Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Jesus.

What sort of clown is MW interviewing now.

He's hard to listen too and talking in riddles and going round in circles.

Lol that was Sammy Wilson and I think Mary just cut him off in mid flow and went to an ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Sammy may be a gob **** e, but Mary spent the interview talking over him and all but shouting him down. She should have let him prattle on, he’s well versed in making a fool of himself on his own.
    Very unprofessional from MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Sammy may be a gob **** e, but Mary spent the interview talking over him and all but shouting him down. She should have let him prattle on, he’s well versed in making a fool of himself on his own.

She's an ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

shes incapable of hiding her left wing politics , her disapproving tone impossible to hide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not defending Mary Wilson here per se, but while having the odd right wing voice on is a fair idea in terms of balance, not sure having the likes of Sammy Wilson spouting obvious gibberish is the answer either. And have a feeling, if he was let just prattle on and on without interruption, you'd have folk criticising her for that. Guess there's always a balance to be struck and it's tricky to get that right sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The ‘attack dog’ Lenihan coming now with the gloom and doom tone of voice.

The deep breaths and the totally negative output should really make RTE consider advising him to change his delivery style

Chances of that happening out of 100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

The ‘attack dog’ Lenihan coming now with the gloom and doom tone of voice.

The deep breaths and the totally negative output should really make RTE consider advising him to change his delivery style

Chances of that happening out of 100

You're not a fan BB.:D

Noel Anderson (lemon and duke pub, dublin) must have some friends in rte the amount of time he is on it.
    There should be business people on NPHET was his invaluable contribution.

I understand it is a shocking time for the hospitality industry.

imme wrote: »

Noel Anderson (lemon and duke pub, dublin) must have some friends in rte the amount of time he is on it.

Correct I, heard him.

All he wants is the pubs opened, in my opinion he wouldn’t care if a few hundred people caught the virus and died.

Where would Noel be......nowhere to be found is the probable answer.

“Nothing to do with me guv,gubbermint opened the pubs, their problem-tray of pints for the lads from Montrose over there, comin’ up”

imme wrote: »

I dislike his presentation style I, I make no apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

All he wants is the pubs opened, in my opinion he wouldn’t care if a few hundred people caught the virus and died.

Lot of that around. Out sector needs special treatment, we're the exception, we'll have what them'uns are having with a cherry on top, stealing the bread out our children's mouths, so they are.

And as soon as the pubs are opened on the basis of being 'controlled' environments, they bleating will start about how it's not their fault they can't force drunk people to socially distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

When are the new presenters starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

Radio5 wrote: »
    When are the new presenters starting?

Not soon enough :(

The ‘attack dog’ Lenihan was in full flight ,egged on by PBH when they were dragged down from their ecstasy before the spaffed on the immediate surroundings.

Jaysus..... here’s how it is

Advice...... wear a fcuking mask in confined spaces

Reaction .... not wearing a mask in a confined spaces.

Then blame the government

Do what you are advised to do... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Poor old Roisin Shortall is catching the confusion virus.

I watched Up the Ra Cullinane, Jed Nash and Brid Smith earlier and they were all fierce confused...she must have caught from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

ByGod they allmost made it out the door till next tuesday, such a parcel of rogues in a nation

Cole wrote: »
    Poor old Roisin Shortall is catching the confusion virus.

I watched Up the Ra Cullinane, Jed Nash and Brid Smith earlier and they were all fierce confused...she must have caught from them.

Yep Cole, but when the State Broadcaster broadcaster seems to be exulting in the bad C 19 news it’s hard to blame them.

Both Lenihan and Hayes had froth on their chins horsing out the bad news.

I reckon if we examined Cullinane ,Nash , and Smith on the rules around de ‘dissabillithy’ they would be word perfect in an eminently more complex arena than ‘wear your face mask’

Uhmmmmm m........

Yep Cole, but when the State Broadcaster broadcaster seems to be exulting in the bad C 19 news it’s hard to blame them.

Bryan Dobson starts off Morning Ireland today with "chaos and confusion"...not that opposition politicians have said this or claims/reports of this, but almost like it's fact.

I wouldn't expect anything less of Cullinane, Nash and Smith but I would blame some of the other politicians who are feeding the twats who just want an excuse to flout the rules.

Bryan Dobson starts off Morning Ireland today with "chaos and confusion"...not that opposition politicians have said this or claims/reports of this, but almost like it's fact.

I wouldn't expect anything less of Cullinane, Nash and Smith but I would blame some of the other politicians who are feeding the twats who just want an excuse to flout the rules.

And I would question the public service broadcaster for pumping out those generalisations and broad brush accusations.

You are correct on some of the other politicians.

The Attack Dog Lenihan the ‘Doomsday Dog‘ is up and running and out of the traps like a greyhound.

The funerial voice, the heavy breathing, the tone of impending disaster, the monotone presentation style like the siren at Dublin Airport, or the old air raid sirens in the blitz.

The Prophet of Doom is wooding up it would seem as he ups the ante with seemingly severe relish.

• Advertisement

The mind boggles how Heather Humphreys is a government minister. I think she could cause genuine confusion around anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

The mind boggles how Heather Humphreys is a government minister. I think she could cause genuine confusion around anything.

She ticks a lot of diversity boxes:
    Not a Dublin TD
    Female
    Protestant background
    Border County TD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

PBH gave her enough rope to hang herself , it beggers belief that she has such an important ministry .

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Infoanon wrote: »
    PBH gave her enough rope to hang herself , it beggers belief that she has such an important ministry .

Shallow talent pool in the "Female,Protestant,Border County" Box Tick.

There you has it ...

The ‘Doomsday Dog’ is up an running, like lightning out of the traps as usual, passing the ‘ball’ for the merchants of doom to tap into the open goal.

Cadence rising as the level of forthcoming doom rises..... we are all fuherked, there’s no escape, the deep breaths, the slams of those trying fix things, names mentioned, we might as well all coil up and pack it in.

No point in doing anything, we are beat ...the ‘DoomsdayDog ‘ has thrown the blanket of doom all over the country, all fuherked.

Pure negativity start to finish........

The ‘Doomsday Dog’ is up an running, like lightning out of the traps as usual, passing the ‘ball’ for the merchants of doom to tap into the open goal.

Cadence rising as the level of forthcoming doom rises..... we are all fuherked, there’s no escape, the deep breaths, the slams of those trying fix things, names mentioned, we might as well all coil up and pack it in.

No point in doing anything, we are beat ...the ‘DoomsdayDog ‘ has thrown the blanket of doom all over the country, all fuherked.

Pure negativity start to finish........

So its agreed. We're going to have a second Mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭john123470

PB Hayes can't say Chief Whip ... keeps referring to him
    (Jack Chambers ?) as Cheap Whiff ...

A pro to his silky baritone radio know-it-all voice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

john123470 wrote: »

PBH should have been told to fuk off 5 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

john123470 wrote: »

This is interview gold - poor Jack - woeful

• Advertisement

Boucher filleting Chambers with complete bias and unfortunately Chambers being ridden ragged.

No balance ....everything is the Govts. fault .. the public have no input at all , nothing to do with us, all to do with the those trying to manage the situation.

Getting to Joe Jacob territory.

Not good when there is no balance and that all the issues have nothing to do with the behaviour of the general public.

What the fcukk is the value of the discussion in the circumstance and the serious situation is in other than to fillet Chambers who is proving he may not be fit for the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement