Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Just had blinds installed. The cost for supply and fit for entire heron style house was 1830. Here are some pictures if you're interested.

https://goo.gl/photos/YL1EYgwifdRKPo4DA

Curious to know what options other's choose and what they paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

@Cronos, that's a clever idea to split the blind in the top floor window.

@Cronos, that's a clever idea to split the blind in the top floor window.

Thanks. Yes it's basically my attempt to replicate tier on tier shutters at a more reasonable price. http://www.jamesshutters.co.uk/tier-tier-window-shutters

I got the blinds in the front rooms of the house fit the front of the window frame also. This is just in case we ever get secondary glazing to help reduce the noise, I'm guessing this may help when it comes to that being fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

Hi,

Has anyone in a Heron had only the stairs carpeted? If so would you have the measurements? We are trying get an idea of what it will cost.

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

We are considering putting a king size bed in the Heron 1st floor ensuite.
    Can anyone confirm it would not be an issue?

I thought the show house had this size bed in the room.

The bed fits, but you may have issues with the nightstands. You need some narrower ones to allow for the wardrobe door to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Hi, could anyone please recommend a shop/company for flooring which have worked in the development and how much you've spent ? We've secured a Heron and we're trying to figure out costs for timber and tiles in kitchen. Thank you!

Mod note: by pm only as per the forum charter please

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

A while back someone mention jacking up in the kitchen island to make a bit of space for the flooring - was this is a Heron?  Can you please let me know how you did it as we're trying to do it as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Any news on Aldi? The plaintive cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Hi, could anyone please recommend a shop/company for flooring which have worked in the development and how much you've spent ? We've secured a Heron and we're trying to figure out costs for timber and tiles in kitchen. Thank you!

Mod note: by pm only as per the forum charter please

would also like a PM on this please if anybody has info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

europhile wrote: »
    Any news on Aldi? The plaintive cry!

Doubt there'll be news for months yet.
    They haven't broken ground on the supermarket unit yet so unless Aldi make an announcement or another application for planning permission goes in we won't get an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Why the strong interest in the Aldi? I lived for seven years a 100 meters away from a Lidl. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sanding job finished and fully dried now, we are happy with the results, in total it took 3 and a half days for two of us to do it, Cost of varnish, tool hire etc was roughly 500 euro.
    418131.jpg418132.jpg

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Sanding job finished and fully dried now, we are happy with the results, in total it took 3 and a half days for two of us to do it, Cost of varnish, tool hire etc was roughly 500 euro.

Congrats. That's a big job to undertake so well done.

You may also have some luck with wood filler on the holes. http://www.furniture-refinishing-guide.com/articles/staining-filled-areas/

cronos wrote: »

Congrats. That's a big job to undertake so well done.

You may also have some luck with wood filler on the holes. http://www.furniture-refinishing-guide.com/articles/staining-filled-areas/
    I am happy with how it looks, Wood filler in all the rooms would add a 3 or 4 hours to the job.

I am happy with how it looks, Wood filler would make it look like a fake wooden floor with no gaps between the floor boards. Also wood filler in all the rooms would add a 3 or 4 hours to the job.

That's cool. Just an idea. I wouldn't have been thinking in-between the boards. Just potentially covering the nail holes. As I say just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

For anyone who has already purchased... on the legal side of things, I'm aware of the stamp duty due at 1 % of base price (vat deducted purchase price), but do you also have to pay land registration fees?
    These seem to be in the region of 800 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

slayerking wrote: »
    For anyone who has already purchased... on the legal side of things, I'm aware of the stamp duty due at 1 % of base price (vat deducted purchase price), but do you also have to pay land registration fees?

The solicitor would include these in any quote. You're looking at closer to a grand when you tot up all the land registry fees (registration of property, opening a property folio, registering the mortgage, swearing fees, a copy of the folio)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Yes
    but all should have been included in your Solicitor quote

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hi all,

As anyone fitted under stairs storage, can I get the company name? please PM me.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Yes
    but all should have been included in your Solicitor quote

Yep, all included, I just don't trust solicitors! :D
    The following was included from our solicitor breakdown: Basic fee + stamp duty + land registration fees + new folio + searches on closing.

Really just cross checking the stuff thats on the quote.

• Advertisement

Yep, all included, I just don't trust solicitors! :D
    The following was included from our solicitor breakdown: Basic fee + stamp duty + land registration fees + new folio + searches on closing.

Really just cross checking the stuff thats on the quote.

I got quotes from 6 solicitors
    they all included the following

Law Searchers Fees
    Land Registry Fees for registration of property
    Land Registry Fees to open a new property folio
    Land Registry Fees to register the mortgage
    Copy Folio
    Swearing Fees

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

418131.jpg418132.jpg

Thanks for sharing, it looks great well done. The first photo looks like downstairs, I thought it was just concrete downstairs, no floorboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

Hi,

Sorry if it sounds a silly question. But have you hanged some bathroom cabinet on the wall? Could you let me know what screws you've used or what type of wall is behind the paint?

Thank you

Keithchap wrote: »
    418131.jpg418132.jpg

Thanks for sharing, it looks great well done. The first photo looks like downstairs, I thought it was just concrete downstairs, no floorboards?

The first one is from the first floor ensuite, Downstairs is still concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

The first one is from the first floor ensuite, Downstairs is still concrete

Ah yes, I see it now. At first glance it looks like the first one is the ground floor.

Does anyone know how much this might cost to get done by someone else? I really like how it looks but don't think it's feasible to do it ourselves with the kids etc.

Keithchap wrote: »
    Ah yes, I see it now. At first glance it looks like the first one is the ground floor.

Does anyone know how much this might cost to get done by someone else? I really like how it looks but don't think it's feasible to do it ourselves with the kids etc.

plus 1 for this
    I don't have kids just an aversion to manual work !

For those on the newly finished side of bridge avenue there is no phone cables from the exchange, KN Networks came out to check today. The more people who request it be set-up the quicker they will get the cable laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

For those on the newly finished side of bridge avenue there is no phone cables from the exchange, KN Networks came out to check today. The more people who request it be set-up the quicker they will get the cable laid.

They came up to mine on the May 15th. I was told today that it will take another three weeks before they run the cables out, which means they will only come back on the 15th of June. (through Vodafone).

Now when I talked directly with Eir customer service, I was told, that they can get everything working within 5/7 working days.

I guess Eir is playing the "having the monopoly" game here, which is very annoying.

OrdeP wrote: »

They came up to mine on the May 15th.  I was told today that it will take another three weeks before they run the cables out, which means they will only come back on the 15th of June. (through Vodafone).

Now when I talked directly with Eir customer service, I was told, that they can get everything working within 5/7 working days.

I guess Eir is playing the "having the monopoly" game here, which is very annoying.
    Eir is lying to you, I am going to talk to Open Eir tomorrow as they manage the infrastructure, I think Vodafone is probably being more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

OrdeP wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if it sounds a silly question. But have you hanged some bathroom cabinet on the wall? Could you let me know what screws you've used or what type of wall is behind the paint?

Thank you

There are no solid walls in the house, you need to be extremely careful hanging anything on the walls. You should you plaster board wall plugs.

Advertisement