Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭JRant

O'Gara was/is a terrific footballer. He might not be able to kick a score from 40 metres off either foot but his link up play was probably the best out of that inside forward line for a time.

His physicality meant he could win dirty ball but he always had the smarts to link up with Berno or another forward who would invariably be working off his shoulder.

He was also able to adjust his game quite well with the basketballesque style we adopted. I think he struggled in the past 2 years or so as well changed the point of attack to counter the blanket defense.

Said to see him hang up the jersey but it's the right time for him.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Word on the grapevine down in Wexford is that O'Gara is transferring to a club down here. Has been a rumour for a few years but has really gathered legs now. Anyone know if there is any truth to it?

I suppose Wexford has always been seen as a bit of a retirement destination for a lot of Dubs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

Word on the grapevine down in Wexford is that O'Gara is transferring to a club down here. Has been a rumour for a few years but has really gathered legs now. Anyone know if there is any truth to it?

I suppose Wexford has always been seen as a bit of a retirement destination for a lot of Dubs :D

I think he living in Wexford? I say he will continue to play for TSS for a year or two. His club mate Denis Bastick dropped down to junior this year as riddled with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Morning boys and girls random question coming up!

With the year that's in 5 in a row and all I was thinking has there been any nice memorabilia or gift s released?

Could be something nice for Christmas for me da.

Been searching around everywhere online all I've seen was the 5 Jersey and he doesn't wear them so....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Morning boys and girls random question coming up!

With the year that's in 5 in a row and all I was thinking has there been any nice memorabilia or gift s released?

Could be something nice for Christmas for me da.

Been searching around everywhere online all I've seen was the 5 Jersey and he doesn't wear them so....

I got a Dublin 5-in-a-row mug for my Dad for the laugh, from Elevery's, but I can't see it now.

They do still have this at least:
    https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/GAA/Leinster/Dublin-Jersey-%7C-Elverys-%7C-Shop-Dublin-GAA/FOCO-Dublin-5-In-a-Row-Keyring-Blue/p/000000000001101717

I bought mine online, doubt they have them in the shops but you never know.

• Advertisement

frankled wrote: »
    I got a Dublin 5-in-a-row mug for my Dad for the laugh, from Elevery's, but I can't see it now.

They do still have this at least:
    https://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/GAA/Leinster/Dublin-Jersey-%7C-Elverys-%7C-Shop-Dublin-GAA/FOCO-Dublin-5-In-a-Row-Keyring-Blue/p/000000000001101717

I bought mine online, doubt they have them in the shops but you never know.

Nice one ill have a look! That keyring would be perfect gift from the kids to him actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Properly divided opinion but for me he certainly did a job on occasions .Thought he improved as a player for a few years and gave us something different. Wound up with huge haul of medals so I wish him well and thank him for some great memories.

It was the dopey things EOG used to do that would drive a fella mad. Red cards etc. Limited skill and poor passes can be excused but not pure idiocy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was the medal presentation thingamajig on last night? Some great pix floating around of the lads (all in the same suits) and Kevin Moran and Colm Meaney. And Sam obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

I'd say that was Friends of Dublin Football gig in the Shelbourne. Its fundraiser for Dublin football team. I think it organised by ex Dublin football captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Not assuming Dublin are going all the way next year in the men’s football but is there any info on dates of super 8’s or even the AI final if it is in August or September. Looking at hols away next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I see the independent are introducing a feature this week to create debate and outrage :D

Dublins Top 50 players since 2000.

Number 50 is already controversial to me. Eamon Fennell...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Senan Connell #45 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jack67

Hi can anyone tell me what date the 2020 All Ireland senior football final is on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Slattsy wrote: »

Your love of Na Fianna is truly touching :)

In the dark days, one of the signs that the jig was up was seeing the two Mobhi Road lads often strapped up like men returning from the trenches, warming up on the sideline!

Both were good players who were unfortunate to have been there when things were not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Slattsy wrote: »

I’d convinced myself that Senan Connell, won an AI but no.... he actually retired at 32 from injury. That would make him 45 now or thereabouts by my reckoning....I’d see him the odd time in the gym and he looks in great shape for a 45 year old in fairness...

kilns wrote: »
    I see the independent are introducing a feature this week to create debate and outrage :D

Dublins Top 50 players since 2000.

Number 50 is already controversial to me. Eamon Fennell...

Eamo is in my top 10. One for act of intrepid brilliance and bravery alone. And we all know what that is.

#RememberTheEamo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Strumms wrote: »
    I’d convinced myself that Senan Connell, won an AI but no.... he actually retired at 32 from injury. That would make him 45 now or thereabouts by my reckoning....I’d see him the odd time in the gym and he looks in great shape for a 45 year old in fairness...

Aww gym fwends.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jonnogael

Looking for help to get some retailer who would post a copy of "decades of the dubs" to the uk, any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

jonnogael wrote: »
    Looking for help to get some retailer who would post a copy of "decades of the dubs" to the uk, any help appreciated.

An Post's 'address pal' might be worth exploring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

jack67 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me what date the 2020 All Ireland senior football final is on ?
    30th of August (replay on the 12th of September if necessary)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Farmers say they are not moving tractors until Dublin county board issues a statement saying will not be entering a team for next year's SFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Farmers say they are not moving tractors until Dublin county board issues a statement saying will not be entering a team for next year's SFC.

One fella that was being interviewed said that they wouldn't remove the blockade until the beef factories stop supplying free beef to the Dublin County Board....................had a Mayo accent incidently.

He's talking through his hole....sure don't AIG pay for the beef. We don't get it for nuthin at all

Bonniedog wrote: »

Are we supposed to know what a tractor thingamabobby is? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Not confirmed but from other sources and a bit of detective work
    Jan 25 Kerry h
    Feb 1 mayo a
    Feb 8 Monaghan h
    Feb 22 donegal h
    Feb 29 Tyrone a
    March 14 Meath h
    March 22 Galway a

Don’t book hotels that you can’t cancel based on that

Well that proved to be good detective work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Any of ye done an overnight in Castlebar?

Is there much accomodation in or near the town centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Any of ye done an overnight in Castlebar?

Is there much accomodation in or near the town centre?

Prefer Westport. There’s a train gets you from Westport to castlebar before the match and one back shortly after

Only ever stayed in Westport or Claremorris. Don't usually book anything until a few weeks before & most of what's decent in Castlebar is usually gone by then. Westport is a much nicer spot than Castlebar too. Even if Big Bad Leroy Brown calls it home.

Edit. The Park in Kiltimagh is a good 'un too. It's about a 15/20 minute drive out the Breaffy road (I think) from C'bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Only ever stayed in Westport or Claremorris. Don't usually book anything until a few weeks before & most of what's decent in Castlebar is usually gone by then. Westport is a much nicer spot than Castlebar too. Even if Big Bad Leroy Brown calls it home.

Edit. The Park in Kiltimagh is a good 'un too. It's about a 15/20 minute drive out the Breaffy road from C'bar.

Normally Westport myself, however for this one I've decided to 'slum' it at the Breaffy House with the O' Shea's!

Well swit-swoo. Look at you. Did you get their permission to stay there?

• Advertisement

Wonder what kinda team we will see against Kerry in January!?

I cant wait to go id buy me ticket now if i could :pac: but cant help feeling would of been a great game to have nearer the end of the fixtures when both teams are back in full swing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement