Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Listened back to it....
    Wilson of course holding the pious party line of the holy trinity of still on full pay (government, Nphet and RTE). She really is an atrocious interviewer. Can never leave her PC views to one side

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Once She quoted the Guardian that was it...was like a red rag to a bull lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

road_high wrote: »
    Listened back to it....
    Wilson of course holding the pious party line of the holy trinity of still on full pay (government, Nphet and RTE). She really is an atrocious interviewer. Can never leave her PC views to one side

Oddly I only heard Mary putting facts to O Leary and all he could do was shout fake news and talk over Mary.

His argument is that NPHET got it wrong on masks so that makes him right on everything. ...like that's going to wash with the sensible majority.

Considering that the UK Govt advisory is to take it that you will have to quarantine when you return from travelling I think O Leary has bigger issues elsewhere - apparently his business staff can't quarantine and work from home......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is there any way this programme could be just a little more objective on their reporting from the US then perhaps we might make up our own minds. The constant anti Trump (I know, I know) reporting is just tiresome and may even be counterproductive at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

Heard a snatch y'day where she i/viewed a Trump supporter . You could almost hear her hyperventilating as he made some points in favour of Trump. Every syllable he uttered was sacrilege to her PC Democrat ears. At one stage he chastised her -rightly-and said she should drop the 'facetiousness'!

• Advertisement

boardise wrote: »
    Heard a snatch y'day where she i/viewed a Trump supporter . You could almost hear her hyperventilating as he made some points in favour of Trump. Every syllable he uttered was sacrilege to her PC Democrat ears. At one stage he chastised her -rightly-and said she should drop the 'facetiousness'!

Heard that.. then she came back with she wasn't being facetious which she clearly was and sneeringly so which might be ok at the dinner table but not on the national broadcaster

Breaking news.. Maura Higgins has donated a few bags of clothes to st vdp, her mum dropped them off to the nearest vdp shop to her we were told breathlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Breaking news.. Maura Higgins has donated a few bags of clothes to st vdp, her mum dropped them off to the nearest vdp shop to her we were told breathlessly

Who is Maura Higgins?

Never heard of her.

Who is Maura Higgins?

Never heard of her.

Former participant of love Island or similar programme I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Can't wait to wave goodbye to the Great Interruptor.

The downside is, we're losing the adept Brian Dobson in favour of her, on Morning Ireland.

• Advertisement

What an awful phrase "wet pubs" is and they keep using it. All it brings to mind is alco's, drunk tanks and swollen livers. Iv no doubt its use on drivetime and the like is deliberate

What an awful phrase "wet pubs" is and they keep using it. All it brings to mind is alco's, drunk tanks and swollen livers. Iv no doubt its use on drivetime and the like is deliberate

Yeah

Big pot-bellied tankers up at the bar,opening their throats and gulling back pints like Panda emptying brown bins.

Fcukers would swallow a 330ml. bottle and all.

Big ‘Dublin Fire Brigade’ heads on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

BB - You should be on the "stand up comedy" circuit. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    BB - You should be on the "stand up comedy" circuit. :D

Del.... that’s why these handpumps just can’t get the food thing.

It keeps them anchored to a spot and highlights the fact that they can’t eat and swallow dhrink AT THE SAME TIME.

Sophisticated folk like those in most other countries can see that.

Pat wants to wave a pint in one hand and go thru a stale pizza like a fcuking road grader with the other while corking out meaty chorizo farts from the rear end.

Like it or not... there’s the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yeah

Big pot-bellied tankers up at the bar,opening their throats and gulling back pints like Panda emptying brown bins.

Fcukers would swallow a 330ml. bottle and all.

Big ‘Dublin Fire Brigade’ heads on them.

Kieran whelan style?

Kieran whelan style?

Not the archetypical type.

Think Anthony Daly lookalike or 90% of bouncers who used to work the doors back in the day.

Big shaved head and a neck like the funnel of an ocean liner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Kieran whelan style?

