Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looking forward to seeing the reviews. Car looks great imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Nice car. Looking forward to the details for Irish spec, price and availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Dunno why but it kind of reminds me of a Lancia design

That’s exactly what I thought at first glance...

Very clean, distinctive lines... the more I look at it, the more I like it.

When is it going to be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

I think a lot of people are looking at this car through electric-tinted glasses.
    Be honest, it's an ugly car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

spakman wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are looking at this car through electric-tinted glasses.

Completely disagree. Very slick styling imo. Zero to do with it being an electric car!? It's 4 wheels and a steering wheel? The market is saturated with jacked up silly looking SUVs and Crossovers. This does hark back to the hatches, and I think that's far better. It's lower and sleeker than the fleets of SUVs we have, would consider over a Y too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

spakman wrote: »

Beauty in the eye of the beholder. Personally I really like it. Better than the Mach e and miles better than model 3/Y.

So this should have at least the same passenger space in the back as the Ioniq classic? Reasonably fit 3 adults?

It really is a handsome car, does not look like a (crossover) SUV at all, which appeals to me. It looks far smaller and more agile than the measurements would suggest

2022-hyundai-ioniq-5.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As a Leaf owner I have no problem saying I do not like the looks, if I was back in that segment again it would be a Model Y hands down every day of the week.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

You might want a model Y but I'd prefer a dealer in my locality and an 8 year warranty which will be honoured without quibble.

You might want a model Y but I'd prefer a dealer in my locality and an 8 year warranty which will be honoured without quibble.

The Tesla dealer is in my locality and my car came with an 8 year bumper to bumper warranty, they even replaced a lightbulb free of charge, no quibble ;)

Whereas my experience with Hyundai service after buying a brand new EV from them left a lot to be desired. Their knowledge and competence was poor, it took many hours just to download a software update. I got everything done eventually, free of charge and all, even got both my annual services done for free. But it took some robust conversations to get there and it was difficult to get a free loaner car, eventually I did, but it was a little diesel sh1tter and the fuel light was on. Whereas with Tesla you always get a loaner car (fully charged) of far greater value than your own and nothing was ever any hassle, all nice and friendly. BTW if you buy a Tesla there is no service schedule. You are free not to ever bring the car to them and your warranty is still valid. How refreshing...

• Advertisement

My S is bumper to bumper warranty until its 7th birthday and my "dealer" for any issue (and zero quibble) has sorted out every one of them on my driveway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So how's about that car from Hyundai eh?

Here's a terrible pic, but a comparison against a Golf.

hrtnhxmhhaj61.jpg

liamog wrote: »

Ioniq 5 is a direct competitor to Tesla Model Y (and ID.4, eNiro and others)

Comparison discussions (including warranty aspects) are totally relevant here imho :)

I'd go as far as to say both Ioniq 5 and Model Y would be on my short list for my next car, nothing else on it at the moment. So I follow this with keen interest.

Tesla come to you. I bet my Hyundai dealer would have looked funny if I asked him to come replace my car's charge port actuator on my drive at home as I had no time to travel to them :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

unkel wrote: »
    Ioniq 5 is a direct competitor to Tesla Model Y (and ID.4, eNiro and others)

Comparison discussions (including warranty aspects) are totally relevant here imho :)

I'd go as far as to say both Ioniq 5 and Model Y would be on my short list for my next car, nothing else on it at the moment. So I follow this with keen interest.

Of course it is, but giving someone a link to tesla.com is a bit too far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Nissan already coined a term for this segment of electric cars.

Elevated sports sedan.

IMs concept
    dt-detroit-nissan-ims-concept-2.jpg

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Tesla come to you. I bet my Hyundai dealer would have looked funny if I asked him to come replace my car's charge port actuator on my drive at home as I had no time to travel to them :p
    How does that scale with tens of thousands of units and only one service centre in south county Dublin. At some stage they'll have to start delivering a dividend to their shareholders. Hyundai have dealers in practically every large town the length and breadth of the Country and deliver what the public want which is a cheaply financed nice big lump of an EV for the School run. It matches the aspirations of a huge cohort of the public in Ireland, the US and anywhere else you can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here's a terrible pic, but a comparison against a Golf.

hrtnhxmhhaj61.jpg

It's no Tesla anyway.

The Ioniq 6, previewed as the Hyundai Prophecy will be a competitor to the Model 3.

IONIQ-6.jpg

With VWs drop in interior quality and Hyundai upping their game, I feel like Hyundai are really starting to take on VWs key market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thats a lovely looking car.

Saw that popping up on the Ioniq 5 debut YT video, looker indeed, kinda 911 looks to it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Theres hallmarks of a few cars there. From a model 3 to the porsche lines to my old Z32 300ZX. A lovely looking car for sure. Lets hope it gets a performance to match the looks!!

Fully charged on the Ioniq 5

Built in inverter. Hyundai apparently said it can charge another car, so we are likely talking 2-3kW, which would be super exciting. Particularly if it can do bi-directional charging.

And it has a frunk...

Mod: Moved discussion of Mercedes PHEV to own thread as I don't believe it's manufactured by Hyundai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Mod: Moved discussion of Mercedes PHEV to own thread as I don't believe it's manufactured by Hyundai

Maybe Mercedes have been re-skinning Hyundai's for years and it's all a big scam :D

You'd think they'd be more reliable in that case though

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Fully charged on the Ioniq 5

Built in inverter. Hyundai apparently said it can charge another car, so we are likely talking 2-3kW, which would be super exciting. Particularly if it can do bi-directional charging.

And it has a frunk...

Cool, I could plug in in work and power the house when I get home :D

Cool, I could plug in in work and power the house when I get home :D

Step 1: Buy Ioniq 5
    Step 2: Give I3 to partner
    Step 3: Charge Ioniq 5 at work
    Step 4: Charge partners I3 via granny charger attached to Ioniq 5

Mwah haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Let's hope Hyundai don't stick with the 15,000km servicing interval on the Ioniq 5.

Thats far to low for an EV. Should be 50k/2years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Patser

What are we reckoning on the road price in Ireland, assuming they do only supply rwd model?

Advertisement