Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Wilson giving her an armchair ride, not challenged on anything, and just throwing the cues.

You keep cookin’ I’ll keep catchin’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

How many name checks will ML give Mary.

Three so far.Now four.

Now telling us all the stuff that we all have heard before.

Now using hindsight and doesn’t seem to think that 3.8 billion over 12 week is enough.

FFS

This. You'd have to be fairly weak to let someone using your full name to shake you in public office. It's not 3rd class in primary school. Very grating this approach.

Watch the rattling Regina Doherty gets when she comes on .

Certainly not an armchair ride like MLMD got.

Oooh. In goes the dig.

“Post election”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Oooh. In goes the dig.

“Post election”

BB, once again you managed to keep listening long after I had to hit the OFF switch. I dont know how you do it.

As for MW, I'd say (even) RC would make a much better fist of the program and he would be polite while so doing.

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    BB, once again you managed to keep listening long after I had to hit the OFF switch. I dont know how you do it.

As for MW, I'd say (even) RC would make a much better fist of the program and he would be polite while so doing.

Mans gotta do what a man gotta do Madra.

Gotta winnow the chaff from the wheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Am I missing something here, the country is about to fall off a cliff and Mary Wilson's Drivetime programme has be shortened by half an hour!! It starts at 5pm and ends at 6.30pm to make way for the woeful Des's Island Discs (the BBC should sue them) presented by another RTE bore - Des Cahill.

This evening really took the biscuit as Mary was being given the latest on the Covid-19 situation by George Lee and she rushed him off to hand over to Des Cahill. Steam powered radio at its best! I've said it before, if Putin launched his entire arsenal against the West, Mary would still go to an Ad break if it was on the running order.

Uhmmm.... Wilson having a right cut at Minister Madigan, on Drivetime.

No lefty would get a grilling like that.

Very strange.

McWilliams on now.....

If ever there was a waffler...........this guy could spoof for Ireland.

Even Wilson has to close him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Amanda Brunker talking $h1t on the radio about joggers. According to her, they're all panting, coughing, spitting and not adhering to social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,395 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Did yis hear Conor Pope having a conniption on air? He was literally spitting fire down the phone line on joggers, cyclists V. walkers. So angry!
    Amanda Brunker listening trying to suppress giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

zell12 wrote: »
    Did yis hear Conor Pope having a conniption on air? He was literally spitting fire down the phone line on joggers, cyclists V. walkers. So angry!
    Amanda Brunker listening trying to suppress giggles

Mary and Conor were like the head and vice principal giving out to a naughty child.

Lads... calm down.... down.

Lookit, the regulations are correct and logical.......whooooy?

Because Pat won’t comply... that’s the long and the short of it.....unless he/ she is hammered with a penalty.

Remember the golf courses..... no problem..wide open..two metres... we are ok mate. open air.

Uhmmmm ....what happens..

The fourball ramble up to the first tee all stiff legged and shouting at each other ‘Don’t come near me,

One fifty yards down the front they are like a bunch from the Men’s Shed or an Operating Theatre Team.

Bet into each other like they never saw each other before...complete tools.

That’s whoooy, don’t blame the medics, blame Pat.

Jaysus.. what’s with the delivery and presentation style of Barry Lenihan on Drivetime.

To listen to the guy one would thing the whole country was about to implode and dissapear.

The big breath intakes, the sepulchral delivery, the doom laden voice and the pall of negativity clinging over the whole excerpt as his trawl for every bit of negativity he could find is delivered.

FFS......

Jaysus.. what’s with the delivery and presentation style of Barry Lenihan on Drivetime.

To listen to the guy one would thing the whole country was about to implode and dissapear.

The big breath intakes, the sepulchral delivery, the doom laden voice and the pall of negativity clinging over the whole excerpt as his trawl for every bit of negativity he could find is delivered.

FFS......

Are sure it wasn't Lavhline you were listening to? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

FFS......

Yes, you are right,its ridiculous and to listen to MW slavering at his delivery of the bad news makes it all completely off topic as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

FFS......

Agreed, Benjy.

His "pieces" are like theatrical deliveries. Way too dramatic.

Saw him on something during the election campaign. Hamming it up like a madman. He reminded me of a "The Brother" era Eamonn Morrissey. I'd go so far as to she "styles himself" on said Eamonn

Expect Reggie Doherty to get a good hammering from Wilson, this evening.

Won’t get the airtime the x Montrose luvvies like Roy Willoughby, or the x Montrose connections Colm Mac And Iomaire got today..... uhmmmm

(Nothing against these folk of course..but ..hey.....)

Always look for the connection if you suspect the easy ride......!!!

Anyway.... nice people ..

The attack dog Lenihan piling it on on Drivetime.

Entirely predictable and preventable says some dude. (Cathal Berry)
    Why didn’t you do something about it then.

RTE loading up the negativity, Lenihan ramping up the negativity to a crescendo.

Yes the ball was dropped but RTE seem to be trying to concentrate on the negative.

Maybe time a light was shone on them.

Donnelly setting his stall for the Minister for Health gig.

• Advertisement

What is that tool of a doctor going on about on Drivetime apart from name checking.

Paul Dalton.

Telling the public what we already know!

It’s tough... we know that. People find it hard.. we know that! Nursing homes are worse hit..we know that.

Can anyone tell me what is the use of this excerpt!

For me it’s a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

First on lineup : MW interviews an RTE personage about how RTE staff will be part paid thru govt CV19 scheme.

:rolleyes:

* hits OFF switch *

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

0lddog wrote: »
    First on lineup : MW interviews an RTE personage about how RTE staff will be part paid thru govt CV19 scheme.

:rolleyes:

* hits OFF switch *

I bet Battleaxe Wilson won't interrupt THAT guest too often.

Aaah good man Pairic Lodge... obviously has the animal racing gig for RTE

Greyhound Racing
    Horse Racing.
    Pidgeon Racing

All got the full treatment on the 1730 bulletin today.

Amaaaaazing

One of the few good things to happen due the virus is the huge reduction in sports coverage.

Michael O’Leary taking on the perpetually interrupting Battleaxe Wilson, “Let me finish, Mary!”

I wish more people said that to her every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lottie2016

I enjoyed Mary Wilson's questioning of Michael O' Leary. She was well able for him and he her. I'm amused that someone would call her a 'battleaxe'. I think she comes across very capable, professional and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,867 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Reverend Mother as she is called in this house. LOL

Heard she had to postpone her wedding due to CV. Wish her well for that anyway whenever it can happen.

Repeatedly talking over your contributors is neither capable, professional, or warm.

The best thing you can say about her is she is well briefed and informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Repeatedly talking over your contributors is neither capable, professional, or warm.

The best thing you can say about her is she is well briefed and informed.
    She's positively rude a lot of the time, so I mostly don't tune in any more

But I happened to hear some of the interview with MO'L, and it was hilarious - one thicker than the next! It was clear that neither had much time for the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement