Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I'm in - 4th and centimetres. Cheers for the reminder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

The draft will be Thursday 30th August @ 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

its on like donkey kong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Was feeling pretty good about this year with Eli, Larry Fitz, Jordy Nelson and Ryan Matthews as my keepers, and then Matthews goes and breaks his clavicle after one carry. Wondering now if I should ditch him and go with Demaryius Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

fisgon wrote: »
    Was feeling pretty good about this year with Eli, Larry Fitz, Jordy Nelson and Ryan Matthews as my keepers, and then Matthews goes and breaks his clavicle after one carry. Wondering now if I should ditch him and go with Demaryius Thomas?

Some pretty good keepers there. Unlucky with Mathews. Think my keepers are D. McFadden, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Antonio Gates and possibly Meachem/Green-Ellis. Probably swaying towards Meachem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

gonna keep brady and turner for deffo then prob mcgahee and deangelo williams

How tough is it to get a decent QB in the draft given the fact that most people will try and hold on to their good QBs. Originally I was going to let Fitzpatrick go but I don't know if I can afford to.

Raoul wrote: »
    How tough is it to get a decent QB in the draft given the fact that most people will try and hold on to their good QBs. Originally I was going to let Fitzpatrick go but I don't know if I can afford to.

I imagine RG3 will be the number one pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

At least 10 QBs starting that will be on the board and then you factor in those backups dropped by other teams. Plenty of good QBs to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

I will keep Aaron Rogers obviously and Ahmad Bradshaw becuase of the dearth of talent/certainty at this position. Will probably keep Dez Bryant and Jeremy Maclin but not sure. Looking at it now, forgotr how hard the 16 team leagues are. 10 team mocks make it look so easy!!

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    I will keep Aaron Rogers obviously and Ahmad Bradshaw becuase of the dearth of talent/certainty at this position. Will probably keep Dez Bryant and Jeremy Maclin but not sure. Looking at it now, forgotr how hard the 16 team leagues are. 10 team mocks make it look so easy!!

Yeah thats why I am worried about not having even an ok QB as one of my keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

I would keep Fitzpatrick. He will start all 16 games and at least be "useable" every week.
    Other alternative is to ditch him, and try and get trade pieces with your RB/WR positions and hope for the best.
    There will be the likes of Peyton Manning (I think) and others like Luck/RGIII but I would keep Fitz.

Yeah suppose, we always have trading too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

think i'll be keeping Vick, Graham, Decker and Green...

Going to keep Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Marshall, JerMichael Finley and Brandon Pettigrew. Everyone else on my team is utter garbage so it's not even up for debate :o

No great surprise I finished last when the 3 QBs on my roster are Orton, Young and Hasselbeck. At least I get either 2nd/3rd overall pick :)

Draft order will be:

1. raven136 - The Klique
    2. JaMarcus Hustle - Dunluce Demons
    3. skeleton boy - Show Me Them TDs
    4. Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    5. malachyscott - Westbest
    6. WilcoOut - Outkasts Revival
    7. Hulk Hands - Prestige Worldwide
    8. eagle eye - Eagle Eye Patriots
    9. Spongey1975 - Spongeys Fluffy Crocodiles
    10. BastardPrince - Project Arcturus
    11. evil_seed - 4th and centimetres
    12. boccy23 - Boccy's Jockeys
    13. Coeus - Henry Le Cheat
    14. fisgon - Pick Sixes
    15. Mr Guappa - Oh Look An Eagle
    16. CoachTO - Lomira Lions

....based off of last year's standings.

Draft order will be:

1. raven136 - The Klique
    14. fisgon - Pick Sixes

Ball sack hate picking last in a keeper league :D

Im keeping Gronk, Welker, MJD and im torn between the up and coming Ridley the crocked Steo Jackson and the also crocked Freddy Jackson

I'm also proposing people can discuss trades here. I know the NFL.com draft system doesnt allow draft trades, but I'm sure we could work it out for ourselves using the manual edit roster / draft position GM tool. Fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Draft order will be:

1. raven136 - The Klique
    14. fisgon - Pick Sixes

I assume its a snake draft then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Keeping Brees, Peyton, Austin & Davis. Offers for Peyton are being accepted.

• Advertisement

I assume its a snake draft then

Linear I would have thought, i.e. the exact same as the NFL. Isn't that how keeper leagues usually work? Random snake first season, everything else afterwards just like real life?

Keeping Brees, Peyton, Austin & Davis. Offers for Peyton are being accepted.

18th overall pick offered.

Linear I would have thought, i.e. the exact same as the NFL. Isn't that how keeper leagues usually work? Random snake first season, everything else afterwards just like real life?

It depends on the league. The two Paid keepers im in one is snake the last 6 years and the other was snake first year and as you said done like the NFL for the rest of the years.

It usually depends on the number of keepers. For dynasty leagues or leagues with high number of keepers then a linear draft is best.

The lower the number of keepers then snakes are usually better.

CoachTO wrote: »
    It depends on the league. The two Paid keepers im in one is snake the last 6 years and the other was snake first year and as you said done like the NFL for the rest of the years.

I genuinely don't mind anyway, somebody report this post and ask can a mod add these three options in a poll to this thread. Easiest way to get their attention :p

Snake/Fantasy Draft (1,2,3,3,2,1,1,2,3 etc.)
    Linear/NFL Draft (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 etc.)
    No Preference

Presume that linear means that 1st pick 1st round is 2nd pick 2nd round and so on.

Snake is 1st pick 1st round, last pick 2nd round?

In that case, I might drop Ryan Fitzpatrick. Pretty sure I could pick up a QB when I have 4th pick.

Presume that linear means that 1st pick 1st round is 2nd pick 2nd round and so on.

In that case, I might drop Ryan Fitzpatrick. Pretty sure I could pick up a QB when I have 4th pick.

Linear is 1st pick every round

Linear = What they do in the NFL. If you have 1st pick in the 1st round, you also have the 1st pick in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. rounds.

Snake = They way a one-off Fantasy league drafts, i.e. if you have 1st pick in the 1st round, you have last pick in the 2nd, 1st pick in the 3rd, last in the 4th etc.

It usually depends on the number of keepers. For dynasty leagues or leagues with high number of keepers then a linear draft is best.

The lower the number of keepers then snakes are usually better.

Agree with this having said that the lads running my Linear keeper league we only have 5 keepers. From experience some league like to set it at 6+ for a linear system.

One of the weirdest leagues I have ever done was a randomised snake draft every season with 10 keepers. Funnily enough it was a very competitive league.

• Advertisement

Not sure I understand the rationale for a linear draft. Can't really see why you should be punished for doing well the year before. Maybe if you were keeping ten or twelve players then it would make sense, as you have a chance at repeating, but with only 4 keepers most of the teams are going to be completely different. With only 4 keepers this is nothing like the NFL.

That said, I am obviously biased as I was 3rd last year and would end up with pick number 14, then 30, then 46 etc. which is not conducive to drafting a good team. Still, I reckon snake is much fairer.

Advertisement