Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
20-11-2020, 21:05   #256
Hooter23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,215
Sure when they give the same winter forecast every year for the last 10 years they eventually get it right anyway...
Hooter23 is offline  
Advertisement
23-11-2020, 10:49   #257
Loughc
Moderator
 
Loughc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazlers View Post
Its funny you should say that as i cant remember an accurate one
M.T.'s have been on the money every year. I'm talking about proper weather enthusiasts not John the postman or Met Eireann or the Sun newspaper.
Loughc is online now  
(3) thanks from:
24-11-2020, 19:06   #258
nacho libre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 13,195


A bit different to this time last year! Could we be on the cusp of something decent?
nacho libre is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2020, 19:11   #259
lucernarian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho libre View Post


A bit different to this time last year! Could we be on the cusp of something decent?
What is this a chart of?
lucernarian is offline  
24-11-2020, 19:25   #260
BringBackMick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 769
Intriguing
BringBackMick is online now  
Advertisement
24-11-2020, 21:18   #261
bazlers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughc View Post
M.T.'s have been on the money every year. I'm talking about proper weather enthusiasts not John the postman or Met Eireann or the Sun newspaper.
No not even the great MT gets it right all the time im afraid.
As good if not better than anything ive seen though.
bazlers is offline  
24-11-2020, 21:52   #262
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackMick View Post
Intriguing
Looks like air sourced from a mild continental Europe to me.
highdef is online now  
(2) thanks from:
24-11-2020, 22:25   #263
Cluedo Monopoly
Registered User
 
Cluedo Monopoly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 566
A frosty one tomorrow night. I always like to see the frost coming. It gives hope.
Cluedo Monopoly is offline  
24-11-2020, 22:26   #264
Loughc
Moderator
 
Loughc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluedo Monopoly View Post
A frosty one tomorrow night. I always like to see the frost coming. It gives hope.
It’s the hope that kills you.

Abandon all hope ye that enter.
Loughc is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2020, 22:28   #265
Artane2002
Registered User
 
Artane2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,479
The GFS 18z brings in -6c uppers from the east on December 2nd, I'm not sure if that's good enough at this time of year due to the modification of the air mass by the warm sea but I imagine it's enough to bring wintry showers. Still out in FI of course.
Artane2002 is offline  
24-11-2020, 22:45   #266
hatrickpatrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,010
The pub run is now showing the development of a Scandi high beginning within the reliable timeframe. Certainly some more interesting charts than we've had over the last few winters since The Beast...
hatrickpatrick is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2020, 22:50   #267
pad199207
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
The pub run is now showing the development of a Scandi high beginning within the reliable timeframe. Certainly some more interesting charts than we've had over the last few winters since The Beast...
It’s definitely improving alright as the runs go, but the gate to the garden path is still wide open at this point.
pad199207 is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2020, 23:24   #268
Gonzo
Moderator
 
Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 12,549
Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
interesting charts alright but still some wide swings from one run to another such as this mornings and this evenings ECM being quite different, however it does appear the Atlantic may settle down for a while and we can look forward to some frosty nights in the short term.
Gonzo is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2020, 23:33   #269
John O.Groats
Registered User
 
John O.Groats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
interesting charts alright but still some wide swings from one run to another such as this mornings and this evenings ECM being quite different, however it does appear the Atlantic may settle down for a while and we can look forward to some frosty nights in the short term.
So no prospect of anything like a repeat of the Nov/Dec 2010 big freeze a decade on from that unforgettable period of weather then?
John O.Groats is offline  
25-11-2020, 06:00   #270
ZX7R
Registered User
 
ZX7R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
interesting charts alright but still some wide swings from one run to another such as this mornings and this evenings ECM being quite different, however it does appear the Atlantic may settle down for a while and we can look forward to some frosty nights in the short term.
Ecm even with the big swings between runs is trending Colder in the runs.
It just can't decide where it wants the cold though
ZX7R is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet