Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

3bs wrote: »

Interested to see if this works. Please let us know.

Having thought it through I decided against it, I'd have the same problem I have when trying to download say the BBC iplayer when using a UK proxy, it won't allow me to put it on any of my devices as it recognises they're Irish devices. This obviously wouldn't be a problem when buying a device, but makes it impossible to tell if it would work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Any one know if this Handtec price is final, or would it change when it becomes available? Approx €420 for 16 GB? That's a bit more than the $ figure we were all hoping for.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=8177

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Another fairly in depth review from Android Central and really in depth review from Android Police

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Another fairly in depth review from Android Central and really in depth review from Android Police

so like allways LTE, no sd card and no removable battery. these things i can live with 100%. my ****y 3gs does not have those functions too, so meh.

more interesting points:

* Camera is better, but still **** and cant even compare to S3 camera... and S3 camera is not even great in the first place.
    * Screen is not great too. It has washed out effect.

So if we will be forced to go with local retailers who will charge us as much as they can, then W8 phones are still in a game for me. I do like that nexus 4 has a stock android, so updates will be fast and easy and i hate Microsoft account system, no way i will be putting my CC details in to MS account since my xbox account was hacked and it took me weeks to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Attached the dreaded Google Wallet Payment screen that will cause much head scratching on Nov. 13th !! :(

227715.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

So i tested buying on the US play store during the week and it worked fine. I bought the amazing spiderman and used my BOI Visa Debit card. Took the money no problem and even placed the video in my movies gallery. Problem was when i went to play it, it said that the video was unavailable in my country (even though i had my unblock US on). Got around this easily enough.

Anyways, it still took my money. I am gonna chance buying the phone next week. I have a friend that I can ship it to in the States.

I even went as far as trying to order a nexus 7 and it seemed like it would work fine (without actually clicking the order/submit button).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

and did the launch date change from the 9th to the 13th? Just looking at the store again... maybe it was just me!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It was always the 13th.

I wonder if you have a UK card does the delivery address just need to be in the UK or does it have to be the address that is registered against the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Get it delivered to Parcel Motel in Antrim.

• Advertisement

Get it delivered to Parcel Motel in Antrim.

Thats what I'm hoping to do with a friends English credit card but I'm wondering do they check the address registered on your credit card against the delivery address? Guess I'll find out on Tuesday?

Thats what I'm hoping to do with a friends English credit card but I'm wondering do they check the address registered on your credit card against the delivery address? Guess I'll find out on Tuesday?

If they do all that will happen is either it takes a little bit longer to process, or worst case is they ring your friend and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Just waiting on release day here to enter credit card details.
    At last living in NI has been useful for something.

Think I'll order a 4 + 7 at same time :-)))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Would there be any problems between a UK Nexus 4 and accessing the Irish Play Store? Straight out of the box would it work?

I know no-one has the phone yet to check, but have there been any previous cases of this that anyone has encountered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

When it goes live for sale on Tuesday how long will it take to ship does anybody have an idea?

Trying to get if finalised for my cousin in Vegas to buy it.

Friend got a reply from Google.

The Play Store will NOT ship to Ireland.
    We CAN order and have the device shipped to the United Kingdom. (Parcel Motel here we come)
    The device will NOT be repaired under Warranty while it is outside the UK.

I'm waiting on permission from a friend to post the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

TO TUNNEL BEAR!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Parcel motel only insure loss or damage up to 100 euro.
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/liability-and-limitation-section/

Parcel motel only insure loss or damage up to 100 euro.
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/liability-and-limitation-section/

Ill take the risk :pac:

Friend got a reply from Google.

The Play Store will NOT ship to Ireland.
    We CAN order and have the device shipped to the United Kingdom. (Parcel Motel here we come)
    The device will NOT be repaired under Warranty while it is outside the UK.

I'm waiting on permission from a friend to post the email.

Brilliant! Next question is does anyone know a secure proxy to use to access the UK play store? Seems a bit dodge putting in your credit card details over an insecure proxy?

• Advertisement

Brilliant! Next question is does anyone know a secure proxy to use to access the UK play store? Seems a bit dodge putting in your credit card details over an insecure proxy?

Tunnelbear is pretty securely encrypted

Tunnelbear is pretty securely encrypted

Ah I see, I was wondering what you were talking about in your previous post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

any proxy will do as long as the credit card is entered over SSL which it most certainly is for Google. That's the whole point of SSL, prevents man in the middle attacks

Email.
    Thank you for contacting The Google Play Team and inquiring about the Nexus 4. My name is Orenthal and below I have provided some information that may assist with your inquiry.

Purchases from devices on Google Play can be shipped to throughout the United States (including Puerto Rico), United Kingdom, Australia, Spain, Germany, France, Japan and Canada. I'm unable to comment on future country launches, but please rest assured that we're working to make devices in Google Play more widely available.

For device availability per country, please visit the Google Play Help Center at http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2462844

At this time our shipping partner does not offer courier services in Ireland. You do have the option of ordering a device and having it shipped to an accessible address in the United Kingdom. In the event that the device is taken to Ireland after being delivered it will not be eligible for warranty repair as long as the device is outside of the United Kingdom.

Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

[Qutote=Genghiz Cohen;81657119]Email.

[/Quote]
    A little worrying they won't honour warranties here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I was considering getting this. One thing that has me worried is the sealed battery. And not because of the usual battery replacement concerns.
    I have a Galaxy Nexus and I've found some of the updates can make it very unstable. I'm having lots of trouble with the latest (4.1.2 ) lots of crashes.

Some like yesterday, the screen switches off and the phone won't respond to any button presses. The only way to get it back on is to take the battery out and put it back in...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was considering getting this. One thing that has me worried is the sealed battery. And not because of the usual battery replacement concerns.
    I have a Galaxy Nexus and I've found some of the updates can make it very unstable. I'm having lots of trouble with the latest (4.1.2 ) lots of crashes.

Some like yesterday, the screen switches off and the phone won't respond to any button presses. The only way to get it back on is to take the battery out and put it back in...

There's a reset sequence for every Android phone where you hold a certain combination of buttons for x period of time and it will reset it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

draffodx wrote: »
    There's a reset sequence for every Android phone where you hold a certain combination of buttons for x period of time and it will reset it for you.

I know but I wouldn't want to do a reset! Just a reboot. I had to do the reset before and lost everything.

I know but I wouldn't want to do a reset! Just a reboot. I had to do the reset before and lost everything.
    He means a reboot not a factory reset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

He means a reboot not a factory reset

As above I meant it will reboot the phone as if you had taken the battery out and put it back in.

Advertisement