Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Sorry i mean they are a dial, but not boa

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's actually an offence under the RTA to fail to nominate a driver when asked to do so by a Gardá.
    How does that work when the driver is unknown? We have 40 odd vehicles at work which are driven by multiple drivers each day. Each vehicle has a log book but sometimes it isn't filled in properly. I occasionally get penalty point notices sent to me and, when I can't identify the driver, I sent them back to accounts. Usually I hear no more about so I seriously doubt anyone above me is taking the points as I'd soon hear about it.

buffalo wrote: »
    I came across this article about a book written in 1963: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_in_Towns.....
    Published on the day of JFK's funeral. That puts it into perspective timewise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

How does that work when the driver is unknown? We have 40 odd vehicles at work which are driven by multiple drivers each day. Each vehicle has a log book but sometimes it isn't filled in properly. I occasionally get penalty point notices sent to me and, when I can't identify the driver, I sent them back to accounts. Usually I hear no more about so I seriously doubt anyone above me is taking the points as I'd soon hear about it.

Really, I would have thought your employer would be required to keep a record of everyone who is authorised to drive, but also when they have taken the vehicle. Penalty points received in a work vehicle here are tracked down, as they are at my partners company. By this logic, your company is facilitating poor possibly dangerous driving, I would have thought their would be a moral concern, let alone a concern about brand damage not to pass on points for those in company vehicles. The HSA would have a field day if there was a death and this was uncovered.

This said anyone who got penalty points in here, dependent on the nature of the offence would probably have their access revoked.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Really, I would have thought your employer would be required to keep a record of everyone who is authorised to drive, but also when they have taken the vehicle....
    Yes, we would have a record of everyone who is authorised to drive but if a vehicle is used by 10 different drivers on the same day, it can get a bit messy establishing who had it at the time the offence was recorded, bearing in mind that it is usually several weeks later when the notice filters through the system to my desk. (Another problem we have is that those from the motor trade who pick up/drop off our vehicles for service/repair refuse to fill in any log books).

This said anyone who got penalty points in here, dependent on the nature of the offence would probably have their access revoked....
    If it were only that simple! Most of those who drive do so on a 'goodwill' basis and could withdraw that goodwill at any time. If I informed them that their access was being revoked, they'd be delighted and it would create much more difficulties for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hurrache wrote: »
    Are there any nearby? And in fairness, most people probably buy online anyway?

Halfords probably don't get much business from the non casual type of cyclist. I only recall buying one tube that's bicycle related since they opened in Ireland and the Blanchardstown one never seems busy on the bike side.

Humphries, McQuaid's and Duff Cycles are all within a 5-10 min cycle of them. Rothar, Bike Institute, Artane Cycles, CycleZone are maybe another 15-20 mins away.

Some of them have dedicated customers,some will need to up their game.

Places like 53 degrees north and outdoor adventure store will take a hit too, but Halfords most definitely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I was involuntarily removed from my motorbicycle a few weeks ago and the auld pushbike has been in storage since. Decided to venture back out yesterday only to discover the di2 has fully shat itself.

Bike is currently in pieces in the kitchen and I'm none the wiser other than now being fairly certain that it's not the battery.

Do you have to remove the BB to get at the second junction box typically?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was involuntarily removed from my motorbicycle a few weeks ago and the auld pushbike has been in storage since. Decided to venture back out yesterday only to discover the di2 has fully shat itself.

Bike is currently in pieces in the kitchen and I'm none the wiser other than now being fairly certain that it's not the battery.

Do you have to remove the BB to get at the second junction box typically?

Did etube app not tell you anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I know, it's carrying it to the absurd, but supposing one of your work vehicles was involved in a hit and run collision, and the registration number was taken by a witness, are you saying, that there's no way of identifying the driver from your records?

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I know, it's carrying it to the absurd, but supposing one of your work vehicles was involved in a hit and run collision, and the registration number was taken by a witness, are you saying, that there's no way of identifying the driver from your records?

sounds like the process around who is driving your vehicles is not fit for purpose, a formal check in and out of keys in an area with cameras, this is something that would seriously need reform.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I can't see that ever happening. There's a robust policy for reporting accidents/damage. These are state owned vehicles and 95% of the time there are other staff and passengers present. Any damage would have to be accounted for. Excluding minor scratches/damage etc, I can only recall one occasion where one of our vehicles was involved in an accident and that was a rear ending caused by another motorist.
    manafana wrote: »
    ... a formal check in and out of keys in an area with cameras, this is something that would seriously need reform.
    Most of the vehicles are assigned to various locations around Dublin - the are not checked in and out daily from a central point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Under the weather this week, so bussing to work. First 2 days were late so fine, today's journey in not so bad either.

But 90 minutes to get home from Ballsbridge to Glasnevin is completely nuts. I'd have walked if in that time had I realised if would be that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Weepsie wrote: »
    Under the weather this week, so bussing to work. First 2 days were late so fine, today's journey in not so bad either.

But 90 minutes to get home from Ballsbridge to Glasnevin is completely nuts. I'd have walked if in that time had I realised if would be that long.

How would train Ballsbridge -> Drumcondra then bus -> Glasnevin have worked?

If I'm on public transport, I walk Drumcondra station -> Glasnevin.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That's gas.

I'm an emotional wreck here in work, just handed in my notice, to be fair it's not out of the blue to the bossman, he had an inkling and I've landed a role I really wanted. We didn't shake hands, we hugged it out. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The Women's Omloop Het Nieuwsblad is on now (live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LftJ_OwCZ0).
    I thought it was windy on track this morning, fig me they're racing in a gale!

Myself and the girls are watching, brilliant it's being covered with commentary too and no ads!!!

Rather them than me, there was a shot of the three in the early break with about 100km or so to go and it was bucketing down.

Myself and the girls are watching, brilliant it's being covered with commentary too and no ads!!!

Rather them than me, there was a shot of the three in the early break with about 100km or so to go and it was bucketing down.

It looks awful :o And so many in shorts - tough out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is Eurosport subscription geo-blocked?

Watching Omloop Het Nieuwsblaad here on my Belgian subscription but wouldn't mind one in English now that the good races are coming up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So there's a Dutch Headwind championships???? This looked to have been a bit of craic and probably hard bloody work for all involved.
    On my bucket list
    eeeee wrote: »
    I thought it was windy on track this morning, fig me they're racing in a gale!
    Part of me laughed, it s so windy it makes them look human. It's like watching the
    Is Eurosport subscription geo-blocked?

Watching Omloop Het Nieuwsblaad here on my Belgian subscription but wouldn't mind one in English now that the good races are coming up
    Free on youtube via the link

I see the lads are making the most of the situation :pac:

EDIT: You need to click into the thread there's more games.

The best is episode 4.

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1233479209928011776

Gianni Moscon in bother again. DQ'd today for throwing a bike after a crash. Seemingly the guy on the receiving end was cut by it too. He made a show of tearing up his race numbers when he got the news.

What a prick :rolleyes:

R.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Gianni Moscon in bother again. DQ'd today for throwing a bike after a crash. Seemingly the guy on the receiving end was cut by it too. He made a show of tearing up his race numbers when he got the news.

Anyone know where to find the commissaires' communique? I'm really hoping he got fined for littering - twice - after that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

He's a total scumbag, Ineos really show their colours by putting up with his behaviour.

Miklos wrote: »
    He's a total scumbag, Ineos really show their colours by putting up with his behaviour.

The Conor McGregor of cycling this lad

The Conor McGregor of cycling this lad

harsh given he's done nothing of note off the bike and certainly hasn't been accused of stuff reported in US press.

And yes he was fined 500 CHF i think for littering

• Advertisement

Has he apologised for throwing the bike?

Advertisement