Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dr Ebun Joseph seems to be the go-to spokesperson on rte for black rights, really like she's some dose

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dr Ebun Joseph seems to be the go-to spokesperson on rte for black rights, really like she's some dose

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

tells us all we need to know about RTE

I'm not a mcdowell fan at all but I believe he's right in this instance.. It was on this matter that the Dr was giving her tuppence worth to PBH

Change of attitude needed and needed quickly.

I am not at all confident that this lot will last for very long.
    I'd hold Barry Cowen in no small way responsible for this.

It was the first 'big' controversy facing the Government, and it needn't have gotten out of hand. If he had swallowed his pride and apologised, the media would have run out of road — after all, nobody in Opposition was calling for a resignation.

It weakened the Government, and gave a shot in the arm to the media, who are now pursuing every minor scandal with special vigour. No doubt they'll get their sequel.

I was listening back to Drivetime earlier and heard a Minister of State (Mary Butler, FF) falling over herself to describe how bad a mess the Government have made of its handling of the PUP controversy, and isn't it terrible, and the Government can do better. Perhaps that's true but she shouldn't be encouraging it. Someone needs to take the wheel.

• Advertisement

Major scoop for PBH getting Bill Clinton on the show.

Mary Wilson must be regretting that holiday.

Easy with the fingers on the buttons, Bill.

Was that Hillary barking in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Major scoop for PBH getting Bill Clinton on the show.

Not a PBH fan at all, but I enjoyed that interview...and Eamonn Mallie earlier.

Cole wrote: »
    Not a PBH fan at all, but I enjoyed that interview...and Eamonn Mallie earlier.
    Oh thanks for the heads up, I must listen back to Eamon Mallie.

Yeah PBH did a good job of it I thought. He gave Clinton a loose rein and didn't manipulate the interview to get the former President's views on current affairs. Tastefully done and informative.

Great....just great.....There’s Mary heading off to Bansha with her hoop well reddened by a master class from Paschal Donoghue.

Took the lass apart with well placed surgical cuts.

She tried to rush him....he wouldn’t be rushed.

She tried the smooth low voiced approach.... he wouldn’t be low voiced

She tried the flash bang approach..... he wouldn’t be flash banged.

Well done Paschal....... need more like you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Does Mary have shares in a rural pub ? , it's been non stop since 4.30pm

Questioning of Pascal was getting ridiculous and Pascal called it out

Infoanon wrote: »
    Does Mary have shares in a rural pub ? , it's been non stop since 4.30pm

Questioning of Pascal was getting ridiculous and Pascal called it out

Indeed .....she was much less ‘gung-ho‘ after the encounter.

Very deflated.

Knew she had been bent over and reamed goodo.

We need more like the Pasc.

You couldn’t make it up, the attack dog Lenihan on behalf of RTE going on with rabid voicing that the current govt are overdoing it on advisor gigs.

This from a tile who works for a company paying Tubberty, and D’Arcy over 1 large per annum.

And others on highly inflated terms and conditions.

What credibility on the issue has the swamp he works for?

FFS..... who do these clowns think we are...... dummies.

Hmmmm........

Seems there is a new form of attack from SF...... keep talking as fast as you can and don’t stop until the presenter literally has to cut the power from your connection.

Louise O’Reilly is the doyen of this and probably giving the courses, but today, Matt Carthy gave her a fair run for her money.

Matt took off like a souped up greyhound out of the traps and kept going full tilt till he ran out of oxygen.

What bothered me was not that tactic, but the feeble efforts of Wilson to stop the flow and in fact gave this poster the impression that she was only ‘going through the motions’ in her effort to stem the flow.

Treated Carthy in a kind of a joshing manner and laid nothing on him at all that would put him under pressure.

No way would she treat a govt rep in such a semi-jocular way.

Straight out of the VB book of presentation skills.

Would someone tap that clown Lenihan on the shoulder and tell him he is not ‘The minister of Doom’.

Just read out the the stuff, the end of the world is not nigh.

He puts Lord Haw-Haw in the shade.

No need for it.... upsetting older people needlessly.

Would someone tap that clown Lenihan on the shoulder and tell him he is not ‘The minister of Doom’.

Just read out the the stuff, the end of the world is not nigh.

He puts Lord Haw-Haw in the shade.

No need for it.... upsetting older people needlessly.

