Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

is_that_so wrote: »
    You really are a drama queen. There was no risk to life and limb so get over yourself. The street in question is very close to the Garda station. Yeah it is a much ado, any Saturday night can involve similar types of anti-social behaviour.

No risk to life but it's ok to reef a Garda from eye to chin. I see. My last with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No risk to life but it's ok to reef a Garda from eye to chin. I see. My last with you.
    I can't say it's any loss to me. You have a nice life now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The actual problem is anti-social behaviour, under resourced police force & lack of prison space which leads to non-sentences.

The skin colour of any of the myriad scumbags around Ireland does not matter.
    Hope the cop is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You really are a drama queen. There was no risk to life and limb so get over yourself. The street in question is very close to the Garda station. Yeah it is a much ado, any Saturday night can involve similar types of anti-social behaviour.

Sure it is only kicks to the head from 5 lads.

No big deal.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The actual problem is anti-social behaviour, under resourced police force & lack of prison space which leads to non-sentences.

The skin colour of any of the myriad scumbags around Ireland does not matter.
    Hope the cop is okay.
    Prison space is not going to help with this age group. Minor injury despite the lots of blood hysteria. Louth Meath was under-resourced but they sent 25 newbies from Templemore to Drogheda.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Sure it is only kicks to the head from 5 lads.

No big deal.
    Well five lads can do that anywhere but it's only likely to be of interest to locals. As an incident it really is nothing, behaviourwise unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

MrFresh wrote: »
    Because their parents don't provide any kind of authoritative control at home and so, when they encounter Gardaí, they don't have any respect for the authority they have.

Unlikely, it wouldn't be reported anywhere. Garda assaults simply don't make the news very often.

It seems to only cause outrage when black kids are involved. The last stats showed that between two and three Gardaí are injured per day. Where's the outrage? In the last few weeks, two Gardaí have been dragged along by cars. Where are the threads full of these folks concerned for Gardaí?

But im not outraged just as i am not surprised. It seems to be you are the outraged one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Because their parents don't provide any kind of authoritative control at home and so, when they encounter Gardaí, they don't have any respect for the authority they have.

Unlikely, it wouldn't be reported anywhere. Garda assaults simply don't make the news very often.

Its your opinion so.

It seems to only cause outrage when black kids are involved. The last stats showed that between two and three Gardaí are injured per day. Where's the outrage? In the last few weeks, two Gardaí have been dragged along by cars. Where are the threads full of these folks concerned for Gardaí?

Did you check who was involved in the dragging of the guards last week?

Prison space is not going to help with this age group. Minor injury despite the lots of blood hysteria. Louth Meath was under-resourced but they sent 25 newbies from Templemore to Drogheda.

More youth detention space.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Did you check who was involved in the dragging of the guards last week?
    Drug dealers/makers. https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-dublin-8-arrest-4749013-Aug2019/

• Advertisement

If it was 1 random teenager attacking a Guard I'd understand, but a gang that's not general anti- social behavior, that's a new issue. Its the fact they seem to hangout in such big numbers, you don't see generally Irish kids of 13 hanging out with 17 year olds.

Not true.
    Older gangs usually use the younger kids to do the dirty as they can't be touched.

More youth detention space.
    They tend to avoid detention save for those perceived to be really bad ones. Despite the offence this one might cause it wouldn't count.

They tend to avoid detention save for those perceived to be really bad ones. Despite the offence this one might cause it wouldn't count.

They avoid detention because there isn't enough space.

Not true.
    Older gangs usually use the younger kids to do the dirty as they can't be touched.
    There is currently discussion on how to legally address this. I've seen some suggestions that they may try to tie it into child abuse legislation.

They avoid detention because there isn't enough space.
    Generally not that simple. They don't lock up every juvenile miscreant, they never have. Intervention is favoured where possible. Once they are over 16 they are potentially exposed to the adult system and that stops quite a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

A Garda being assaulted has never happened before?

