Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

There should also be a copy on your PAS profile in your applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    What you are looking for is your ‘interview form’. You would have filled it out on the computer and uploaded it to the public jobs site. You should have it saved.

The one I’m talking about is the one where I was sent a link on my my message board on the public jobs website? It was one of the first things done

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

EH95 wrote: »
    The one I’m talking about is the one where I was sent a link on my my message board on the public jobs website? It was one of the first things done

Yea, I’m pretty sure that’s called ‘interview form’ that’s what it was for the June ‘17 applicants anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alandantheman

Anyone else get their interview results today? How long does it usually take to hear about medical, vetting etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Anyone else get their interview results today? How long does it usually take to hear about medical, vetting etc?

Once we get through the vetting probaby 2-3 weeks so probably end of March or April for medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Alandantheman

Thanks Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Once we get through the vetting probaby 2-3 weeks so probably end of March or April for medical.

Your in for a huge shock if you think vetting only takes 2-3 weeks. It can take anything up to a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Connair

Hi Guys, just a quick one ... Got my email this week informing me I passed the interview, How long do I have to prepare for the fitness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Jake5991 wrote: »

I did my interview in Sept and only did my fitness test on the 1st March with medical next week. So that's about 6 months of a wait. Also, it's fitness test first this time round, so you'll get a GP clearance form in your email. Fitness test will be a few weeks after that, it was 2 months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Connair

Much appreciated .. I didn't know it would be that long of a wait. Any idea of a start date for the intakes into Templemore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Connair wrote: »
    Much appreciated .. I didn't know it would be that long of a wait. Any idea of a start date for the intakes into Templemore?

Dates are 23rd April, 15th July and 16th December.

It may not be that long of a wait but I would be prepared anyway. :)

Hi gang, just wondering is anyone contacting head office to speed up vetting? I was told by 2 people to give them a ring now and again to ask if your application has been put forward... not sure what number to ring though... anyone here make a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Yes no harm give them a call i did 2-3 weeks ago and i got my GP form email last friday, so maybe it speeded up things i dunno worth a call.
    I think the number was 016662571 but just double check it.

Yes no harm give them a call i did 2-3 weeks ago and i got my GP form email last friday, so maybe it speeded up things i dunno worth a call.
    I think the number was 016662571 but just double check it.

Perfect... Thanks for that, Did you get a date for your fitness and medical?

No not yet i havent sent in my gp clearence form as of yet , it will be sent in this week hopefully.

No not yet i havent sent in my gp clearence form as of yet , it will be sent in this week hopefully.

Hopefully anyway, and when did you do the interview?

Done the interview in december

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

Are you able to get feedback from your interview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Is this distance requirement just for your probationary period? 50km seems a bit ludicrous if it's long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Is this distance requirement just for your probationary period? 50km seems a bit ludicrous if it's long term.

After probation you can apply for a transfer but that could take a few years. You may be able to get closer but don’t be under any illusions, when you sign up you agree to the transfer and deployment procedures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Quick question guys can you defer joining the guards for a year . Im currently on a work contract and if i want to leave my job il have to pay a substantial fee?
    So was just wondering if i was offered December of this year could i put it off till sometime in 2020

Of course, i’d be happy to go anywhere in the country for a few years. But I recall meeting some north dubs in the city centre, and even in my local area, where they couldn’t have grown up more than 20k from that station, and that’s a stretch.

I would also assume they’d want the tougher Gardaí in areas with more crime and day to day violence? I.e. send the bigger lads to Dublin city centre, Limerick, Cork City (wherever the most assaults on Garda take place).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Of course, i’d be happy to go anywhere in the country for a few years. But I recall meeting some north dubs in the city centre, and even in my local area, where they couldn’t have grown up more than 20k from that station, and that’s a stretch.

I would also assume they’d want the tougher Gardaí in areas with more crime and day to day violence? I.e. send the bigger lads to Dublin city centre, Limerick, Cork City (wherever the most assaults on Garda take place).

Dublin is exempt from distance regulations.

That doesn't factor into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Witcher wrote: »
    Dublin is exempt from distance regulations.
    What are the distance regulations outside Dublin

Fantastic, the Granny will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What are the distance regulations outside Dublin

All the major centres are exempt; Cork, Limerick etc.

Anywhere else it could be 50-100km. The class that are due to leave soon had several married people and people married with kids in Cork put up in Dublin as well as people from Galway etc. sent to Dublin. It could go the other way next time so factor that in when you apply.

You mention which number you are placed - is that based on your physical test, interview, stage 2 test, or an accumulation of everything? Thanks.

Advertisement