Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JJ76

BK1997 wrote: »
    What year did you apply?

Mar 2018, family size would be normal enough, did working holiday in Oz for a year.
    Think it’s just luck of draw, there is a batch with similar wait time like myself, most difficult part is you can’t do anything about it.
    OOM only applies after you get clearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

JJ76 wrote: »
    Mar 2018, family size would be normal enough, did working holiday in Oz for a year.
    Think it’s just luck of draw, there is a batch with similar wait time like myself, most difficult part is you can’t do anything about it.
    OOM only applies after you get clearance

That’s crazy so basically if you get your clearance back first you will get in first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 patrickpints

Anyone know if you fail the physical on the day are you able to repeat it a 2nd day or is the 2nd attempt the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anyone know if you fail the physical on the day are you able to repeat it a 2nd day or is the 2nd attempt the same day?

Same day, no other options.

Same day, no other options.

Did you find it hard? Running is my only problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did you find it hard? Running is my only problem

Haven't done it but have tried it while I was training..

Only thing I got a injury so haven't been able to past few months.

It's doable but it ain't easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Roughly when will offers for the December class start going out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wardame41

no if you don’t pass on the day you get another chance on a different date when I done mine somebody was there on a repeat one

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wardame41

weadick wrote: »
    Roughly when will offers for the December class start going out?

Normally a month before the start date

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

callum21 wrote: »
    Fitness test tomorrow, and I'm so nervous, really not fit at all, do many people fail?

How did fitness test go for you ? What's was it like? Did you have to run backwards and were the weight section difficult?

• Advertisement

Is there any point in actually trying to contact the the vetting people from Northern Ireland? Seven months and counting for me now...

Is there any point in actually trying to contact the the vetting people from Northern Ireland? Seven months and counting for me now...

No. They wont tell you anything over phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JC170

Has anybody any idea if it takes long to get Garda Clearance if you have family abroad?

Waiting 8months now and counting, people who I interviewed with have started and everything while I still wait

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

JC170 wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea if it takes long to get Garda Clearance if you have family abroad?

Waiting 8months now and counting, people who I interviewed with have started and everything while I still wait

In the same situation if it's any consolation. There's actually nothing we can do but wait...

How did everyone find the pct? Was there many rest periods? How strict was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Anyone from the 2018 campaign still waiting on clearance? Feels like I'm the last one waiting.

Anyone from the 2018 campaign still waiting on clearance? Feels like I'm the last one waiting.

Don't worry there's always one or two waiting longer! I've heard of it taking over twelve months in cases. Hang in there...

Don't worry there's always one or two waiting longer! I've heard of it taking over twelve months in cases. Hang in there...

Thank you for that, please god I will here soon.

Thank you for that, please god I will here soon.

Did you live abroad or do you have family abroad or a big family? That your waiting so long?

BK1997 wrote: »
    Did you live abroad or do you have family abroad or a big family? That your waiting so long?

Not too bad one uncle in England, and 7 Aunties and uncles altogether, and have always lived at the one address. Just hope I get it soon. Next class is February and it's nearly full, 9 months and counting.

• Advertisement

Not too bad one uncle in England, and 7 Aunties and uncles altogether, and have always lived at the one address. Just hope I get it soon. Next class is February and it's nearly full, 9 months and counting.

Wow that’s crazy I wonder what it is so? It’s mad as you only lived at the one address
    Hopefully Yours comes back soon
    Please god mine doesn’t take that long.
    Best of luck ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JJ76

Yeah I’m still waiting.. interviewed in Aug 18

That’s crazy 16 months waiting? Did you live abroad or anything?

Publicjobs just posted a new campaign for recruit prison officer for anybody who wants to apply again

That is crazy, I wonder why it takes so long, people from 2019 have already got theres back. Hope you get yours soon. That's a very long time to be waiting. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Any word on what the situation is for transfers at the moment? Is it still taking years to get to Cork or Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Any word on what the situation is for transfers at the moment? Is it still taking years to get to Cork or Limerick?

Less than 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Young cub

Hi there, just wanted to know if anybody has an idea how much you get paid while in the training college or what kind of allowances you get while in college/training. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Fellas that started March / April last year have transferred to Cork in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Young cub

Does anybody know what the pay is for the training stage at the college?? Is it the same as RPO wages weekly once you start your training? Can't find any info anywhere about it.

Advertisement