Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philipnash19

Anyone any clue when the fitness test will be? Im in the 450 range on the OOM and have been waiting for word since we sent off that doctors cert befoee the 11th of January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Anyone any clue when the fitness test will be? Im in the 450 range on the OOM and have been waiting for word since we sent off that doctors cert befoee the 11th of January

Im waiting too...OOM 56 but they are not going on oom. Dates already gone out are 1st, 8th & 15th Feb so we will be after that I assume.

Im waiting too...OOM 56 but they are not going on oom. Dates already gone out are 1st, 8th & 15th Feb so we will be after that I assume.

All this waiting is killing me, can't begin to imagine how bad it's gonna be when they are vetting. Hope it doesn't take ages like it does for some people on here, I've been sticking with my awful job just for the reference

All this waiting is killing me, can't begin to imagine how bad it's gonna be when they are vetting. Hope it doesn't take ages like it does for some people on here, I've been sticking with my awful job just for the reference

Its a total pain I know and I have no patience whatsoever! lol I'm just sooooo eager to get going.

• Advertisement

Its a total pain I know and I have no patience whatsoever! lol I'm just sooooo eager to get going.

Goodluck anyway hope we both get it!

Goodluck anyway hope we both get it!

Fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Did anyone get interview results from January yet? Thanks

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did anyone get interview results from January yet? Thanks

When did you do it? Did mine in November and got the results 2 weeks to the day later

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Passed stage 2, OOM is 1300. I have a holiday booked for early March, any idea when I might get called for my interview ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

How long does it take roughly after interview to get results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

AngelaG wrote: »
    How long does it take roughly after interview to get results ?

Took me about 6 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

So anyone know when they will be taking us in if we pass stage three ? I'm presuming it's going to be this year sometime ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Jake5991 wrote: »
    So anyone know when they will be taking us in if we pass stage three ? I'm presuming it's going to be this year sometime ?

There are 3 intakes, one in April, one in July and one in December. Hard to know though, all depends on getting, physical and medical.

Ah ok thanks for that

Another question if we are successful , when we come out of Templemore how far from our homes can they send us and do we get fuel allowance . A little birdie mentioned something about brexit and getting sent North .:eek::eek:

Another question if we are successful , when we come out of Templemore how far from our homes can they send us and do we get fuel allowance . A little birdie mentioned something about brexit and getting sent North .:eek::eek:

Realistically, they can send you anywhere. No fuel allowance. They are meant to be looking for about 600 guards along the border, but apparently they are asking for volunteers first. I would assume that if they don't meet that number, they'll throw a few probationary up there. That's approx a year or two away though, as far as I heard anyway.

I heard that and then someone else said max 50km away from your home . I suppose after two or three years you might get an opportunity to get closer to home especially if you have a young family.

I heard that and then someone else said max 50km away from your home . I suppose after two or three years you might get an opportunity to get closer to home especially if you have a young family.

It depends where you are from tbh. My OH was posted about 60km away from home and that was because we had a young infant. Nearly everybody from his phase went to Dublin, Cork or Galway. For example one fella on his phase from Westport was sent to Letterkenny.
    So it varies, but yes if you have a mortgage or kids they will take that into consideration to some extent.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Where have you heard they are looking for 600 along the border?

Don't know how accurate the figure is but they are definitely looking for border volunteers at the moment. I think i heard it might be for 6-9 month slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Realistically, they can send you anywhere. No fuel allowance. They are meant to be looking for about 600 guards along the border, but apparently they are asking for volunteers first. I would assume that if they don't meet that number, they'll throw a few probationary up there. That's approx a year or two away though, as far as I heard anyway.

https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-border-4456751-Jan2019/

Well i could live with six or nine months . Im from Laois so im hoping the furthest id be sent is Dublin but sure all we can do is hope :D

You'd need to make your peace with the fact you could be sent anywhere in the state. Would you really want to go through Templemore for months to refuse a station somewhere you perceive as being too far away?

Well still on the fence about what to do as my family situation has changed recently . Just trying to find out as much as i can on here to help me make a decision.

FIVE.0 wrote: »

I heard it from my OH, as I said it's not concrete, just the buzz that is going around.

edit to add: it's not necessarily to the North. Just to the border so that's from north Donegal right the way round. Could mean people will be posted in Pettigo, Blacklion, wherever necessary along there. I'm from Donegal so pretty much everywhere is South to me! :D

Well still on the fence about what to do as my family situation has changed recently . Just trying to find out as much as i can on here to help me make a decision.

You are dead right. Best to get all the information now rather decided it’s not going to suit while you’re in templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

In terms of location there is a minimum requirement to be at least 50kms (used to be 30) from your immediate family. This is not set in stone. As for people with family issues you can make a request for a more reasonable distance due to family circumstances or dependants. Things like fuel / travel allowances are claimed if you are working away from your permanent station (nothing to do with distance from home).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi gang, just wondering is there anyway I can get my hands on my assessment questionaire that was done at the very start of recruitment process? for prep for my interview? Is it possible as I heard they use that to interview you?

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi gang, just wondering is there anyway I can get my hands on my assessment questionaire that was done at the very start of recruitment process? for prep for my interview? Is it possible as I heard they use that to interview you?

It's not your questionnaire, it's the application form you initially filled out. You might have it saved on your PC.

• Advertisement

EH95 wrote: »

What you are looking for is your ‘interview form’. You would have filled it out on the computer and uploaded it to the public jobs site. You should have it saved.

Advertisement