No.
    The fact that a well known 'gang' whom are causing trouble for quite some time now with apparent immunity hopefully this event might be a catalyst for some change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

A few lads are discussing this incident over and another site also.

https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/garda-attacked-in-drogheda-by-balbriggan-gang.31722/

Interesting to get another perspective.

Not true.

I don't ever see it, its drug gangs that use younger kids, this isn't a drug gang, very rare to see you g Irish kids hanging out with older kids.

Interesting to get another perspective.

Interesting comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

The Gardai do not try and sentence suspects. The judiciary are failing the Gardai with suspended sentences recently for assaults on them.

A lot of the judges in this country live in some sort of unicorn,rainbow land not connected to reality.

I know. But maybe a little 'firmer' treatment of these scumbags before it gets to sentencing is maybe what's needed.

• Advertisement

Generally not that simple. They don't lock up every juvenile miscreant, they never have. Intervention is favoured where possible. Once they are over 16 they are potentially exposed to the adult system and that stops quite a lot of them.

I undertsand that but for the likes of this assault, detention and loss of liberty should be pretty much assured.
    And that's not even taking into account the victim was a cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Ah the ‘New Irish ‘ for any off you who wants to see your future just type in ‘Apex Gang’ into YouTube and see what our Australian friends have been dealing with!
    Now imagine Leo’s Ireland 2040 plan to bring in another 660,000 ‘New Irish’ and then add the UN’s ‘Replacement Migrantion plan’ where the plan is migration of up to 1 million per year into Ireland and you’ll soon reliase...... we are F**ked!

Inb4 “you’re racists’ “Replacement Migration plan” signed by 127 countries on the 12th of December 2018 in Marikesh, Morocco.

What nationalities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Gardaí have been up against this kind of stuff for a long time. Why is it suddenly such a big issue when black kids are involved?

Because we had no legal / EU obligation to take in Africans.
    They were allowed in to attempt to have a better life and they are biting the hand that feeds them.

I've been directly attacked by an African myself, he didn't even probation... nothing.

The problem is only going to get worse when you hear some of the pathetic liberal apologists here.

Interesting comments
    Oh yeah, thoughtful as ever!

What nationalities?
    Well, I see drug dealers so I say scumbag!

What nationalities?

Brazilian? Going by their names in paper.

I undertsand that but for the likes of this assault, detention and loss of liberty should be pretty much assured.
    And that's not even taking into account the victim was a cop.
    This would probably be classified as a public order offence, as the linked article states. Those things get a withering word from the judge and a rap on the knuckles at most.

This would probably be classified as a public order offence, as the linked article states. Those things get a withering word from the judge and a rap on the knuckles at most.

How??
    Seriously, it's violent assault.
    And on a frontline member of the police force!

• Advertisement

How??
    Seriously, it's violent assault.
    And on a frontline member of the police force!
    From that article.
    Gardaí attended an incident of Public Order on West St Drogheda. The incident involving a large group of people, occurred on the 9th August 2019 at approximately 9.30pm at a premises and continued onto West St.

From that article.

Feck the article.
    It is plainly assault on the cop.

This is where we go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

New Irish.

theliberal.ie

Feck the article.

That quote is from Gardai.
    Public Order Act covers a whole lot of things.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_offences/public_order_offenses_in_ireland.html

Brazilian? Going by their names in paper.

Yes my point is immigrants have no respect for the guards. Even fat Freddie wouldn't have done that, if this was a Polish gang I'd be as angry its the fact the state gives them souch and this is how they treat the country, similar how I have sympathy for Australians when Irish scum act the bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Have you ever been to either? Reports on this suggest they were not local.

Live in Navan and work in Drogheda so I kinda know them both well

• Advertisement

Feck the article.

Look don't be silly this is only a minor disturbance.
    Also there was no gang it was just a group of lads that were acting a bit silly a quick word from the local sergeant and I am sure these boys will be sent to bed early without any supper.

That Guards have real problems to deal with without people like you trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Lots of people not paying their TV licence plus lots of people saying naughty things on social media.

Sure the other forum I like to visit Political Irish is great but a lot of people there are saying naughty things the horror.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

That statistic is racist. It should be banned.

I don't know about racist but the statistic is totally made up

Back to Africa please.

doylefe wrote:
    Off back with their non-working parents to the Congo.

You do realise that you can't do that to Irish born citizens? This is the very reason why we have to take back the Irish isis bride and her child. Her child wasn't even born in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

alta stare wrote: »
    But im not outraged just as i am not surprised. It seems to be you are the outraged one.

I'm pretty pissed off alright. Gardaí been getting hammered all over the place for ages and now you've got the usual racists trying to use this incident to push their anti black agenda.

Because we had no legal / EU obligation to take in Africans.
    They were allowed in to attempt to have a better life and they are biting the hand that feeds them.

I've been directly attacked by an African myself, he didn't even probation... nothing.

The problem is only going to get worse when you hear some of the pathetic liberal apologists here.

So basically what you are saying is that black people committing crimes is more heinous because we were benevolent enough to let the people they descended from into our country. I bet you don't think that you are racist either.

I'm not excusing any violence but the pubs licence needs to be looked at too. A golden rule is never ever take 18th birthday party bookings unless you have assurances from older family members. An unsupervised 18th birthday party organised by an 18 year old will typically have a huge amount of underaged drinkers. Management seems to have allowed it to become a rave rather than a birthday party

• Advertisement

If the laws change it could be done

My preference is the criminal and their entire family are sent back

It’ll make these clowns think twice before even dropping a crisp packet on the street

How many generations of a family would you punish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

5 released without charge

It’ll make these clowns think twice before even dropping a crisp packet on the street

So racist.:mad:

Just because an entire family is on welfare and their children are causing havoc you think we as a nation are not enriched.:confused:

People like you saying mean things about these children when all they really need is a youth club and a Playstation each.

We need to increase levels of welfare to help these people fit in better and if they commit a crime move them to a bigger house.

Before long they will realise how nice we are and they will feel guilty and start working the butts off to thank us.

Just think areas like Foxrock have so much to offer and I am sure these people would thrive in areas like that.:)

See that is the real problem with immigration we have not fully embraced the enrichment setting up welcome centres in posh areas would show our new arrivals a lifestyle to aspire to.

Areas like Foxrock are pale and stale I am sure the residents already living there would be delighted to give these people a guiding hand.

Putting our new arrivals in social housing in areas that already have high unemployment is racist anyway.

Maybe somebody like Pat Kenny could get onboard with this and show us all by example.
    Dublin 4 has a lot to teach us all.

Absolutely not racist

How dare you

I happen to think that if ANYONE comes to settle in Ireland they should face deportation if convicted.

Read carefully what I have written.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,647 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Should you be punished if your brother/sister/father/mother commits a crime?

The parents and siblings and any of their kids

So three generations of a family punished for the actions of one person born. I think North Korea runs a similar policy.

Should you be punished if your brother/sister/father/mother commits a crime?

Logically, he believes he should be deported to Africa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Wir ziehen uns die Stiefel an
    Und schnren sie uns zu
    Rasieren unsere Kpfe
    Und schlagen sie uns ein
    Das ist ein Skinhead
    Wartend auf den Kampf
    Skinheads, Skinheads
    Ziehen durch die Stadt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,647 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If u are a migrant and know the rules then yes

I would make sure the new laws were published and make it clear what will happen if a migrant is found guilty in court after due process

But if they are born in Ireland they are not migrants they are irish citizens who happen to be the children of migrants.

So what we have in your little racist fantasy world is

1. Irish teen breaks the law
    2. Teen goes to court and is found guilty.
    3. Teen is deported to another country.
    4. Teens parents, siblings, nieces, nephews are all deported with him as extra punishment?

nthclare wrote: »
    Wir ziehen uns die Stiefel an
    Und schnren sie uns zu
    Rasieren unsere Kpfe
    Und schlagen sie uns ein
    Das ist ein Skinhead
    Wartend auf den Kampf
    Skinheads, Skinheads
    Ziehen durch die Stadt

161.jpg

• Advertisement