Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

daragh_ wrote: »
    Sure we will all be on Turbos for the next month anyway :D
    I won't be - being cooped up at home is even more reason to go out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,783 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

eeeee wrote: »
    Yeah. I have to grit my teeth to get on my bike at the weekend. I don't know how to get around it. Cycle to work is 1 hour, public transport is 2.5 hours :eek:

This wind has to stop soon! I fear the rain-y wind is imminent :(

eBike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I won't be - being cooped up at home is even more reason to go out!

I'll be getting out solo as much as possible hopefully!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

loyatemu wrote: »
    eBike?

God no! I have tried them, and they're big, heavy, cumbersome, and I didn't feel like I went for a cycle at all, fcuk all effort to pedal it! Plus another thing to charge.
    I can't afford one anyway, a decent one is super pricey, 2k+
    Sure we will all be on Turbos for the next month anyway :D

I can't train at home cos my floor is shyte and my neighbours beat the door down the instant I take a single pedal on my rollers :(
    marvin80 wrote: »
    I'll be getting out solo as much as possible hopefully!

Same. I find road riding boring at the best of times, it's gonna be painful :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Same. I find road riding boring at the best of times, it's gonna be painful :pac:

Take the train to Longford and pedal home along the canal. Tailwind all the way...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Take the train to Longford and pedal home along the canal. Tailwind all the way...

Yawn! :P

I need me some indoor space near me where I can roll. I might colonise an area of the park if the rain stays off for long enough...(and dogs and children don't run into me :eek:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Anyone fancy setting up a boards zwift group ride???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

My partner walked by while I had this page open and commented on the "lovely sink" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My partner walked by while I had this page open and commented on the "lovely sink" :rolleyes:

Lol my Mrs. also loves a good ole "Belfast Sink" :p

not the granite worktop , disappointed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Anyone fancy setting up a boards zwift group ride???

https://zwiftinsider.com/meetups/

How do I virtually push you off your bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

lennymc wrote: »
    https://zwiftinsider.com/meetups/

How do I virtually push you off your bike?

How long can this grudge last?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

years and years and years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Irish Alzheimers; forget everything but the grudge

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Belfast sink was the first thing I noticed (but for all the wrong reasons - I just don't understand the attraction of them).

The Belfast sink was the first thing I noticed (but for all the wrong reasons - I just don't understand the attraction of them).

I love a Belfast sink. They're so lovely. And roomy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Great accent...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are belfast sinks not suited to people who are really short (or who have really long arms).

apols to ednwireland, he posts a photo of a lovely bike and people talk about his sink.
    btw, nice dishwasher - is that the BE-109 model? it's got a great rinsing mode.

• Advertisement

btw, nice dishwasher - is that the BE-109 model? it's got a great rinsing mode.

cant remember its a bosch 20 odd years old and bleedin expensive when we bought it

We have the 'enfilade' brand dishwasher in our house, cheap and reliable :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cant remember its a bosch 20 odd years old and bleedin expensive when we bought it
    uh, that was a joke!

In covid-19 news. I've been busy this week getting laptops and rsa tokens assigned for people who'll be working from home. Had to call a few today to let them know they need to come in and collect their stuff. There was more than one call where kids could be heard killing one another in the background :pac:

I've been busy this week getting rsa tokens assigned for people
    you mean hi-vis jackets?

you mean hi-vis jackets?

No they have nixer in vpn access accessories, with a shocking lack of hi-vis on them :D

4207644?$product-main$

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Handy if you have a few childer to wash on a Saturday night but it's not the 1940's now - most houses have bathrooms. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

We've got 10 years or so up already, how long have you got?

No they have nixer in vpn access accessories, with a shocking lack of hi-vis on them :D

4207644?$product-main$
    ah yeah, i still have one of those knocking around somewhere. we got rid of them a while back. they've been massively ramping up VPN capacity in work, i'd say VPN concentrators are the tech equivalent of loo roll at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Same for me at work. All week we have been saying have you your RSA working? Have you tested at home?

Friday comes around. “I can’t connect to the VPN at home”

Did you test it?

“No”

**** off

Advertisement