Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jennyb053

DG74 wrote: »
    Cheers
    Best of luck on thursday

I'll need it, thanks 😊

Cheers
    Best of luck on thursday

What batch were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Anyone know how long we can expect to be there for the physical / orientation tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DG74

jennyb053 wrote: »
    What batch were you in?

Interview on 7th Jan , I did medical and physical in April, clearance came back on 6th June , my order of merit was 22 ,

weadick wrote: »
    Anyone know how long we can expect to be there for the physical / orientation tomorrow?

All day

• Advertisement

Interview on 7th Jan , I did medical and physical in April, clearance came back on 6th June , my order of merit was 22 ,

I did my interview 10th of Jan and was oom 8, the sooner tomoro is over the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Arsenal91

I did my interview this month an passed, i was placed in the low teens in the OOM, i know i stil have the medical an fitness to do, does anyone have an idea wat date for a class I could be looking at or a contact number for someone I could talk to since its now out of public appointments hands.

I did my interview 10th of Jan and was oom 8, the sooner tomoro is over the better.

How did you get on

How did you get on

Passed😊 so delighted. Everyone did so well. It's a feckin great achievement to get this far. Have to wait and see now what class I get offered. Hoping Sept but it depends how many are before me. But at least everything is done now. Did you get a date yet?

Arsenal91 wrote: »
    I did my interview this month an passed, i was placed in the low teens in the OOM, i know i stil have the medical an fitness to do, does anyone have an idea wat date for a class I could be looking at or a contact number for someone I could talk to since its now out of public appointments hands.

I'd safely say another 6 mths. The best thing honestly is to continue life as normal and attend your appointments as they come along. Don't put your life on hold for it, the process is very long.

• Advertisement

Passed😊 so delighted. Everyone did so well. It's a feckin great achievement to get this far. Have to wait and see now what class I get offered. Hoping Sept but it depends how many are before me. But at least everything is done now. Did you get a date yet?
    That’s brilliant , no not yet , she said they will let people know six weeks before the next class

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Hi guys. Did any of ye get any joy from phoning the guys in Thurles who are going through the clearance forms? Waiting nearly a year now, such a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Dien wrote: »
    Hi guys. Did any of ye get any joy from phoning the guys in Thurles who are going through the clearance forms? Waiting nearly a year now, such a pain!

Is there a number or email address we can use to contact whoever does the security clearance? My understanding is that it is not done by Garda vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1981rob

Is there a number or email address we can use to contact whoever does the security clearance? My understanding is that it is not done by Garda vetting.

No point ringing they wont give any info out. I tried a load of times and still get the same answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanc25

Getting frustrated that they can't keep us up to date. I have passed Medical and physical, just waiting on Security Clearance which was applied for in March/April! Does anyone know what company does it? It's not Garda Vetting, the Prison Recruit office can't give any advice..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bmrhcp

I was waiting on my clearance for about a year to come back. You just got to be patient I know it's very frustrating but it'll eventually come through. Just don't put your life on hold..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tanker88

Hi. Has anyone got any clue what take home pay is roughly during training?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Hi all,
    I passed interview last month. I need police clearance from two countries. Public appointments told me I could get the clearances myself to speed up the process. IPS told me that they will do it for me. Anyone have any info on this?

Anyone else that is hoping to start in September class receive their contract yet from IPS?

Tanker88 wrote: »
    Anyone else that is hoping to start in September class receive their contract yet from IPS?

No nothing yet , did you get called for sept

• Advertisement

No nothing yet , did you get called for sept

I was asked to start in August class but couldn't. So I asked them to put me into Sept class. All my clearance is back. Havnt received anything yet no. Might ring them this week sometime. Are u hoping to start in Sept?

I was asked to start in August class but couldn't. So I asked them to put me into Sept class. All my clearance is back. Havnt received anything yet no. Might ring them this week sometime. Are u hoping to start in Sept?

Yea

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

As an interest, when had you your interview?

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    As an interest, when had you your interview?

June 2018

Finally got the call , starting in sept

Finally got the call , starting in sept

Me too

Me too

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BommerF90

Congrats
    Congratulations to ye both,i got the call to say i am starting in the September class too

BommerF90 wrote: »
    Congratulations to ye both,i got the call to say i am starting in the September class too

Congrats to you too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deargh na heireann

How long were you waiting for security clearance to come back lads? I'm 7 months now and it's a bloody tough wait

Advertisement