos with BTU software region and Vodafone wifi calling works flawlesly.

Very happy with my Note 9 , is the Note 10+ a worthy upgrade? I'm not entirely convinced

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Very happy with my Note 9 , is the Note 10+ a worthy upgrade? I'm not entirely convinced

Likewise, got an email from Samsung today about the upgrade offer but am not convinced.

I dont see many advantages of the 10 over the 9.
    Maybe if going for the 5g version, for some future proofing.
    No preorder offers.
    No good trade in.
    No freebies with it.
    losing headphone jack (if only samsung had some nice bluetooth headphones they could have thrown in with this....)
    no dongle to replace the headphone jack ( come on.....)
    no microsd for expandable storage
    no new looks (not necessarelily bad)
    No secure face unlock
    s10 was treated better on launch, with able to claim free galaxy buds?
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-s10-offer/
    nothing on note 10

https://www.samsung.com/ie/smartphones/galaxy-note10/ (note the lack of offer suffix!)

Just got August security patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just got August security patch
    What network?

What network?

3, on BTU firmware

weird im on 3, still nothing. Had been international duo, flashed to 3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got it last week as well, bought mine from Samsung

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Got the August 1 patch from Three today.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I couldn't tell you the last time I updated my Note 9. There seems to be updates all the time.

There's only 1 thing I want fixed and that's my camera going all blurry and the phone making a weird noise when I zoom in to something.
    Apparently its a really common issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone have issues with the charging port? Since last night it feels loose and the cables are not as tight.

Tried a few and the same thing. Fast charging is intermittent with one of them.

I've owned a lot of phones and never had this problem. Are USB C ports not as durable? Google suggests its not an unknown problem with these either but Samsung seem to deny all responsibility.

I'm guessing it's probably pointless logging it as a fault as it'll just mean posting it back and forth to be told "user damage" anyway.

Anyone else experience this?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with the charging port? Since last night it feels loose and the cables are not as tight.

Tried a few and the same thing. Fast charging is intermittent with one of them.

I've owned a lot of phones and never had this problem. Are USB C ports not as durable? Google suggests its not an unknown problem with these either but Samsung seem to deny all responsibility.

I'm guessing it's probably pointless logging it as a fault as it'll just mean posting it back and forth to be told "user damage" anyway.

Anyone else experience this?

Never had any issues with any of my USB-C devices, always found micro USB much less durable. Have you tried cleaning out the port? You may have jammed a cable in when there was something stuck in there.

This is a given. We were always going to get two Android version updates.

The question is whether we get it in 2019 or 2020.

This is a given. We were always going to get two Android version updates.

The question is whether we get it in 2019 or 2020.

I'm hopeful of it being in 2019, the monthly updates have been very consistent.

Just got an update with September security patches and improvements to camera performance.

Not exactly sure what the changes are with the camera.

Got the September Update , on Three network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Been a while since this thread was active but just to let fellow owners know, Android 10 is now being released for this it seems - my dual sim version offered it to me tonight following a manual check.

Curious to see how it looks :)

Advertisement