Mod Brendan, can you take the more political discussions to the correct forum.

Mod Brendan, can you take the more political discussions to the correct forum.

Cat, I wouldn’t normally disagree with your excellent modding but with respect my posts were totally based on the presenters and reporters handling of the current issues in the news.

Of course I will comply with your request but I genuinely feel that on this occasion you may have misinterpreted the content.

Now if you have a particular post in mind which flouts the rules please point it out and I will be more than happy to address it and comply.

Having a vox pop littered with leading questions and inaccuracies as the main item at the 5pm prime time slot is not really fitting of a show that is supposed to be based on factual content - maybe the contributor was auditioning for the Joe Duffy cover slot. ....disappointing

Having a vox pop littered with leading questions and inaccuracies as the main item at the 5pm prime time slot is not really fitting of a show that is supposed to be based on factual content - maybe the contributor was auditioning for the Joe Duffy cover slot. ....disappointing

Interesting..... do proceed and enlighten the great unwashed....

Were we talking about the situation in KLO by any chance and other stuff.

Please expand.

Interesting..... do proceed and enlighten the great unwashed....

Were we talking about the situation in KLO by any chance and other stuff.

Please expand.

Asking the people of Laois how dreadful the situation is and how unfair it is and there should be an early lifting for Laois - wonder how that question will be answered ! not just random vox popping ,let's ask the chamber of commerce how bad this is for business and wait for the predictable answer of needing a hand out.

• Advertisement

Asking the people of Laois how dreadful the situation is and how unfair it is and there should be an early lifting for Laois - wonder how that question will be answered ! not just random vox popping ,let's ask the chamber of commerce how bad this is for business and wait for the predictable answer of needing a hand out.

Good call Info, exactly as I thought.

Light the fire and give the vested interest a can of petrol to throw on it.

What other forkhing response could you expect.

Lot of it going on Mr I, well highlighted.

Ooooh listen in Drivetime as John Cooke sets up the passes in Drummod for a good bash at the Govt.

Let’s see will there be even one supporter of the govt policy.

Toon in and hear the bile be released, facilitated by RTE.

Amazing value for 79.95 a night????????? No change there from non - coronvirus time. What value the interviewee babbling on about???

Ooooh listen in Drivetime as John Cooke sets up the passes in Drummod for a good bash at the Govt.

Let’s see will there be even one supporter of the govt policy.

Toon in and hear the bile be released, facilitated by RTE.

And away.......

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I happened to hear this programme last night on ny way home. Im not a regular listener, and, so my cards are on the table, i would have been a Yates lstener/fan. There was an item about a house being repossessed on Berkely Road. The item was completely biased. There appeared to be no attempt to putthe view of the landlord or owners. In fact it appeared to support the view of the activists who apparently illegally reentered the property the day after the eviction. Obviously i am basing my opinion on the item i heard, but it seemed to me as to be a typical RTE piece about alleged discrimination against african immigrants. Its a pitythey didnt show the same interest in recent events in Balbriggan

I happened to hear this programme last night on ny way home. Im not a regular listener, and, so my cards are on the table, i would have been a Yates lstener/fan. There was an item about a house being repossessed on Berkely Road. The item was completely biased. There appeared to be no attempt to putthe view of the landlord or owners. In fact it appeared to support the view of the activists who apparently illegally reentered the property the day after the eviction. Obviously i am basing my opinion on the item i heard, but it seemed to me as to be a typical RTE piece about alleged discrimination against african immigrants. Its a pitythey didnt show the same interest in recent events in Balbriggan

Good observation there Ckaaaaaaven.

Here’s how I see it. If there was illegal activity by the Gardai in this issue, and it’s proved so, someone in there who set this up should be ...SACKED.

IF there was yet another cock up here, HEADS....SHOULD....ROLL.

Let’s wait and see.

It was said that "it could not be determined who owned the property", whatever that implies.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

It was said that "it could not be determined who owned the property", whatever that implies.

Possibly a Dude who wants to keep under the radar from the lads from Ashtown Gate ?

The attack dog Lenihan out of the traps like husky, the deep breathing, the funeral delivery, the doomsday presentation style all in presence to wind up the population.

The whole place is up in a heap, if you were to take heed of that scone.

Time to contact Massey.

• Advertisement

Its official, its trumps fault that girl was shoved into the canal by those brainless d*****ads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement