Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BommerF90

How long were you waiting for security clearance to come back lads? I'm 7 months now and it's a bloody tough wait
    Well i done my interview in January so suppose that’s when they start and PCT in June but the girl from HR had no update for me on my Clearance back then so it does take a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deargh na heireann

BommerF90 wrote: »
    Well i done my interview in January so suppose that’s when they start and PCT in June but the girl from HR had no update for me on my Clearance back then so it does take a bit

I interviewed in December and PCT in April. Don't think the next class is till November

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanc25

Is there any way to speed it up, work has dried up for me the last few months and I really need to start as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tanker88

Ryanc25 wrote: »
    Is there any way to speed it up, work has dried up for me the last few months and I really need to start as soon as possible.

Honestly I don't think there is. If your clearance is back then that's a good sign. I think then it's done on your OOM and when suits people to start etc. You could always ring HQ in Longford and try get some insight off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Fitness test tomorrow, and I'm so nervous, really not fit at all, do many people fail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Anybody no how long you can put it off for I received start date in September but put it back till November . Don’t think il be able to start till January with other work commitments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bowrow

MCBRENNAN wrote: »
    Anybody no how long you can put it off for I received start date in September but put it back till November . Don’t think il be able to start till January with other work commitments
    I also put september off due to work commitments.self employed with staff so loose ends to wrap up.i told them I was free for nxt class but lady said it all goes down to oom and clearance.so just keep in mind you might want January but other people might be actually ahead of you who receive clearance placing you further down the pecking order

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Bowrow wrote: »
    I also put september off due to work commitments.self employed with staff so loose ends to wrap up.i told them I was free for nxt class but lady said it all goes down to oom and clearance.so just keep in mind you might want January but other people might be actually ahead of you who receive clearance placing you further down the pecking order

Is there a number you can call or someone you can speak to to get a timeline on things? Passed interview in July havent heard anything since. I know it takes time but it's difficult to plan anything ahead for the next 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 patrickpints

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    Is there a number you can call or someone you can speak to to get a timeline on things? Passed interview in July havent heard anything since. I know it takes time but it's difficult to plan anything ahead for the next 12 months.

I ran the ips today, first 35 of the 2019 campaign have been contacyed last week to go get medicals and audiology reports. If declared medically fit they will be called for pct shortly. Said the next 35 will be called shortly for medical etc in next few weeks.

She also told me they still have a few from the 2018 campaign to get through but it all depends on how fast your security clearance comes back, the quicker everything comes back the quicker your called in. Novembers class is nearly full she told me so from january on I woukd be looking at in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Anyone else get the call today?
    Clearance FINALLY back, was told if I'm not in the November class I'll be in the December one.
    Best of luck to anyone still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mmmmmdaly

got my clearance yesterday, depending on how full the classes are, she said it could be October or November starting

Dien wrote: »
    Anyone else get the call today?
    Clearance FINALLY back, was told if I'm not in the November class I'll be in the December one.
    Best of luck to anyone still waiting!

That's brilliant, when did you do your interview? I did mine in March and still waiting, hope to hear soon.

callum21 wrote: »
    That's brilliant, when did you do your interview? I did mine in March and still waiting, hope to hear soon.

Did my interview in June '18...quite a wait!

Did my interview in June '18...quite a wait!

Wow, that was some wait, great news though, best of luck with it. Hopefully you get December, you have waited long enough at this stage.

Cheers Callum, it wasn't so much the wait that was the problem as I'm in full time employment, but the uncertainty. Impossible to plan anything around it. Hope your clearance comes back faster than mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Cheers Callum, it wasn't so much the wait that was the problem as I'm in full time employment, but the uncertainty. Impossible to plan anything around it. Hope your clearance comes back faster than mine!

Hi Dien, we you abroad or have family abroad? Any idea why it took so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Hi does anyone know how many are taken in a class, tia

Congrats! Exciting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Hi does anyone know how many are taken in a class, tia

Usually 20, give or take one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

anyone else get called for november ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Wardame41

MCBRENNAN wrote: »
    anyone else get called for november ?

Yes I got November aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sea eagle 101

Can anyone on here confirm this for me. I heard that even if you dont get in the 40 shuttles in the 3.30 minutes you will still pass as long as you keep running, any truth in this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It's a minimum standard pass/fail test

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Many from 2018 still waiting on security clearance? Seven months and counting now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Anyone else having problems signing up for this on publicjobs.ie?
    What oOM number did you guys have to be waiting that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JJ76

weadick wrote: »
    Many from 2018 still waiting on security clearance? Seven months and counting now...

I’m Waitin over 14 months now...

JJ76 wrote: »
    I’m Waitin over 14 months now...

What number were you from your campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JJ76

BK1997 wrote: »
    What number were you from your campaign?

Was below 250 after stage 2, below 10 after interview stage

Wow that’s a long wait then so you were one of the first to be picked? With such a short number?
    Do you have a big family or did you live abroad that it’s taking this long?

• Advertisement

What year did you apply?

Advertisement