Tommy Dowd.

Hunch-backed grunt that played for Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Liam Herrick on now from the so called "Irish Council of Civil Liberties" fighting for the right of criminals to spit at Gardai.

Dr ebun Joseph fast becoming a drivetime favourite, the go-to voice on matters black. heaven help us

• Registered Users Posts: 15,886 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dr ebun Joseph fast becoming a drivetime favourite, the go-to voice on matters black. heaven help us

I haven't listened to the Rev. Mother (MW) for about a year or so, but that Ebun Joseph should wind her fekkin neck in now. We are all in this together or we are not. Next we'll have Pavee Point and the Roma giving out. Jaysus.

Sick of it. Will never go back to RTE, and now we have the simpering CB on in the mornings. Thank God for Pat Kenny, and whilst he is not perfect he is a professional.

LBC is good now too. Yer man James O'Brien is hit and miss and does monologues a lot, but he gets the audience going when the lights are on. That's how you do talk radio. Same with Sheelagh Fogarty in the pm too. Anything but Joe Duffy.

Sorry for the rant. But as a radio lover I know what I like now and move the dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I listened to the Ebun Joseph interview and, as usual, it was all a bit meandering and incoherent. It's not that her area of research (Black studies) isn't valid, but I reckon she's doing more damage to its credibility (and UCD) than anything else...she just doesn't know her stuff imo.

The Adele cultural appropriation/Notting Hill Carnival thing has no Irish angle, so why not interview an academic from one of the numerous universities in the UK with well established departments and research in African studies and Black history (a couple of the unis have Notting Hill on their doorstep).

It's like there some contractual obligation that RTE have to only speak to her on matters of race...and nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,886 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Bet she couldn't do a Covid Test just the same despite her Doctor status. Sure I have one of them myself, but if I dared call myself Dr. Spanish, my whole family would crease themselves laughing. It is just research and whilst interesting and enjoyable it's twenty years ago now.

Great to revert to being an idiot again since no one gives a sht.

I am grounded, and I love my mad family too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭deise man

Her style of debating is just to sound hysterical

Bet she couldn't do a Covid Test just the same despite her Doctor status. Sure I have one of them myself, but if I dared call myself Dr. Spanish, my whole family would crease themselves laughing. It is just research and whilst interesting and enjoyable it's twenty years ago now.

Great to revert to being an idiot again since no one gives a sht.

I am grounded, and I love my mad family too.
    Worryingly, I think this was posted in all seriousness.

To anyone who disagreed with Ebun Joseph, just bear in mind that she was arguing that no cultural appropriation occurred. She was the voice of reason.

The above post, with its bizarre reference to Covid testing, doesn't merit a response. I would suggest that people actually listen to the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

...she was arguing that no cultural appropriation occurred. She was the voice of reason.

But still incoherent imo. I agree with her that it was more a case of cultural appreciation, but if she is so knowledgeable in her field (as RTE seem to think), I'd expect to hear a clearly presented argument. She was just throwing around random ideas to 'support' her argument...nothing research/evidence based. She just peppers her ideas with her 'go to' academic buzz words and it usually just results in a bit of an embarrassing (for UCD I presume) mess.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

She's a very dangerous individual. Giving her any sort of influence will only end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

A very dangerous woman. She sees everything through the prism of race.

Sooner she is “cancelled” the better

A very dangerous woman. She sees everything through the prism of race.

Sooner she is “cancelled” the better

Won’t happen, effendi, Where does she operate out of....... UCD.

Where is UCD....... just up the road from Montrose.

Where does Ferreter operate out of......UCD

How long and often does he appear in Montrose

Very long and very often....more than most of ‘lifers’’

So.......:cool:....... better get used to Ebun....wouldn’t you think.

Jesus.

What sort of clown is MW interviewing now.

He's hard to listen too and talking in riddles and going round in circles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I gave up Mary Wilson a long time ago, she's ploughed a very arid furrow since the breakup of the Supremes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement