Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

They have them graded pretty much as soon you walk out so I wouldn't surprised. I got mine a week after which meant some people only had to wait 2 working days. I'm fairly sure both interview cohorts have had their results the Tuesday after the last interview day (we did anyway).

Jesus, you think so? That would be mighty for the post-interview anxiety. Only did mine last Wednesday ! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Texmex

I did mine this week too so any day next week would be amazing for my nerves !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

You can add a Garda reference but it’s optional

Does it still say. A garda reference not related to you?

userunkown wrote: »
    Does it still say. A garda reference not related to you?

Yeah, it does indeed. Non related Garda reference only.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 S_e_a_n

Anyone refreshing public jobs every hour or is it just me :D

• Advertisement

S_e_a_n wrote: »

I keep an eye.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

bottar1 wrote: »
    I keep an eye.... :rolleyes:

Same here haha

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

I’m the same 😂

Got a tough panel for the interview so bit unsure on how it went,,, longest 10 days ever so far!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Got a tough panel for the interview so bit unsure on how it went,,, longest 10 days ever so far!! :/

Ya I feel thesame, did mine Tuesday last week been replaying it in my head since.

• Advertisement

Ah stop, hours of prep for it and a course, then basically felt like one of them dim light bulbs that keeps flickering every now and then :D wasn't what i expected.
    Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AT359

Has anybody that was was invited to an interview last week received their familiarisation material yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

AT359 wrote: »
    Has anybody that was was invited to an interview last week received their familiarisation material yet?

No not yet, the booking window for stage 3 closed today at 3pm so I reckon we will get it tomorrow or Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

i messaged public jobs at weekend, got a message back that we will receive our competencies later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Hi just wondering where the OOM is at this moment. I am oom 761 exactly and i didnt expect the interviews to be running so quick. Might be january/feb for next batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 freddy01

Hi just wondering where the OOM is at this moment. I am oom 761 exactly and i didnt expect the interviews to be running so quick. Might be january/feb for next batch?

550 OOM Sat their interview last week.

Great thanks freddy , will prob be after xmas i expect. Time to put the head down and fingers crossed i will hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Next batch has been called to interview. They're probably starting next week? I don't know, but yes they are moving very quick. Hard to tell when they will actually stop for the Christmas period and on what number but I imagine they want to get as many done as possible. I don't know, wouldn't rule out you getting called to interview before Christmas. But I'd say you'd surely be looking at January if not before with your OOM. But not that long to wait anyway sure Christmas only 6 weeks away! Been a quick year

Great thanks jojomama. At least i have time to prepare. Yes it was a quick year and it would be ideal to know if they will run another batch before the xmas holidays. Have you had an interview ? I hear its very tough, best prepare and get some mock interviews done.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Great thanks freddy , will prob be after xmas i expect. Time to put the head down and fingers crossed i will hear something soon.

I’m OOM in the 720’s and have been called for interview so you could be called into this batch depending on cancellations or noshows id imagine! I’ve seen this happen in other threads! If not I’d say next batch of interview will be January :)

• Advertisement

Thank you user2206. It is great to get an idea of what oom are at interview stage. So ya never know i could be called up sooner than i thought. I best get the forms especially that b form sorted. Nerves now. Best of luck in your interview hope it goes smooth for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Great thanks jojomama. At least i have time to prepare. Yes it was a quick year and it would be ideal to know if they will run another batch before the xmas holidays. Have you had an interview ? I hear its very tough, best prepare and get some mock interviews done.

Yes did my interview last week, did find it tough but more nerves than anything else got better of me, someone used an example of feeling like a flickering light bulb and I was exactly that too. I wanted to sell myself, I know I would be a great Garda even if I have to go again next year but my brain just kept farting out little flecks of gold here and there but nothing solid. They aren't trying to catch you out, it is what it says on the tin. Prepare well and be no bother to you. The more prepared the less the nerves and the more confident you will feel heading into the room. Don't be too cocky but be confident that you're the best fit for the job better than anyone else sitting out in the waiting area. Anyway best of luck at interview

Thanks jojomama. Yes i can imagine the pressure your under and those probing questions but i would say your glad its over. Hopefully you get some good news soon. Your right about the cockiness alrite but thats definatly something im not. I also believe im fit for the job so hopefully i can show it on the day. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AT359

I’m 720’s and have my interview in 2 weeks time

Congrats AT359 and best of luck on the interview, thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blackro12345

I'm OOM 1092. Does anyone think we will be called for interview before Xmas?

With how quickly they are moving through the campaign, each batch seems to be 150 every week to 10 days, chances are its looking like you would be.

That's just my opinion, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

With how quickly they are moving through the campaign, each batch seems to be 150 every week to 10 days, chances are its looking like you would be.

That's just my opinion, best of luck.

Anyone hear any results from last weeks interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

rossd92 wrote: »
    Anyone hear any results from last weeks interviews?

I had my interview the 1st of November mid 300s OOM,

No word yet

• Advertisement

Had mine the 2nd Nov, still no word either.

Advertisement