Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Mr Velo wrote: »
    The new S20 FE 5G is Snapdragon variant.

Interesting. From a quick glance everything else (screen, camera etc.) is just a little bit worse than the other models though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

brainiac wrote: »
    Interesting. From a quick glance everything else (screen, camera etc.) is just a little bit worse than the other models though.

https://twitter.com/adrianweckler/status/1313482521762500610?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You'd pick up a brand new S20 for around 650...don't know why anyone would pick the FE over it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Pacifico wrote: »
    You'd pick up a brand new S20 for around 650...don't know why anyone would pick the FE over it

How are people selling these so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Pacifico wrote: »

S20+ are creeping into that territory too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I picked up an S20 + 5g dual sim on ebay from a UK seller for 595 euro last week. Just set it up yesterday. Seems like a great phone but not a mega jump from my Huawei Mate 20 Pro, although that was an exceptional phone. Screen has a couple of tiny scratches but I can't tell if there's a preinstalled screen protector or not. It also came with the official LED cover. It's pretty cool if a little gimmicky.

One great feature that I'll hopefully get to use once this covid sh1t show is over is the esim. You can download apps from the play store to shop for the best data deals from around the world and then install them on the esim, e.g. they have USA plans for 10gb for 30 days etc. and you don't have to fiddle around with local sims or anything. You can obviously keep your normal sim running as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just in case anyone is interested. I got the October security patch today, on my factory bought S20 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

bazzz wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested. I got the October security patch today, on my factory bought S20 Ultra.

Yeah just got it there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Where are the best deals at the moment on an S20+ 5G?

Which model number(s) should I look for - seems to be quite a few and I want to make sure it works with Three Ireland.

I would consider an FE too if there was a saving.

I have been looking at eGlobal etc but no idea which model works here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thumbpilot wrote: »

Which model number(s) should I look for - seems to be quite a few and I want to make sure it works with Three Ireland.

Bought off this guy 10+ times for friends and family over the years. Never any trouble and meets in person or can post

http://www.adverts.ie/21752871

• Advertisement

Thumbpilot wrote: »

Purchased an s20 plus on wonda mobile, I know they do the snapdragon s20 version also for a good price. Will give an update when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 alannoone

Anyone think there will be a drop in the S20 (5g variant) for black friday/cyber monday?
    Its at a relatively low price already on eglobal, but i would be willing to hold out for another month if there was going to be an expected drop.

What is eglobal usually like for black friday/cyber monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

S20 (Non-5G) is down to 580 on Amazon.de...today and tomorrow only! Decent price, especially from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone on Three using 5G? Worth €5 a month?

I can't even find the add on for it.

Purchased an s20 plus on wonda mobile, I know they do the snapdragon s20 version also for a good price. Will give an update when it arrives.

Just to follow up on this, my phone arrived today. Ordered on the 9th.Phone was sealed with UK official charger. Has the snapdragon chipset.

Pe8uhBB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

I was tempted to go this route but chickened out beacuse the warranty is outside the EU .

What did it cost you ?

They are reliable enough to deal with from what I understand.

Barr wrote: »
    I was tempted to go this route but chickened out beacuse the warranty is outside the EU .

What did it cost you ?

They are reliable enough to deal with from what I understand.

837 all in. I assume they are third party companies that can do repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I was using my mobile hotspot and got a regular phone call. The 4G dropped down to H+ , which is 3G I guess?

But then all mobile data suddenly just went. There was nothing on the notification bar, not even 1G. Is this normal? Shouldn't it stay at at least 3G during a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Samsung password manager is extremely handy. However for the millionth time I've gone to a website on my laptop and can't remember the password because I signed up on my phone.

Doing the 'forgot password' thing is getting boring.

Does anybody here use LastPass or some other password manager instead of Samsung's built in one? How is it? Does it work with all your apps across your devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Does anybody here use LastPass or some other password manager instead of Samsung's built in one? How is it? Does it work with all your apps across your devices?
    Bitwarden is excellent. Open source and works across platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

My camera screen at the back of my phone cracked today. The phone has been in an otterbox defender from day one.
    I've seen quotes as high as €400 to get the camera screen replaced.

I do not have the phone insured and Samsung say its not covered by the warrenty (even though there are thousands of people with the same complaint).

Has anyone here had to have the camera screen replaced.

If so where did you get it done and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone else having issues with the finger print scanner the last few days?

Mine is basically unusable, I'm lucky if it works after 3 tries ,more often I have to enter the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the finger print scanner the last few days?

Mine is basically unusable, I'm lucky if it works after 3 tries ,more often I have to enter the pin.

No issues here. Are you using your own screen protector? Or the factory applied one? Have you tried resetting your prints and setting it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Not using any screen protector but will try resetting the prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Anyone here order the S20+ 5g from eglobal for 630? All it says is G986 model, can't tell if it's Snapdragon or exynos, it can be either depending on whatever letters after. Just wondering as I ordered it today and hoping it might be snapdragon, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone receive the November update with Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

BatMaths wrote: »
    Anyone here order the S20+ 5g from eglobal for 630? All it says is G986 model, can't tell if it's Snapdragon or exynos, it can be either depending on whatever letters after. Just wondering as I ordered it today and hoping it might be snapdragon, thanks

You’d be extremely lucky to get anything from that gang this time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Getting a moisture detected message for a week now without ever getting the phone wet.

What are my chances of getting a repair/replacement?

I ordered direct from Samsung. Will they need me to give the phone then get a replacement or will I get one sent out turn I have to send the broken phone? As I think I remember reading here that they send one out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Have you tried cleaning out the port? Very gently with a tooth pick, and see if you can get a can of compressed air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

You’d be extremely lucky to get anything from that gang this time of the year

well, oops. I'll give it a few days and then just request a refund and chargeback I guess. Thanks

Advertisement