Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭zol 2

Picked up the News and Star today in the shop. Definetly worth getting, I recommend it. Loads of pre match build up, interviews, discussion, and more from people like Paul Flynn, Phil Fanning and John A Murphy(the voice of Waterford GAA).

Flynner i would take notice of when he writes a preview of the game as this man has an unbelievable hurling brain but as for johnny"CAPT CLICHE" murphy dont make me laugh! Phil can write more freely now on these games as there are no family connections involved anymore!!. Lets say he was blinded by these distractions in times gone by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

zol 2 wrote: »
    Picked up the News and Star today in the shop. Definetly worth getting, I recommend it. Loads of pre match build up, interviews, discussion, and more from people like Paul Flynn, Phil Fanning and John A Murphy(the voice of Waterford GAA).

Flynner i would take notice of when he writes a preview of the game as this man has an unbelievable hurling brain but as for johnny"CAPT CLICHE" murphy dont make me laugh! Phil can write more freely now on these games as there are no family connections involved anymore!!. Lets say he was blinded by these distractions in times gone by!

He is still the voice of Waterford GAA....

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Couldnt have put it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

Cake Man wrote: »
    Thurles.

It will be tough, Tipp are meant to have a decent team but minor is a very unpredictable grade so it’s hard to call. They did beat us by a point or two in a challenge game about two months back so that would suggest both teams would prob be as good as each other. Hope we can win because this is a really good minor team this year and would be disappointing to see their summer end early.

Thought Tipp were a much better side that night, they made a lot of changes for the second half taking off a lot of their better players and while we never stoped fighting that night not sure if fight alone will carry us when we meet them next for real, hope im wrong and a lot of work has been done since then but think we will be really up against it

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

remarkable ,astounding ,peerless ,enormity,abundance and last by no means least MAGNITUDE ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Sounds like you work for the News & star. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

That's good news anyway but I'd say Noelie won't be exactly 100% fit. Even still, I'd start him and if he appears to be struggling then Philip Mahony is an able replacement.
    No mention of Darragh, is he fit or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

A lot of confident talk coming out of Clare. The Davy factor they believe will swing it there way and having a very good panel make them very dangerous opponents for next Sunday. Its going to be a 50:50 game the prize being a Munster final appearance against either Cork or Tipp I hope if we get through to the final that we have a better showing than last year.What a nightmare that was for us hopefully we can make amends there but I would not look beyond next Sunday before we can make any more plans.The forecast is not great I hope their wrong there, nothing worse than getting a drenching come to think of it the last time I got a soaking against Clare they bet the crap out of us. Different times I know just all these thoughts going through the mind at the moment. DEEP down I think we will get a win here's hoping.

• Advertisement

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    I hope if we get through to the final that we have a better showing than last year

don't mention the war lol
    mccarthy37 wrote: »
    DEEP down I think we will get a win here's hoping.

defo, I don't fear Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

He is still the voice of Waterford GAA....
    A self appointed title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/connors-and-kelly-declared-fit-for-deise-555181.html

the rose tinted glasses just got rosier,I'm really thinking this could be a good omen

and I quote

""A second X-ray showed that Eoin hadn't fractured his thumb, and he underlined his fitness by scoring 2-6 (2-4 from play) in a recent club game."

Heres hoping for a Paul Flynn style Wundergoal from Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

Darragh rated no better than 50:50 still. They're giving him every opportunity to make it. Fitness test at training tomorrow evening will tell all.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

That's good news anyway but I'd say Noelie won't be exactly 100% fit. Even still, I'd start him and if he appears to be struggling then Philip Mahony is an able replacement.

While I'd love to see noelie play, I really don't think managent will take a chance on someone who has only played 22 minutes of competitive hurling in the past four months. Then you obviously have the possibility of him not holding up if he comes on as a replacement. Really difficult decision but then only management and noelie himself really know how well he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

if he is not 100% fit leave him on the bench ,if he was to start he could cost us early on ,

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Jesus I just wish tomorrow was Sunday.can't wait for this game,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Lads. If we don't hit the ball to the other team, I think we could win on Sunday. I really think we could.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Lads. If we don't hit the ball to the other team, I think we could win on Sunday. I really think we could.
    No way, definitely think Clare have the beating of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

and limerick have the beating of everyone, yaaaaaay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

If we score more than Clare I think we've a good chance.

you've been thinking..... don't hurt yourself now

Just thinking lads, does anybody know how training has been going for them? Is it going well? Any players off form? I heard on WLR FM they played a challenge match on Monday night and they won. Fitness testing tonight then I understand. I hope trainings been going well, I'd be worried if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If we are too be beaten on Sunday, do you think we are strong enough to get through the back door ???.

Will Ryan be forced to resign after the clare game if we get a hiding ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If we are too be beaten on Sunday, do you think we are strong enough to get through the back door ???.

Will Ryan be forced to resign after the clare game if we get a hiding ???

I really don't know, being honest. If we lose , and are forced to go the scenic route, we potentially have set ourselves up for qualifier against either Dublin, Kilkenny, Offaly and one other team. I'd be worried about going through the back door to be honest. If we get Dublin(that's if they lose), I'm afraid its potentially lights out. Your margin for error is 0 in qualifiers. Like you said if we do get a hiding, I think it may be hard to get us back on our feet and get confidence back up again. About your question about Michael Ryan, who knows it's very tough to forecast, some people were calling for his head for losing league matches, so if we get the bollocks beat out of us on Sunday, he'll definitely have people on his back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone know the score form the Cork Clare challenge game a few nights ago? I heard one place Cork beat them well by 10 points or so but in another I heard Cork only one by 4 and both teams were without a lot of main players..

Realistically it doesnt mean anything but it might help my heart rate in the meantime...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

you've been thinking..... don't hurt yourself now

Lawl! Serves soccy right for trying to troll :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know the score form the Cork Clare challenge game a few nights ago? I heard one place Cork beat them well by 10 points or so but in another I heard Cork only one by 4 and both teams were without a lot of main players..

Realistically it doesnt mean anything but it might help my heart rate in the meantime...

I really cant remember where I heard it, but I think Cork beat them, with a few points to spare aswell I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Cork bet Clare out the gate. Davy was roaring and crying after the game saying Waterford will beat the shi:: out of them, that's how important challenge games are:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement