Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

often ex-ministers might get a job consulting in the field that they'd held their ministership in. i would be curious who might employ ross in relation to sport, tourism *or* transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

often ex-ministers might get a job consulting in the field that they'd held their ministership in. i would be curious who might employ ross in relation to sport, tourism *or* transport.

I'm convinced Luas are trolling the public with their **** service so maybe they will

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

he'll go back to being a loudmouth for the Indo probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think I broke my Lifeline TT-02 Fluid Trainer. Was on the final sprint of Zwift Group Stage 3 of Tour De Zwift when suddenly it started making a VERY loud whirring noise and lost resistance.

Has anyone had to use the warranty claim procedure on Chain Reaction Cycles store?

On a side note, my Wahoo Tickr recorded a new highest heart rate of 200BPM. Possibly, at the same time I heard the whirring noise... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think I broke my Lifeline TT-02 Fluid Trainer. Was on the final sprint of Zwift Group Stage 3 of Tour De Zwift when suddenly it started making a VERY loud whirring noise and lost resistance.

Has anyone had to use the warranty claim procedure on Chain Reaction Cycles store?

On a side note, my Wahoo Tickr recorded a new highest heart rate of 200BPM. Possibly, at the same time I heard the whirring noise... :P

On Sunday, I noticed that the rim on one of my Prime wheels (CRC's own Brand) had cracked at a nipple. Yesterday, I filled out a warranty claims form and emailed it to CRC, with a couple of photographs of the damage.
    About a half an hour ago, I got an email from CRC offering me a 100% voucher refund.(they no longer supply the wheel)
    The wheels were purchased in March 2019
    They are replacing the complete wheel set.
    Thats pretty good warranty service, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Just to add to above post, I emailed CRC, accepting the offer.
    I have now gotten a reply, stating that they are sending me vouchers to the full amount of the purchase price of the wheels.
    They haven't asked me to return the original wheels.

I am astounded.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Just to add to above post, I emailed CRC, accepting the offer.
    I have now gotten a reply, stating that they are sending me vouchers to the full amount of the purchase price of the wheels.
    They haven't asked me to return the original wheels.

I am astounded.
    Can you send me a copy of the pictures please?
    :D

So there's a Dutch Headwind championships???? This looked to have been a bit of craic and probably hard bloody work for all involved.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/02/silly-spectacular-dutch-headwind-cycling-championships/

They could have two events there , had a tail wind one in the opposite direction. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Meanwhile, on the mainland, not sure if it's good or bad...

The Lib Dem MP Wera Hobhouse says having just 250 miles of new cycleways is a “complete joke”. She says this amounts to just a few miles per local authority.

Johnson says this is “just the beginning”.

On Sunday, I noticed that the rim on one of my Prime wheels (CRC's own Brand) had cracked at a nipple. Yesterday, I filled out a warranty claims form and emailed it to CRC, with a couple of photographs of the damage.
    About a half an hour ago, I got an email from CRC offering me a 100% voucher refund.(they no longer supply the wheel)
    The wheels were purchased in March 2019
    They are replacing the complete wheel set.
    Thats pretty good warranty service, in my opinion.

I emailed them last night and just noticed they replied to me at 9:08am this morning but it was in my spam box.

"We are sorry to hear about the misfortune you have experienced with this item. We have got a couple of options for as this would not be cost effective to return to us.
    1) We can issue you a replacement to be sent out to you.
    2) Or we can issue you a 100% voucher for the item so you can put this towards a new trainer, or any other goodies you may find on our website."

I'm happy with that :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I emailed them last night and just noticed they replied to me at 9:08am this morning but it was in my spam box.

"We are sorry to hear about the misfortune you have experienced with this item. We have got a couple of options for as this would not be cost effective to return to us.
    1) We can issue you a replacement to be sent out to you.
    2) Or we can issue you a 100% voucher for the item so you can put this towards a new trainer, or any other goodies you may find on our website."

I'm happy with that :)

Sounds like the same person, that dealt with my issue. Antonia?

Sounds like the same person, that dealt with my issue. Antonia?

My guy was Jon. Just noticed I replied "John" tho, whoops.

I was planning on upgrading to a Wahoo kicker of some variant anyway so I at least now know CRC are worth buying it from.

^^^^^^
    My vouchers arrived by email this morning.

To summarise:
    Fault notified by email to CRC warranty dept. on Monday afternoon.
    Email acknowledged on Tuesday morning and full refund offered.
    Offer accepted.
    Wednesday, refund arrived.

Great service.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brilliant service.
    Hopefully they can be as quick with the stuff I ordered on Monday :D

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brilliant service.
    Hopefully they can be as quick with the stuff I ordered on Monday :D

It's just a pity, they stopped using An Post.

This is a great Twitter thread.

Short version: pedestrian notified Fureys Bus Company from Sligo that the driver parked like a dick on a cycle path in Dublin.
    It didn't take long for the boss of the company to get in the defensive, spout crap about GDPR and tell the photographer that the driver has contacted a solicitor...

https://twitter.com/AilishLally/status/1227263046688505857?s=19

...and...

https://twitter.com/OConnorOisin/status/1227645135372115968?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    Apparently...
    the cyclist was able to ride away from the scene, and that the case has only just gone to court – although incredibly, the driver refused to admit that he was driving the vehicle at the time.

“This meant the police could not charge him for driving-related charges as he could not officially be identified - despite the video evidence,”

Instead he was prosecuted for ‘failing to nominate driver. He was given a £300 fine, plus £332 in costs and six points.

Despite the employee refusing to take responsibility for the crash, Tesco admitted liability in the insurance claim.

https://road.cc/content/news/271023-dramatic-footage-shows-tesco-delivery-driver-knocking-cyclist-bike-london

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Dont read the twitter thread, its depressing

Catching up on the Tour de La Provence on youtube. God GCN have been great covering CX and the minor races though with the names in this it's hardly minor.

Great commentary talking about stuff in the news etc. and they had Bernie Eisel on with them today..... and then they go and ruin it by saying Carlton Kirby will be on with then on Saturday for the Mont Ventoux stage :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

502800.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

tomasrojo wrote: »
    If a compromise solution between free and the current system were sought, perhaps you could have a flat daily/weekly/monthly/annual fee for something like a Leap card, pretty modest in cost, and it gives you unlimited public transport travel for that period. That way almost everyone could just wave the card at the validator getting on.

(I haven't thought this through at all. It's probably pretty wrong.)

Hmm, maybe it's workable?
    https://twitter.com/citycyclists/status/1228605327865794560

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is there not already a daily cap on leap charges? a little more expensive than the vienna option, mind!

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Fares-and-Tickets/FareCapping/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Oh yeah, but you pay for the year and forget about it. And you don't need to think about stages/zones getting on the bus. You don't even engage with the driver so the queue alighting gets on faster. I suspect that it's a bit like the national postal flat fee regardless of the location of the letter's destination: some people are getting better value than others, but it's a waste of resources trying to iron that inequality out of the system.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There is, but for most they'd be making 2 journeys a day or maybe 4 with connecting busses taking into consideration so you'd be doing well to hit the cap. It's like it's designed to be just over what most people will ever need to spend.

I think I've hit it a handful of times in a few years and hit the weekly cap twice
    The cap doesn't include Luas either as far as I'm aware, but there is a slightly higher cap possibly for bus and rail.

I don't like getting the bus myself in the morning, and it's not because of it being crammed, I can deal with that. It's too slow because there's too much vehicular traffic so you're in those poor conditions for 45-60 mins for what should be a 25 min journey often enough

it's a lot more pleasant out there than i expected. wish i'd gone out on the bike.

it's a lot more pleasant out there than i expected. wish i'd gone out on the bike.

Not so bad at all.
    Seven of us out this morning, 70kms,
    quite draughty, but nice tailwind to bring us home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Catching up on the Tour de La Provence on youtube. God GCN have been great covering CX and the minor races though with the names in this it's hardly minor.

Great commentary talking about stuff in the news etc. and they had Bernie Eisel on with them today..... and then they go and ruin it by saying Carlton Kirby will be on with then on Saturday for the Mont Ventoux stage :mad:

i hate kirby, but he was better than lead comm they had first two days who spent half broadcast saying he couldnt pronounce said riders names

Advertisement